LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I doubt we trade him. Who is going to replace him for special teams we didn't really draft or grab a free agent that can handle his job. I also believe will keep him because Hunter, and Gore are most likely gone after this season, and hyde, lat could use a small fast change of pace back.
^^ Ellington can return kicks.

I think he trade him for a 6th.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Ain't nobody trading for a 4th string RB with average speed, no power and emotional/motivation issues?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I doubt we trade him. Who is going to replace him for special teams we didn't really draft or grab a free agent that can handle his job. I also believe will keep him because Hunter, and Gore are most likely gone after this season, and hyde, lat could use a small fast change of pace back.

I like LMJ and feel like he was never given a proper chance to play in our system. But with that said, I don't see how we can keep him on the roster. With Gore, Miller, Lattimore, Hyde, Hunter, that's 5 RBs, if we kept LMJ that's 6 and he'd have to be active on game day to be our return guy. I also think Ellington will be our new return guy, he didn't return punts in college but he returned KO's and is a 2 sport athlete, I'm sure he'll be fine there. Wouldn't be surprised either if we ended up trading LMJ for a player with return ability either that plays a position other than RB.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I like LMJ and feel like he was never given a proper chance to play in our system. But with that said, I don't see how we can keep him on the roster. With Gore, Miller, Lattimore, Hyde, Hunter, that's 5 RBs, if we kept LMJ that's 6 and he'd have to be active on game day to be our return guy. I also think Ellington will be our new return guy, he didn't return punts in college but he returned KO's and is a 2 sport athlete, I'm sure he'll be fine there. Wouldn't be surprised either if we ended up trading LMJ for a player with return ability either that plays a position other than RB.

This is spot on.

Is it naive of me to think that Roman came to his senses and is developing plays where Kaep can throw the screen to LaMike?
Trade him to the saints for a 6th or 7th.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

He has no trade value

He has done nothing in his career besides fumble in the Super Bowl, f**k this doot
Every day I come to check for the "LaMichael James is NO LONGER a Niner" thread and everyday I'm disappoint.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on May 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

He has no trade value

He has done nothing in his career besides fumble in the Super Bowl, f**k this doot

This.

When will it change from "is" to "was"
I'm interested to see how he will respond to the added competition. He's got a legit challenger at KR/PR in Bruce Ellington and he now has to contend with Marcus Lattimore, Carlos Hyde, and Kendall Hunter for carries. Will he step up? Doubt it, but I've been surprised before.

Believe he will be traded soon, just don't see him responding well to the competition he has at RB & returner now.
While I think we could have developed better packages to utilize his skill, his constant twitter yapping gets old and it would probably be best just to move and put the nightmare that was the 2012 draft behind us. That fumble in the Super Bowl is still really hard to let go, it seemed to spark the huge deficit that we couldn't overcome.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Dude is as good as gone. No way he can thrive with all the competition at RB now. Dunno if we could even get a pick for him since he's likely to get cut anyway. His most impactfulcontribution was his fumble in the SB on a definite TD drive. He's just not a good fit here.
I may be the only one who still wants him around. I think he still has some value, although I am probably just grasping on to his past accomplishments in college.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I may be the only one who still wants him around. I think he still has some value, although I am probably just grasping on to his past accomplishments in college.

You are.
Share 49ersWebzone