LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 319 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Are you sure you didn't mean "you are an amazingly short guy?"

You may be on to something there. A short guy with tall tales. Did I mention that I was dead set against the Israel Ifeanyichukwu pick?
Poker Face Trent.
K.O.D. Kiss of Death, once Harbaugh said, LMJ isn't going anywhere. Now we know for CERTAIN, James is gone. That isn't like it is big news or anything, but once JH put his stamp of approval on James, then you know it is over for LMJ here. Wow, a 2nd rd pick, never used, never tried...just wasted.

Yes it is true that I give ro-man the wo-man credit for all things that go south on Offense. But all he had to do was call some RB bailouts or bubble screens to LMJ , if for no other reason to see what would happen. NOPE. Ro-man steadfastly refused to do that, because ro-man doesn't do that. PERIOD. And there goes a potential 10 maybe even 15% of additional O yards...plus ro-man contributed to a wasted pick. Trent may have picked him but if ro-man doesn't use him, well, whose fault is that? Yup, the OC. Or even better the "pretender" OC. Let Trent call the plays, too, and my bet is he would be better than ro-man the wo-man.

Wait, Trent could still save the day by putting Gabbert and LMJ in the same package for one of the bottom 8 teams that have no QB or krappy QB and also need a RB. A duo swap for a high round pick. We know Trent is the guy who will surprise us many times. Here could be another.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
K.O.D. Kiss of Death, once Harbaugh said, LMJ isn't going anywhere. Now we know for CERTAIN, James is gone. That isn't like it is big news or anything, but once JH put his stamp of approval on James, then you know it is over for LMJ here. Wow, a 2nd rd pick, never used, never tried...just wasted.

Yes it is true that I give ro-man the wo-man credit for all things that go south on Offense. But all he had to do was call some RB bailouts or bubble screens to LMJ , if for no other reason to see what would happen. NOPE. Ro-man steadfastly refused to do that, because ro-man doesn't do that. PERIOD. And there goes a potential 10 maybe even 15% of additional O yards...plus ro-man contributed to a wasted pick. Trent may have picked him but if ro-man doesn't use him, well, whose fault is that? Yup, the OC. Or even better the "pretender" OC. Let Trent call the plays, too, and my bet is he would be better than ro-man the wo-man.

Wait, Trent could still save the day by putting Gabbert and LMJ in the same package for one of the bottom 8 teams that have no QB or krappy QB and also need a RB. A duo swap for a high round pick. We know Trent is the guy who will surprise us many times. Here could be another.

I thought Trent said LMJ isnt going anywhere?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
LMJ has baby hands, can't hold onto the football. Cant truss it.
Originally posted by crake49:
When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!

Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner. crake49 Apr 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hey crake49, I also called Aldon Smith a bust on draft day as well, his off-field problems aside, I was dead wrong on that one.
My comments were not all encompassing but focused on that which was related to LaMichael James and his draft class, a wasted #1 and #2. I see you have your opinions as well, at least I own mine right or wrong. Is this one of those hold your breath moments?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by T3Football:
When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner. crake49 Apr 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hey crake49, I also called Aldon Smith a bust on draft day as well, his off-field problems aside, I was dead wrong on that one.
My comments were not all encompassing but focused on that which was related to LaMichael James and his draft class, a wasted #1 and #2. I see you have your opinions as well, at least I own mine right or wrong. Is this one of those hold your breath moments?
crake has more credibility because he has more red boxes filled then you
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

crake has more credibility because he has more red boxes filled then you
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am sorry about these double posts,, must be my computer
I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set.

When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct y!

Uhhhhh, you obviously never saw Cody Pickett play....

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.

Yes, I believe the kiss-of-death has been well documented to this point. It's a done deal. It's already packaged to move up and get Evans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set.

When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct y!

Uhhhhh, you obviously never saw Cody Pickett play....
steve spurrier took us to the playoffs in 72 so he set the bar for joe and cody
Does this guy get cut, traded, or released? I can't get over the way we use him....not at all! We ran some spread concept, and pistol formation, both were he could be a weapon, but never used him there, Harbaughs rookie season we ran a play called Jet Sweep, a play every high school in Oregon runs, a play Uof O runs, a play James runs well...but we never ran it with James, or at all since we drafted him. I remain baffled by some of our play calling. We say we need to be more explosive and dynamic, and then we line up and pound the rock up the gut?
Trade him please
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Peace out LaEmo
[ Edited by Garcia on May 11, 2014 at 12:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone