LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
He should play more. Are offense was rolling last year in the playoffs with him and the read option.
  • thl408
Nice 40 yard punt return to set up the game clinching TD drive in the 3rd quarter of WAS.
Originally posted by pd24:
He should play more. Are offense was rolling last year in the playoffs with him and the read option.

i think he's a really good weapon. roman needs to get his s**t in gear and get this guy the ball on offense
  • thl408
There was a play ran for LMJ in WAS, but it was butchered in its execution. That was the play Boldin and LMJ were lined up next to Kap in the pistol. They ran a fake read option give to Boldin to the left then swung LMJ over to the other side of the field for a screen pass. The pass was off, the blocking was off, everything was off.
excellent game tonight. they gotta find ways to get him worked into the offense. run screens to this dude!
Originally posted by thl408:
There was a play ran for LMJ in WAS, but it was butchered in its execution. That was the play Boldin and LMJ were lined up next to Kap in the pistol. They ran a fake read option give to Boldin to the left then swung LMJ over to the other side of the field for a screen pass. The pass was off, the blocking was off, everything was off.

cannot get better at it unless they continue to do it. this is week 12 if we had been running that from week 1 it would be crisper but it's a start

there should have never been a contest between him and kyle williams

even when lmj fumbled i didn't care because i knew he'd get it and not just stand there looking stupid.

and his sideline work... you just see what he is in open space. he was on the sideline didn't go out of bounds got an additional 10 yards other team didn't even know how he got it
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The LaMichael James experiment is over. Chalk this in as another draft bust.

Right, because it's his fault the imbeciles scheming/calling plays don't utilize him properly. Wake me up when finally decide to throw him some screens, swings, split him out wide or in the slot, have him run reverses, etc. But you're probably right, only give him 1 or 2 plays from scrimmage, jam him up the middle and then declare him a bust....sound reasoning, well done.
exactly!!! LMJ was impressive today, except the dropped punt. But overall he was excellent.....draft bust? u cant be serious ?!! Did u even watch the game. Hes improving every game with lil experience really
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so glad this dude is finally getting some touches. It's just a matter of time before he starts breaking some long returns. It'll come with experience.
  • Liono
I told you guys LMJ would be a spark in the return game! He needs to get some quality touches on the offense as well. He's so much more explosive than Kendall Hunter....what exactly has Hunter done all year?
Its not that LMJ is a bust, its that he was picked one or two rounds too high. He is a 4th round talent and the 49ers REACHED too high for him. He does have some skills but the more I see any Ducks players in the NFL, the more I see its their system and not so much the players.

The current schemes doesnt allow for LMJ, nor Hunter for that matter, to succeed offensively.
We didnt reach for him. Roman simply doesnt know how to use him properly. Back then, though it's still prevailing, we needed some speed in our offense. LMJ was indeed a good talent, who would have been drafted by the 4th round, imo.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
The LaMichael James experiment is over. Chalk this in as another draft bust.

Living up to your moniker, that is for sure
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
The current schemes doesnt allow for LMJ, nor Hunter for that matter, to succeed offensively.

You nailed it. We need a more diversified passing offense that uses them like Sproles for them to flourish. I have the feeling we are going to be progressively forced to morph our offense into something more like New England, Denver and New Orleans run. Much more spread and running out of these types of sets. The reason we went back to traditional I formation was because it is Gore's strength. That offense is just not the most potent anymore and we can't continue to put it all on Frank. Old dying philosophy. I really hope Harbaugh and Roman completely remake their offense philosophy in the offseason. They will have to for this team to take the next step.
Yea its like night & day in the return game
Share 49ersWebzone