LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 130 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL6mCoach Harbaugh on RB LaMichael James: "We want to get that going. He's too good of a player not to be playing." James has 7 rushes so far.

Jim playing mind tricks

Maybe this means he's about to take over punt return and kick return duties from Kyle Williams.

I have no clue why they didn't put LMJ as a returner from the start. I remember last year in New England, his return swung the momentum back to us.

I don't know. My only guess is that they knew he wouldn't be used much as a RB and they didn't want to take up an active spot only for return duties. KW was going to play WR (either #2 or #3) regardless, so maybe they thought having him take over returns would save that one active roster spot.

Good point
Originally posted by iLL49er:
has LMJ ever shown he can catch the ball consistently?
Well no, but, he's short, black and fast, so we should automatically assume he possesses all of the ability and strengths of Darren Sproles.

He caught over 50 passes in 3 seasons at Oregon, saw a lot of their games and most receptions I saw were swings and slants, good hands, catching the ball with his hands, arms extended...last year in the few games he played, he had 3 in reg season (all went for 1st downs) and 2 post-season. I believe there is plenty enough skill there to utilize him as a receiver out of various formations, but it will take HaRo giving him the chance.
Dixon might be the odd man out. I think Dixon will get cut and LMJ becomes the 3rd string RB, and Moody takes over Dixon's spot on special teams.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dixon might be the odd man out. I think Dixon will get cut and LMJ becomes the 3rd string RB, and Moody takes over Dixon's spot on special teams.

That actually sounds like a pretty reasonable and likely scenario. Dixon's value to the team is almost nothing really. He's decent on ST's, but not great, and he doesn't add any value as a back.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
doing something once doesn't = a problem.

Unless you get your sister pregnant.

Wodwo, I understand the reactions, but I was like

That's exactly what I was aiming for.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Antix:
Better hold on to the f**king ball.
This!!

Since when does he have a fumbling problem?
Superbowl, preseason?

He did it in the superbowl and then when the niners played again this preseason, he did it again.

Did it in the Stanford-Oregon game in 2011.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Antix:
Better hold on to the f**king ball.
This!!

Since when does he have a fumbling problem?
Superbowl, preseason?

He did it in the superbowl and then when the niners played again this preseason, he did it again.

Did it in the Stanford-Oregon game in 2011.

Did it in high school in 2008 and pop warner in 2003
Originally posted by theduke85:
Well no, but, he's short, black and fast, so we should automatically assume he possesses all of the ability and strengths of Darren Sproles.

Bingo.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
when gore fumbles eveyone seems to act like it never happened

When LMJ has accomplished something even remotely close to what Gore has he may be given a little latitude as well. A guy fighting to make the roster or even show he can play at this level should NOT be fumbling the ball. Not to mention doing it at crucial time in the fing superbowl.

he's only "fighting" to make the active roster because we have two stud rbs already

Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

That actually sounds like a pretty reasonable and likely scenario. Dixon's value to the team is almost nothing really. He's decent on ST's, but not great, and he doesn't add any value as a back.

This. LMJ would be better as the 3rd back. He would add more to the offense than Dixon ever did, and he's lightning fast, we saw that on display last year many times. Coaches need to design some plays with him as the "anointed receiver". Give him a drag route 6-8 yards deep with some blockers and he could very well take it to pay dirt, or clear out space with multiple rub routes. That would help the passing game a lot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
am glad to see our franchise is still alive. figured we would cease to exist due to the fact we did not get flash gordon today,, trying to find a place for james, trying to figure out a kick and punt returner and bringing guys back is on the list of things for them to do in the bye. i do not think this is a james vs dixon thing. james is going to have to earn a spot on the team and i think it starts with kick returns. unless something has changed from pre season, he still can not return a punt for s**t and can not pass block, kyle gave him a opening so lets see if james takes it
Originally posted by cciowa:
am glad to see our franchise is still alive. figured we would cease to exist due to the fact we did not get flash gordon today,, trying to find a place for james, trying to figure out a kick and punt returner and bringing guys back is on the list of things for them to do in the bye. i do not think this is a james vs dixon thing. james is going to have to earn a spot on the team and i think it starts with kick returns. unless something has changed from pre season, he still can not return a punt for s**t and can not pass block, kyle gave him a opening so lets see if james takes it

This!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

This!

after what kyle did sunday, i would think the return game is wide open for anyone. if james can not win the job now with the show we saw from kyle sunday,,, he deserves to stay inactive for the rest of his natural born days
after what kyle did sunday, i would think the return game is wide open for anyone. if james can not win the job now with the show we saw from kyle sunday,,, he deserves to stay inactive for the rest of his natural born days

There you go again cc being a bit over dramatic.
Share 49ersWebzone