LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If we do land a WR like Gordon, who do you think will be send packing? I am betting Kyle Williams gets the axe!

Kyle Williams will not get the axe. The coaches like him as a returned otherwise James would be returning...

and we are not trading for gordon or anyone else so that makes the whole discussion moot in my opinion
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
and we are not trading for gordon or anyone else so that makes the whole discussion moot in my opinion

Well, my motto is never say never. cc, remember how heated you were about cutting AJ Jenkins and everyone were saying no way would the 9ers cut a 1st round pick after a year ? Well, we didn't cut him, we traded him, but the point is Baalke still unloaded Jenkins and everyone were shocked to bits. As for this Gordon trade, I am not saying it will happen, in fact the chances are more than likely it won't, but I am not saying anything until we pass the deadline. If it doesn't happen, then just too bad.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

Well, my motto is never say never. cc, remember how heated you were about cutting AJ Jenkins and everyone were saying no way would the 9ers cut a 1st round pick after a year ? Well, we didn't cut him, we traded him, but the point is Baalke still unloaded Jenkins and everyone were shocked to bits. As for this Gordon trade, I am not saying it will happen, in fact the chances are more than likely it won't, but I am not saying anything until we pass the deadline. If it doesn't happen, then just too bad.
i am a bit lost. i was not upset they dumped jenkins,, i lobbied for it front and center and i could have cared less if he was cut , traded or driven off a cliff, just as long as he was no longer on the team. when they dumped him i was not shocked to bits, i expected it because he was not out playing anyone in practice and no matter how high you are drafted when that happens you are gone..... the same goes for james, he is not out playing anyone in practice so i would not be shocked to see him go. if we wanted gordon, it would already be done. it is obvious what the niner plan is and that is get at least mario back. crabs would be gravy to me
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
i am a bit lost. i was not upset they dumped jenkins,, i lobbied for it front and center and i could have cared less if he was cut , traded or driven off a cliff, just as long as he was no longer on the team. when they dumped him i was not shocked to bits, i expected it because he was not out playing anyone in practice and no matter how high you are drafted when that happens you are gone..... the same goes for james, he is not out playing anyone in practice so i would not be shocked to see him go. if we wanted gordon, it would already be done. it is obvious what the niner plan is and that is get at least mario back. crabs would be gravy to me

No, I don't mean you were shocked to bits cos I knew you wanted him gone and frankly me too. But, everyone were saying we were out of our minds and yet it happened. But, going back to Gordon, I do agree if it were to happen it, by right it should have happened by now. It could well be the Browns are sitting on it until the last minute or may be they might have already told Baalke no which would explain why Baalke came out to say LMJ won't be traded and any WR signing will be unlikely. Well, just give it a few more days and this will all be over.

One way of looking at it as Adam Schefter has noted, the Browns have already traded away five 1st round picks in Richardson, Beason, Monroe, Brown and McKinnie, so would trading one more guy be really out of the realms ? Who knows ?

The other question is if Gordon is off the table, would Baalke even consider a rental on Nicks ?

Only time will tell.
Just like in Free Agency, the 49er's will DRAG their feet and most likely not do anything. UNTIL they find out that both Manningham and Crabtree are not fully healed and are unable to perform in full capacity, then we'll hear the Shudda , Cudda and Woulda statements.

Especially if one of the teams in the division picks up Gordon or one of the other receivers they were considering. I can see the reaction now if Seattle picks up one of them just to spite the 49er's.
I feel that LMJ is grossly overrated. He looks nothing like Sproles. Hunter is signficantly better than LMJ.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diablo:
I feel that LMJ is grossly overrated. He looks nothing like Sproles. Hunter is signficantly better than LMJ.

This. He should be traded if we can get something reasonable for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diablo:

of course this is the truth, and he b***hes to much on social media, f**k him, trade him and get a 6th rounder
  • Liono
I don't understand the assertions that "Kendall is clearly better" than LaMichael. Kendall is averaging 3.7 yards per carry since returning from injury. The only thing that is clear is that LaMichael is the most explosive athlete we have on the team.
  • bors
  • Veteran
This thread should be renamed ....lmj is kinda of a 49er

Either trade him or activate him and trade Kyle.
Originally posted by Liono:
I don't understand the assertions that "Kendall is clearly better" than LaMichael. Kendall is averaging 3.7 yards per carry since returning from injury. The only thing that is clear is that LaMichael is the most explosive athlete we have on the team.

Based on what?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Liono:

Based on what?
one kickoff return last year. and some carries in garbage time.
So now we don't like LaMichael James.

oh ok
ive always thought he looked solid..who knows
Share 49ersWebzone