LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Cuz james aint that good plan N simple ....

Ahh. Gotcha.

I detect sarcasm in your voice

Bush isn't the only RB capable of running a screen. James is not as explosive, but would still be really effective if given the ball in space. He's got vision, quick feet, and nifty moves. Stronger than people give him credit for too.

Sarcasm? Me!? No way! How could I argue with that incredibly articulated reasoning that he presented

And yes, I agree with everything you said, especially the bolded. I think physical is a better word, IMO. He is surprisingly physical for his size. And as for how I wanted to see the Niners use him, read my post before this. James = Bernard, IMO.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Oct 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why can't we have James and Hunter on the field at the same time???

why can't we run a play like this to James... or those reverse plays we did with Moore yesterday.

Of course if both RBs get injured on the same play.......
@LaMichaelJames
Everyone keep asking me if I got traded ... Not To my knowledge

[ Edited by kush on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]
Nothing will change next year even if Gore retires and Dixon is gone. They will have a healthy Marcus Lattimore, Hunter and they will need a bigger back so if LMJ is still around he will continue to be inactive.
[ Edited by saj4423 on Oct 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]
Jim Harbaugh on Monday insisted running back LaMichael James has a "big role" role on the 49ers despite the fact he was a healthy scratch for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Yes, that big role is trade bait to acquire a player at a more needed position.
Totally underutilized talent. Put him in the slot, have him shimmy some LB's or Safeties.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
How would you know? Dude is given next to no opportunity. Yet we have passes thrown to Miller, screens to Dixon, and Kyle Williams returning kicks.

Are you serious? You can't be serious. I've seen enough of James to know he's nowhere near the player Sproles is. Hunter is much more accurately compared to Sproles and for good reason. James = Leon Washington only not as good on special teams. You act like our coaches are morons. If James was all that, he'd be getting guaranteed touches just like that guy in New Orleans. The guy we all want James to be but just honestly isn't. I'm sorry dude but its not even close.

Well gosh, who am I to doubt your obvious expertise. LMJ is the guy this coaching staff sat on all last year, then when their hand was forced, they finally played him, and looky there, he managed to rush for 5 ypg on 38 carries, catch 5 passes for 8 yds per clip, and avg 27.5 yds per kick return. And correct me if I'm wrong, but one of those returns was a 62-yarder that set up the winning TD in a game the 49ers blew a 28-pt lead, and I think he just might have had a nice TD that helped spark the comeback from a 17-0 deficit in the NFCCG.

There might be something behind the scenes we don't know about, maybe has a bad attittude, or HaRo just plain don't like him...I don't know. But to try and state with some air of authority that this kid doesn't have explosive ability is flat out ridiculous.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
3rd best RB and the 4th best back in general on the team but is not a special teams ace. Thus inactive. Instead of twitter b***hing like Brandon Jacobs he should concentrate on making a niche for himself on the team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
3rd best RB and the 4th best back in general on the team but is not a special teams ace. Thus inactive. Instead of twitter b***hing like Brandon Jacobs he should concentrate on making a niche for himself on the team.

i think to his credit he took it down right away and sounds like he and JH had a good talk. jacobs on the other hand did nothing to step back and was just an a*****e, which he continues to be to this day.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i think to his credit he took it down right away and sounds like he and JH had a good talk. jacobs on the other hand did nothing to step back and was just an a*****e, which he continues to be to this day.
Well LMJ was doing the twitter thing last season along with Jacobs so this is not the first time.

Empirical evidence would show he's the best kick returner on this roster...a special teams ace that may not make, but he has definitely brings value to ST.
^^^ THAT is a beautiful screen design. Hunter would have easily scored on that one!
His perfomance is not the reason he's not playing. If you think he somehow lost snaps because of poor play you're not paying attention. The coaches prefer a 2 back system and Gore/Hunter are much more compatible. For the Oline its a seamless transistion between Gore and Hunter.

I like LMJ. I think there are starting snaps in the league for him. Just not here. And someone gets hurt best believe he gets a package and at least 10 snaps.

But Lattimore pretty much sealed the deal if he can perform. Lmj knows this. Twitter chirping isnt a creative way to deal with it though.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

I hate when players post something on Twitter and dont have the balls to stand by it. f**king kids these days. I would be willing to wage not a single erson asked him if he was traded. Maybe a bs sarcastic fan asking on twitter, but thats about it. Im sure at ths point the guy wants to be traded, and i dont blame him, but he needs to grow a pair and stand by his comments or STFU.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Empirical evidence would show he's the best kick returner on this roster...a special teams ace that may not make, but he has definitely brings value to ST.
Sure his 29.7 average is great but he has a small portfolio of work. He also needs to be able to return punts or add more to the coverage units. I think it will happen but it is up to LMJ
Share 49ersWebzone