There are 221 users in the forums

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm pretty sure susweel was trolling for just such a response. Even he could not seriously accuse Alex of being selfish.
yes he could.There are many people inside of susweet
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
hey sus, just wondering...
Originally posted by susweel:
CK will win the starting QB job this year.

because...

1) Alex gets injured, CK out plays JJ
2) CK legitimately outplays Alex and JJ
3) Alex and JJ both get injured, CK wins position by default

I don't know man Im not some kind of psychic

Oh the offseason
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm pretty sure susweel was trolling for just such a response. Even he could not seriously accuse Alex of being selfish.
yes he could.There are many people inside of susweet

Lol
It will be interesting-Josh is more familiar with the NFL, but Kap is more familiar with the system that JH currently employs and the players. I will be rooting for Kaep for obvious reasons-youth, upside.
Colin Johnson
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Kaep. he was chosen by harbaugh.
kaep or josh? ill pick scott.
Looks like Colin Kaepernick is the #2 for now at least.

It'll be interesting to see if he can fend of JJ, ST (I think he will) and see if he plays well enough to force himself onto the field this year.
I think Josh might win out as Colin has awful technique. The way Alex Smith has improved shows a least some qbs can change but many qbs seem to lack that ability and it remains to be seen if Kaepenick can. I wonder if Kaeps limitations might be why Josh was picked up. I highly doubt Josh would have been picked up
if they had similar doubts about Tolzien. Having 2 no two qbs is more of waste of resources as well as one of the guys leaving for greener pastures. An ideal 3 would be a young promising qb not another competitive number 2. At least that is what I would believe especially since Harbaugh insists all four qbs are nfl quality. One other aspect in favor of Tolzien is that he has really good intangibles and I think both Kaep and Johnson lack.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He was one of the worst QB's I've ever seen in the preseason. Running into the RB on handoffs.

Umm hello! This is a rookie who had a week of trainning camp, and a minamal chunk of a complex playbook to Make Sir Isaac Newton Sweat. And your complaining about how he looked in preseason? Alex performed worse than CK7, plus alex has 7years more experience on him. I'm positive Alex will be sitting the pine by week 4.

Umm...hiya, I wanna ask what you are smoking and if you have any for sale because that s**t must be the chronic.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He was one of the worst QB's I've ever seen in the preseason. Running into the RB on handoffs.

Umm hello! This is a rookie who had a week of trainning camp, and a minamal chunk of a complex playbook to Make Sir Isaac Newton Sweat. And your complaining about how he looked in preseason? Alex performed worse than CK7, plus alex has 7years more experience on him. I'm positive Alex will be sitting the pine by week 4.

Umm...hiya, I wanna ask what you are smoking and if you have any for sale because that s**t must be the chronic.
Alex had a lower QB Rating than Colin in the preseason.....Alex was near the bottom of all NFL QBs Starting or backup for preseason.

Alex showed drastic improvement during the regular season....and Colin did his part as well when ever given the chance in the regular season as well. He was accurate against the Bucs when he came in. Colin was a rookie....for him to show improvement after also dealing with that crazy preseason should show that you don't have to be on chronic to see that Colin can also learn from Harbaugh...like Alex has.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Alex had a lower QB Rating than Colin in the preseason.....Alex was near the bottom of all NFL QBs Starting or backup for preseason.

Alex showed drastic improvement during the regular season....and Colin did his part as well when ever given the chance in the regular season as well. He was accurate against the Bucs when he came in. Colin was a rookie....for him to show improvement after also dealing with that crazy preseason should show that you don't have to be on chronic to see that Colin can also learn from Harbaugh...like Alex has.

CK is the hope for the future, will he pan out? Who knows? But barring disaster, there is no way he is starting week four. Someone is really high if they really think that. Colin should continue to improve since we actually have a coach that knows how to, but even with improvement he looked not ready for prime time.

CK is the hope for the future, will he pan out? Who knows? But barring disaster, there is no way he is starting week four. Someone is really high if they really think that. Colin should continue to improve since we actually have a coach that knows how to, but even with improvement he looked not ready for prime time.
my mistake, I missed the part about sitting by week 4....I think we have too much of a talented team for us to struggle enough for the Coach to make a move like that so early in the season.

my mistake, I missed the part about sitting by week 4....I think we have too much of a talented team for us to struggle enough for the Coach to make a move like that so early in the season.

Yeah that is just silliness.
NEVER been a fan of JJ. Since he's on our team I wish him well.

I think Kap will grow and move on up.

Hopefully, there will be ZERO injuries but if Alex goes down I'm confident in Kap the Knife to slice & dice the enemy.
Share 49ersWebzone