49ers at Green Bay on opening day, get max of 5 Prime Time Games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by kray28:
Almost guaranteed loss.

How do you figure?

I am not even impressed with the Packers after they got destroyed by the Giants.

They are playing at home, they will be juiced for this game after that let down last year in the playoffs. I also think we will probably lose that one, not a big deal because its all about how you finish.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
One bad game against the Giants doesn't erase how good the Packers really are. Specifically, they have matchup advantages is just those areas where our D is potentially weak (secondary). Their multi-wide formations force us go nickel and give up one of our linebackers.

Beyond that, the Packers have supernatural home field advantage at Lambeau....

Just being real....we'll be big underdogs.
Originally posted by kray28:
One bad game against the Giants doesn't erase how good the Packers really are. Specifically, they have matchup advantages is just those areas where our D is potentially weak (secondary). Their multi-wide formations force us go nickel and give up one of our linebackers.

Beyond that, the Packers have supernatural home field advantage at Lambeau....

Just being real....we'll be big underdogs.

Good points I think our saving grace against them will be our defense getting the pass rush on and forcing picks. And if you think about it our offense matches up well against their cellar dwelling defense. Probably right though and I don't like that they have homefield advantage. Will suck to start the season off on a low note.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Good points I think our saving grace against them will be our defense getting the pass rush on and forcing picks. And if you think about it our offense matches up well against their cellar dwelling defense. Probably right though and I don't like that they have homefield advantage. Will suck to start the season off on a low note.

i think packer D will go back to 2010 form next year when they were one of the elite D (especially when it came to pass D)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i think packer D will go back to 2010 form next year when they were one of the elite D (especially when it came to pass D)

I hope not..

Honestly I think the Bears are going to be one of our toughest games next year. They blew hard this year but are slipping under the radar and I think they will be a top team next year.
The new San Francisco 49ers: EVERY GAME IS WINNABLE!
Rumor is that the Bears/Niners game is a Monday Night game. This would be huge because instead of a 10 AM local time start, it's a much more reasonable time.

Same thing with the Packers game being 4:15 ET.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Cam Inman: Leaked #49ers schedule info (via Twitter reports) so far: Week 1 at Green Bay Packers, Week 6 vs. NYGiants, Week 11 MNF vs. Chicago Bears
Nevermind, the Bears game is home. Since the last time they played the Bears was a home game, I assumed it was away this time.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Nevermind, the Bears game is home. Since the last time they played the Bears was a home game, I assumed it was away this time.

i hope we dont have too many if any early games though

i hope we dont have too many if any early games though

That Packers game is a good start. Hoping that the Pats and NYJ games are if not primetime than 4:15 ET games.

This is the benefit of actually being a good team. You get better breaks with the schedule.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
That Packers game is a good start. Hoping that the Pats and NYJ games are if not primetime than 4:15 ET games.

This is the benefit of actually being a good team. You get better breaks with the schedule.

hope so

another good thing is packers week 1 and bears week 11 giants week 6

all are good teams and are spread apart
tough teams back to back spell trouble
hope so

another good thing is packers week 1 and bears week 11 giants week 6

all are good teams and are spread apart
tough teams back to back spell trouble

Hopefully the Pats Lions Saints are spread out too... or as much as possible. Jets and Bills are a toss up who knows with them.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jed York: No one has guessed all 5 primetime games yet. Releasing in 15 minutes..... Hint: No #49ers playoff rematches in primetime. FOX must be happy
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Maiocco: Had heard rumblings of MNF game vs. N.Y. Giants. That, obviously, is not the case. But 49ers get max of 5 prime-time games.
Share 49ersWebzone