There are 208 users in the forums

matt miller's player rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by natrone06:
Nice list. The safety rankings are all over the place though. Its interesting because PFF also really struggles when grading safeties. Something about the safety position that messes up their algorithm.

safties are pretty hard to grade though
TE's rankings are crazy with VD not being top 3. I think this guy underestimated vernons blocking completely. How would gronk get and 8.5 in run blocking?
I could of sworn it said Matt MILLEN rankings! Lmao
Originally posted by pelos21:
I could of sworn it said Matt MILLEN rankings! Lmao

dude when making this post i typed matt millen twice lol

but it is matt miller
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Nice list. The safety rankings are all over the place though. Its interesting because PFF also really struggles when grading safeties. Something about the safety position that messes up their algorithm.

safties are pretty hard to grade though

The job he took on was really overwhelming, but I thought the overall result was very good. It is impossible to grade while taking in all the various ways teams use players. The area that he could improve on would be adding NT to the list and mentioning what type of O or D the team used (3/4 or 4/3). Comparing predominantly run oriented teams OLines to pass happy teams makes for very different types of linemen. Teams may use more or less zone D, RBs who are great receivers tend to be rated lower than pure RBs, etc.

There are some players who just flat out play better no matter the scheme...Justin Smith comes to mind. Patrick Willis could play well in any D, as I believe Gore could play in any O.

In the end, rating players is a fools errand but I really enjoy reading these lists and trying to make my own. A futile hobby perhaps, but does while away the hours.
Might be the best unbiased player assessment I have ever seen.

Can't wait to see how he finishes it off.
A really fair assessment. I'm surprised.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
TE's rankings are crazy with VD not being top 3. I think this guy underestimated vernons blocking completely. How would gronk get and 8.5 in run blocking?

I think that's fair, 8.5 is pretty good and Gronk is a good blocker. I would say he underestimates his speed. Any rating that equates the speed of Vernon Davis and Aaron Hernandez is just laughably stupid.
Originally posted by susweel:
stopped reading at bleacherreport

I stopped when I saw Delonte West
Originally posted by dhp318:

I think that's fair, 8.5 is pretty good and Gronk is a good blocker. I would say he underestimates his speed. Any rating that equates the speed of Vernon Davis and Aaron Hernandez is just laughably stupid.

Not sure what Hernandez's speed is but let's be honest most of the time Vernon doesn't play with his 4.38 clocked speed.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Not sure what Hernandez's speed is but let's be honest most of the time Vernon doesn't play with his 4.38 clocked speed.

only reason he is ranked low is because at the beigninng of the year he didnt know the playbook wand was asked to block a lot
I sure do love Delante Walker doe
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Defense is f**king stacked

But our offense has the ghost of Trent Dilfer at QB.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Shaj:

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Shaj:

I'm seeing double!!
Share 49ersWebzone