LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Gregg Williams wanted to seriously injure all our players (audio on first post)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oregonniner:
I think they should make Greg Williams suit up and play quarterback against us.
I would rather see him return punts and kick-offs, more chance for a full speed hit.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I disagree with you man. Winning at all cost is not even true in a war (wars in Afghanistan and Iraq could have been over in a day if that was the case) - and it shouldn't be true on a football field. Sure, people like saying it but it's never the case - at least not for sane people.

This is well said!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM ]
B***h tits deserves and will get a lifetime ban. With the concussion lawsuit hanging over the NFL, I don't see
how he isn't.

I understand the boxing mentality in the NFL. You see a weakness/injury, you go after it. But the ACL thing is sickening.
It's an unwritten rule that you don't take out the knees.
Crabs, if he wants, would have a good chance at winning a civil lawsuit against Williams, the Saints and possibly the NFL.
Williams showed malicious intent to injure and possibly affect his livelihood.

This thing has been going on for 2 years, so I feel the 1-year suspension for Payton is justified. I don't buy the
rogue coach argument.

Niners!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if Williams will face jail time? Soliciting assault? Payment for bodily harm? Being a vicious idiot?

Also wondered if defensive players would defend him, but Sapp came out strong yesterday so I'm happy to see that this is not a league wide practice (unless they're all a bunch of phonies).
Well that speech was uttered in San Francisco, CA of all places. Where's a young DA, looking to make a name for himself/herself, when you need one?
Goodell needs to drop the Big Hammer on this b***h NOW

a one year ban is a light slap on the wrist for a coach that encouraged inflicting bodily harm on the other team, especially OUR TEAM !!!!

a spirited rant to inspire a defense to play together as a unit to stop the offense is one thing ...but telling your players to hit another players head who has concussion issues and to take out the ACL of a WR is straight up disgusting .....and I dont give a s**t if other teams did this in the past ..this b*****d got caught and was encouraging flagrant attacks on players healh and well being ....f**k Gregg Williams ...he's GOTTA GO
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by JayP80Geno:
Hey guys, I've been a frequent visitor to this site and forum for years, believe it or not. Just decided to finally create an account and contribute my two cents. Anyways, I made a video today that I hope you guys will like.

LOL

Hearing the sadness in his voice...the tears...his growing whimmers...BROUGHT ME SHEER JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that was the real greg williams bro...

Oh well.....STILL F-CKIN ENJOYED IT
Yeah...I should have known. I was too good to be true. But I have to admit in retrospect...I DO PICTURE HIM WHINING LIKE A LIL' B-TCH. I mean, don't you guys?

Oh BTW....what do to guys think of Steve Gleason today saying that the audio was released without his approval? Do you think it will impact this situation in any way?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828215cd/article/steve-gleason-i-didnt-ok-the-release-of-gregg-williams-speech
Yeah...I should have known. I was too good to be true. But I have to admit in retrospect...I DO PICTURE HIM WHINING LIKE A LIL' B-TCH. I mean, don't you guys?

Oh BTW....what do to guys think of Steve Gleason today saying that the audio was released without his approval? Do you think it will impact this situation in any way?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828215cd/article/steve-gleason-i-didnt-ok-the-release-of-gregg-williams-speech

Gleeson is just worried about the total access the Saints game him for his documentary. I think Pamphilon did the right thing. Tough choice between the 2 but in the end we are talking about a coach specifically preaching to his team taking out specific injury to specific players. More egregious than lost of confidence in trust between the 3 party. Without this the Saints would still be denying that they ever specifically targets injuries. This confirmed beyond a doubt.

By the way, even Eddie D sometimes give cash to a player for a good hit after the game. But I hope, and I don't think Eddie or Walsh ever specifically told guys BEFORE a game to target specific player and body area for cash -- in another word a bounty. This is what some people failed to realized the difference.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
you know your defense sucks balls when their main focus of stopping Alex Smith is to hurt him.

sooo on point

(not meaning to bash smith, but seriously, thats true)

And the result of that defensive plan was Alex Smith's best game ever as a 49er.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
you know your defense sucks balls when their main focus of stopping Alex Smith is to hurt him.

sooo on point

And the result of that defensive plan was Alex Smith's best game ever as a 49er.

saints probably win the game if gregg williams doubles vernon davis/plays him with a zone, then alex has nowhere to go with the ball

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

sooo on point

saints probably win the game if gregg williams doubles vernon davis/plays him with a zone, then alex has nowhere to go with the ball

If it didn't happened with VD, they still could have tied the game with a field goal to go to over time. Since Ginn was injured, in the end it might come down to Kyle Williams all the same.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by iknoejohnyork:

A is for Awesome.

did this dude ever even play football ?
Originally posted by mtminer:
B***h tits deserves and will get a lifetime ban. With the concussion lawsuit hanging over the NFL, I don't see
how he isn't.

I understand the boxing mentality in the NFL. You see a weakness/injury, you go after it. But the ACL thing is sickening.
It's an unwritten rule that you don't take out the knees.
Crabs, if he wants, would have a good chance at winning a civil lawsuit against Williams, the Saints and possibly the NFL.
Williams showed malicious intent to injure and possibly affect his livelihood.

This thing has been going on for 2 years, so I feel the 1-year suspension for Payton is justified. I don't buy the
rogue coach argument.

Niners!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, because to win any compensation you would have to show that you suffered actual damages. If I threaten to break your leg, I could possibly be criminally charged for making criminal threats, but you wouldn't be able to collect anything from me unless I proceeded to actually break your leg, or at least caused you some harm in attempting to do so.
Originally posted by susweel:
did this dude ever even play football ?

http://www.nfl.com/player/gregwilliams/2528922/profile

Don't know if it's the same guy.
I wish there was an audio of him AFTER the game, crying and whining like a little girl who just had the head ripped off her barbie doll..
Share 49ersWebzone