LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Gregg Williams wanted to seriously injure all our players (audio on first post)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
man thats a trip. i thought Vilma and Gore were buddies. I hope Williams gets the boot!!
Originally posted by JayP80Geno:
Thank you, guys.

that post is great

karma B****es!
does anyone have an actual clip of saints players trying to take crabtrees knees out? turning vd's ankles, hitting gore in the head?
busted with the smoking gun as if one was needed
What about the part where he says I got the first one while rubbing his thumb and finger together in the motion for money?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/49ers-whitner-thinks-williams-actions-were-really-disgusting/

robf2010 says: Apr 5, 2012 5:59 PM "Williams went far outside the bounds of his job."

He surely did. That hit not only knocked Thomas out of the game, it caused him to fumble. Was Whitner in the scrum for the loose ball? No, he was walking toward his sideline with his hands raised in exultation at what he had done. Does it really matter what his intent or motivation was? Could it have been any more clear? Would it have mattered if he pocketed another $100 from his locker room pool? To whom?

This thing has never been about player safety or the integrity of the league. NEVER.

ern215 says: Apr 5, 2012 6:19 PM

would whiffner feel the same way if williams was his d. coordinator?, if he was gettin paid to take someone out.

robf2010 says: Apr 5, 2012 6:26 PM

@marvin49 – The Saints and 49ers had the SAME EXACT INTENT. Hit the opponent as hard as they can. The Saints had a pool. We'll never know if the 49ers had one because no blew a whistle and they were never investigated. The pool is against the rules. They should be punished for that … but only that.

twodat says: Apr 5, 2012 6:26 PM

49ers have a history in 2011 of hurting people Kellen Clemons Tony Romo lots of RB's Should listen to comments by Carlos Rodgers. Full of it

rmc1995 says: Apr 5, 2012 6:31 PM

Williams said to hit Gore in the head. Gore is a running back and it is legal to hit a runner in the head. He told his guys to hit Crabtree in the knees. This is also legal. With high hits on receivers illegal and fined by the league, knee shots seem to be encouraged. Guys playing with injuries do so because the league forces teams disclose these injuries.

pgui88 says: Apr 5, 2012 6:31 PM

This is the last guy who should be talking. He aimed for Pierre Thomas' head. If PT wouldn't have turned at the last minute it would have been an intentional helmet to helmet. But ok.

jackntorres says: Apr 5, 2012 6:48 PM

Oh well Whitner didn't do his damage "intentionally" and that wasn't what he was "paid to do", so he's obviously not guilty of injuring another human being like other NFL players.

jackntorres says: Apr 5, 2012 6:49 PM

BTW I think we know Crabtree indeed wants to be a fake prima donna.

sitbackandwatch says: Apr 5, 2012 6:50 PM

"those are my teammates"….. Is he gonna cry like Terell Owens too?

neovenator250 says: Apr 5, 2012 6:59 PM

For all the talk about the Saints being evil career murderers, everyone seems to not realize that the Saints never caused a serious injury to another player. They did not end a career, they were one of the least penalized teams in the league over the past 3 seasons, and the Giants players came out and said that their coaches told them to do the very same thing. Once again, no one is ripping and bashing the New York Giants. The NFL doesn't seem to be pursuing the new claims from players on different teams that say, "By the way, we had bounties and our coaches told us to knock guys out of game". I mean seriously, the players aren't even coming out as anonymous. Is NO ONE going to even bother looking into this? No. Of course not. They have their scape goat. And now the Saints fans will have to suffer through a load of stuff that they don't deserve from every other fan base pretending to be on some fictional moral high ground. Giants fan on another website was talking about how anyone who ever targets the head should be permanently thrown out of the league. This on the same day that several Giants defenders admitted that their coaches instructed them to do the same thing that Gregg Williams said in the video footage. As soon as I linked him to the article, he immediately changed his mind. How convenient. So when you're out there bashing and ripping and telling everyone you can that the New Orleans Saints are demonic, baby-eating hellspawn who should be lined up and killed by a firing squad, internet tough guys, maybe you can think about the fact that you're lucky that the NFL seemingly has chosen to pin the bounty label on the Saints and the Saints alone. Because tomorrow, or maybe the next day, someone on YOUR favorite team will come out and admit that this same thing happened on their sideline. Their coaches instructed them to aim for the players dealing with injury. You are all lucky that the NFL has chosen not to investigate the many confessions that have come from several members of various teams from around the league. If they did, maybe then you'd realize that the Saints fanbase has done nothing wrong. When its your own team that is on the headline of every tabloid and on the end of everyone's curses, maybe then you'll realize that its natural to be defensive about your own hometown heroes. In no way will I defend Gregg Williams. The man seemingly will be suspended for a long, long time (possibly forever) and deservedly so, based on the evidence suggested. But let's stop pointing the vitriol at those who don't deserve it. Let Saints fans try to recover and move on, rather than tearing open fresh wounds every time you get an opportunity. Next season will certainly be hard enough.

eknirb says: Apr 5, 2012 6:34 PM

I don't ordinarily play this game, but I'm bored, so I'll bite.

You shouldn't find the actions of Gregg Williams repulsive, you should be thanking him on bended knee. If he doesn't call the stupidest defensive calls in the history of football with a minute to go in the divisional playoff game, you don't win that game. And as for playing the Saints next year, its going to be a VERY different story. The 49′ers will be in the Superdome. Alex Smith won't even put up 21 points. Not only will the Saints destroy the 49′ers, but the fans in the stadium will actually avoid spitting on the visiting fans and their daughters, which is something that the folks at Candlestick were unable to accomplish.

stropcityram says: Apr 5, 2012 7:15 PM

everyone acts surprised that this was going on. i mean some people get caught for speeding and some dont. but dont act like it isnt happening..WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!

jackers252 says: Apr 5, 2012 7:21 PM

The Saints didn't have anyone carted off in SF. SF had a Saints player carted off.

Saints players are dirty and mean.

SF players are celebrated.

Player safety, yeah, you guys are a bunch of hypocrites. Period.

jason1980 says: Apr 5, 2012 7:55 PM

Get over it folks, and get used to seeing the Saints kick butt this season. Delude yourselves if you wanna, the Saints are coming to get ya, NFL!!!

sloppydogg says: Apr 5, 2012 8:26 PM

Hmmmm so this is what the Goodell and the rest of you are doing, cut off the Saints head and the body will die. Just not happening ya heard.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/49ers-whitner-thinks-williams-actions-were-really-disgusting/

Quote:
robf2010 says: Apr 5, 2012 5:59 PM "Williams went far outside the bounds of his job."

He surely did. That hit not only knocked Thomas out of the game, it caused him to fumble. Was Whitner in the scrum for the loose ball? No, he was walking toward his sideline with his hands raised in exultation at what he had done. Does it really matter what his intent or motivation was? Could it have been any more clear? Would it have mattered if he pocketed another $100 from his locker room pool? To whom?

This thing has never been about player safety or the integrity of the league. NEVER.

would whiffner feel the same way if williams was his d. coordinator?, if he was gettin paid to take someone out.

@marvin49 – The Saints and 49ers had the SAME EXACT INTENT. Hit the opponent as hard as they can. The Saints had a pool. We'll never know if the 49ers had one because no blew a whistle and they were never investigated. The pool is against the rules. They should be punished for that … but only that.

49ers have a history in 2011 of hurting people Kellen Clemons Tony Romo lots of RB's Should listen to comments by Carlos Rodgers. Full of it

Williams said to hit Gore in the head. Gore is a running back and it is legal to hit a runner in the head. He told his guys to hit Crabtree in the knees. This is also legal. With high hits on receivers illegal and fined by the league, knee shots seem to be encouraged. Guys playing with injuries do so because the league forces teams disclose these injuries.

This is the last guy who should be talking. He aimed for Pierre Thomas' head. If PT wouldn't have turned at the last minute it would have been an intentional helmet to helmet. But ok.

Oh well Whitner didn't do his damage "intentionally" and that wasn't what he was "paid to do", so he's obviously not guilty of injuring another human being like other NFL players.

For all the talk about the Saints being evil career murderers, everyone seems to not realize that the Saints never caused a serious injury to another player. They did not end a career, they were one of the least penalized teams in the league over the past 3 seasons, and the Giants players came out and said that their coaches told them to do the very same thing. Once again, no one is ripping and bashing the New York Giants. The NFL doesn't seem to be pursuing the new claims from players on different teams that say, "By the way, we had bounties and our coaches told us to knock guys out of game". I mean seriously, the players aren't even coming out as anonymous. Is NO ONE going to even bother looking into this? No. Of course not. They have their scape goat. And now the Saints fans will have to suffer through a load of stuff that they don't deserve from every other fan base pretending to be on some fictional moral high ground. Giants fan on another website was talking about how anyone who ever targets the head should be permanently thrown out of the league. This on the same day that several Giants defenders admitted that their coaches instructed them to do the same thing that Gregg Williams said in the video footage. As soon as I linked him to the article, he immediately changed his mind. How convenient. So when you're out there bashing and ripping and telling everyone you can that the New Orleans Saints are demonic, baby-eating hellspawn who should be lined up and killed by a firing squad, internet tough guys, maybe you can think about the fact that you're lucky that the NFL seemingly has chosen to pin the bounty label on the Saints and the Saints alone. Because tomorrow, or maybe the next day, someone on YOUR favorite team will come out and admit that this same thing happened on their sideline. Their coaches instructed them to aim for the players dealing with injury. You are all lucky that the NFL has chosen not to investigate the many confessions that have come from several members of various teams from around the league. If they did, maybe then you'd realize that the Saints fanbase has done nothing wrong. When its your own team that is on the headline of every tabloid and on the end of everyone's curses, maybe then you'll realize that its natural to be defensive about your own hometown heroes. In no way will I defend Gregg Williams. The man seemingly will be suspended for a long, long time (possibly forever) and deservedly so, based on the evidence suggested. But let's stop pointing the vitriol at those who don't deserve it. Let Saints fans try to recover and move on, rather than tearing open fresh wounds every time you get an opportunity. Next season will certainly be hard enough.

You shouldn't find the actions of Gregg Williams repulsive, you should be thanking him on bended knee. If he doesn't call the stupidest defensive calls in the history of football with a minute to go in the divisional playoff game, you don't win that game. And as for playing the Saints next year, its going to be a VERY different story. The 49′ers will be in the Superdome. Alex Smith won't even put up 21 points. Not only will the Saints destroy the 49′ers, but the fans in the stadium will actually avoid spitting on the visiting fans and their daughters, which is something that the folks at Candlestick were unable to accomplish.

everyone acts surprised that this was going on. i mean some people get caught for speeding and some dont. but dont act like it isnt happening..WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Saints didn't have anyone carted off in SF. SF had a Saints player carted off.

Get over it folks, and get used to seeing the Saints kick butt this season. Delude yourselves if you wanna, the Saints are coming to get ya, NFL!!!

Hmmmm so this is what the Goodell and the rest of you are doing, cut off the Saints head and the body will die. Just not happening ya heard.

This is why I don't go to other teams' fan sites. I can barely stomach some of the Homerism here, but there's no way I'd be able to handle this nonsense.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Greg Williams is a punk. He will always be a punk, I hope he never is employed in the NFL again

He won't. No team could ever hire him.
the way i see it, the laws of karma were in full effect in that game...as serious as this scandal is, its pretty damn hilarious the way it all unfolded for the Taints..Gore doesnt go side ways but instead averages over 6 yards a carry...Alex and Vernon cost Greg Williams his job, even before the scandal (LOL)....the only one whose head was 'taken out' was the Saints RB

Hahah in a way im so glad we played the Saints when Williams was their D coordinator..he tried to get a SOFT defense to play like OURS, HAHA...I am thankful that he chose to be sick and, from a football standpoint, INEPT as a game-caller, and put Vernon 1-on-1 all game..

one thing i wonder is whether these kind of practices of intentionally injuring players is more common among teams with s**tty defenses , which is becoming the norm in today's pass happy/crappy league....the 49ers 2011 defense should become an instructional tape for the rest of the league, on how to play (F)YSICAL FOOTBALL CLEANLY...goldson and whitner's hits last year on williams and thomas, respectively, make me so proud of our authentically vicious, talented, and clean defense.

Gire's head ain't never be dead.
I still love that the guy with the concussions sprung alex for the bootleg.

The niners gave them all the answers to there questions, they just werent the ones the saints were hoping to hear.
you know your defense sucks balls when their main focus of stopping Alex Smith is to hurt him.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I still love that the guy with the concussions sprung alex for the bootleg.

The niners gave them all the answers to there questions, they just werent the ones the saints were hoping to hear.

Such an overrated block lol
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

It's tough to keep my cool on PFT. Tons of Alex, Harbaugh, and now Whitner bashing. Glad to see that the majority of them are on our side with this one though.
Share 49ersWebzone