LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Kilgore a little light in the a$$?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've seen the guy listed at 305 lbs. Is anyone else concerned that he is a little light to play RG in the NFL? I realize Bobb McKittrick worked magic with light guys but he's long gone and the NFL is different now. I can see 305 at C but G? Please "weigh" in (pun intended).
He was an LT in college and probably will be more effective in pass block than run blocking. But honestly, pass blocking is where we need help, especially from the the right side.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Apr 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
It will be very interesting to see this play out.

305 seems too light. Maybe he put on some weight over the off season?

I'm rooting foe the guy. He sure played with some firs during last year's pre-season.
If he can do his job it doesn't matter what he weighs...

He's actually 308, but he's strong and very athletic. Entered the draft with a lot of upside and starter potential once coached up for a year, two at the most. Kilgore is a gifted pass protector, that's where he holds up the best. His main developmental needs were in run blocking.

He looked very good in the pre-season, we'll see how he does this year.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

i thought he played LT in college but the highlights they show in this clip have him playing at RG. so its cool to see he has experience playing different positions on the oline. makes me less worried about his future prognosis
If he turns out to be anything close to decent-- Adam Synder level -- that would be one helluva draft for Baalke. Not sure Walsh would have done any better. Would be interesting to see how this guy play.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

that vid does nothing for me. He gets pushed around easily.
I'll fix that for him

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

That's how you pass block. You can't stop guys dead in their tracks. You lock them up, slow them down, and ride them.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's how you pass block. You can't stop guys dead in their tracks. You lock them up, slow them down, and ride them.
stunting DL and LB would have a field day.
If he turns out to be anything close to decent-- Adam Synder level -- that would be one helluva draft for Baalke. Not sure Walsh would have done any better. Would be interesting to see how this guy play.

Snyder was serviceable but compared to the chilo avg linemen can look like probowlers. Baalke made the Kilgore pick, I'm optimistic. #believeinharbaalke!

Is it wrong that I want to touch myself after reading that?
When we're talking about 300+ pound men.....a little
Share 49ersWebzone