LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh Yeah ..Jacobs, Sopoaga and Miller in the backfield ..with Boone and Davis at TE's

Cant wait to see the jumbo sets for short yardage
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i agree. its a good signing. gives the team flexibility.

and as the coach himself said, another tool in the toolbox
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by okdkid:
In absolutely no way does signing a 29 year old running back to a 1 year deal stop us from drafting a RB. First round or otherwise.

Jacobs, like Moss, is not a lock to even make this team.
nor is trash from the former regime like dixon

If Randy moss wasnt a lock to make this team, i think you would see more WR's on our roster than just Crabs/Ginn/Williams/Manningham we have the draft still, but We already lost Morga we arent going to make the same mistake as last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
He woulda gotten us the 2 yards on 2 tries to seal the NFC Championship game. No doubt in my mind. He may even able to punch it in better than Gore from short yardage too.
thus it never would have come down to kyle williams but that is a whole other story
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hate it. Going on record saying I do not like the move

I kinda feel the same way.

I wanted us to draft a RB.

In absolutely no way does signing a 29 year old running back to a 1 year deal stop us from drafting a RB. First round or otherwise.

If it were this signing alone, but if you factor in Gore, Hunter and now the Jacobs signing, drafting a 1st round RB is definitely a luxury that this team (on the verge of a Super Bowl run) might not be able to afford. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but it's not likely (IMO) unless Trent Richardson falls to #30.

Gore and Jacobs may not be on this roster next offseason. Heck, Jacobs may not be on this roster this September.

We have zero long term solutions for a 3-down back. And there is no need to paint ourselves into a corner next draft when we will desperately need one, and pray somebody good falls to us. Not an envious position for a run-first team.

If a legit 3-down option is available to us in the draft, we will take him.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Garbage....but it just means we're waiting until next year to draft our RB of the future.....I can dig it.
ahhhh, the infamous word that has been used so much to describe so many niner free agent signings ,, walt harris, carlos rogers justin smith, it seems to me the people that we have gotten rid of over the last couple of years, many of whom never did anything wherever they landed next was the garbage. i think that will continue to be the case this off season, we are taking out the trash of the former regime, that trash will never produce at a high level and we will be the better team for it.if i am wrong and spencer, morgan and whoever else we get rid of end up all pro and go to the super bowl i will admit i was wrong.. but i am not going to be wrong

David Bass...lol..carry on..
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

nor is trash from the former regime like dixon

If Randy moss wasnt a lock to make this team, i think you would see more WR's on our roster than just Crabs/Ginn/Williams/Manningham we have the draft still, but We already lost Morga we arent going to make the same mistake as last year

we will probably draft two WRs. the only locks at WR right now, IMO, are Crabs and Manningham. Moss, Ginn, Williams will compete with 2 rookies and all the other practice squad guys for 3, maybe 4 spots.
Gore and Jacobs may not be on this roster next offseason. Heck, Jacobs may not be on this roster this September.

We have zero long term solutions for a 3-down back. And there is no need to paint ourselves into a corner next draft when we will desperately need one, and pray somebody good falls to us. Not an envious position for a run-first team.

If a legit 3-down option is available to us in the draft, we will take him.

bet you we won't
Eric Branch Also In Football
Tiki Barber on 95.7 The Game on Brandon Jacobs with #49ers: "This is a good thing for him … to get into a system that focuses on running the ball first. That's something that he's been clamoring for the last three years."

Eric Branch Also In Football
More Tiki Barber on Brandon Jacobs: "If you get him on your side, so to say, he'll run through a wall for you." #49ers
Good signing for depth.
He and Cartwright can replace Dixon as a short-yardage/special teams option.
This doesn't necessarily mean we won't try to draft Gore's replacement in the draft... it just means we can go best-player-available in the draft.

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Jacobs: Let's bounce out this b***h bro.
Manningham: Word. I hear Frisco's tight doe.

Lmao!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

I think that is a very real possibility.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The only thing I do not like about this move is the mouth that comes with Jacobs.

I think that this will be a Missouri Contract--- a Show Me contract.

Rathman: Jacobs, Dixon Listen Up. We need a short yardage back. Don't talk about, Don't tweet about it--Show Me !!!!

Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch
#Giants DE Justin Tuck on Brandon Jacobs during 2011 season: "When that guy is motivated to play, he's tough, man." #49ers
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
IMO this in an upgrade.

Jacobs > Dixon

This. Don't know what everyone is crying about.

Atleast this dude can pick up the blitz.

I think people are worried that we won't draft a RB now and we have to go with someone who is on the decline.

That is a good point, but, if there is a good RB prospect at a good spot in the draft, we will surely draft him.

If the rookie works out, we can cut Jacobs and Dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone