LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 119 users in the forums

QB Josh Johnson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Originally posted by susweel:
If they get rid of Tolzien this team can go to hell.

Goodbye Tolzien

IIRC, Tolzien is PS eligible.

You're right. I'm fine w/ that
Originally posted by NickV:
OVER OR UNDER 30 PAGES??

Before midnight, or total?
There will be some serious competition for the backup QB job
Good signing. I dont think Tolzien is anything special, and Josh Johnson is familiar with the offense.
wow, if Tolzien wasn't motivated to compete with Kaep for the backup role...I hope this gets him even more pumped up.

I haven't seen alot of Johnson or Tolzien...but the small footage I've seen out of both of them, I'd rather have Tolzien around to develop.

but its funny that they waited to get Alex signed and the contract done first before making this move. Because like some said already, this gives them insurance if they want not have Alex on the roster for 2013 and save 8 mil. I don't know if Alex would've wanted to return if he knew they were going to sign Johnson to a 2 year contract as well.

either way, for all we know Johnson might not even make the team.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I find it funny how so many guys on this board hate competition.

Smith needs to be pushed.

Kaep needs to be pushed.

Tolzein needs to be pushed.

The only way to push people is to have real competition. If they crumple in the face of competition then they don't deserve to be in the league. If Tolzein isn't good enough to beat out Josh Johnson, then bye bye. Nothing is given in this league, everything is taken.

Good post.

I agree.

Goodbye Tolzien

Actually goodbye Alex
At least we will have great camp arms now.

Kaep needs to be pushed.

The only way to push people is to have real competition. If they crumple in the face of competition then they don't deserve to be in the league. If Tolzein isn't good enough to beat out Josh Johnson, then bye bye. Nothing is given in this league, everything is taken.

Good post.

just look at the nyj and sanchez how ever since his rookie yr they never had a legit back up to push him until now with tebow.
Competition, I love it! I am a big Josh Johnson fan.

Kaep needs to be pushed.

Agreed. That is why I like this move. Let these guys compete and earn their spots
I'm happy we brought him in. A veteran backup with NFL experience who has played under Harbaugh. Nothing wrong with adding depth

Goodbye Tolzien

IIRC, Tolzien is PS eligible.

You're right. I'm fine w/ that

not me...lol..... if I were Denver, I'd snatch him up dammit.
i'll take him as a back up 4 sure. the people that were saying a few days ago b4 alex re signed he should come and and be a starter are still crazy
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm happy we brought him in. A veteran backup with NFL experience who has played under Harbaugh. Nothing wrong with adding depth

Share 49ersWebzone