LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

QB Josh Johnson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Didn't know they was cousins.

Yes sir, everyone in the football world around the bay knows that these boys are cousins.
They were beast dating back to their pop warner days.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Yes sir, everyone in the football world around the bay knows that these boys are cousins.

thanks for the knowledge.
Look at this;

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/seahawks-lynch-and-buccaneers-johnson-start-youth-foundation/

Damn . . . and I really though I was part of the Bay Area football world.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Look at this;

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/seahawks-lynch-and-buccaneers-johnson-start-youth-foundation/

"We've been able to touch kids at certain times," Lynch says. "Like Thanksgiving, giving away turkeys, and Christmas, giving away toys, and at our summer camp.

Look at this;

"We've been able to touch kids at certain times," Lynch says. "Like Thanksgiving, giving away turkeys, and Christmas, giving away toys, and at our summer camp.

lynch and johnson came to my HS 2 years ago said high to them

theyre relative was on the basketball team
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 5280High:
First, Jim aint taking just "anybody" and putting them into his system, he is taking NFL quality talent and putting it in his system. So the thinking is if you give Jim H. a QB with a good arm, good brains, good motivation and work ethic, he can coach that player up to be successful within the system by ironing out mistakes and improving on technique. What happens after the snap all depends on the individual. But what Harbaugh has shown every where he's gone is that he can put a player in the best position to succeed after the snap. That's the fans mantra, and until Jim find a QB he cant coach up... so far it's just the truth.

Correct. He's looking for specific things. It's not just "I can take any QB". He is looking for specific things (and he's not letting on what they are). He's coached JJ and he thinks he at least has enough of them to bring him in and give him a shot.

/debate
i've thot about this all day, and yes, somebody is going to be odd man out. Heck, maybe even josh. But i still fail to understand this deal unless JJ is just head and shoulders better than Kap or Tolz. I just don't quite understand this move. Granted, I don't doubt the call made by B&H, because with few exceptions, those guys have been golden. If he is better than either of our backups, super. I don't really know any of the 3 all that well, so that must be the case. Coach doesn't make that many bad choices, Braylon being the one exception. IF that is Coach's record for trades and drafting, then anything any of us says is basically baseless. Coach H knows the game. He got fooled(as did we all ) with braylon. This pick will be interesting to see how it plays out and who else is involved. I still think someone has contacted us about either Kap or Tolz in exchange for a move up in draft...but , obviously i'm just guessing.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Damn, guys... what is this, dog pile on Marv day? WTF?

Josh Johnson could be good, he could be bad... we'll just have to wait and see.

Marvin makes a solid point, though. I don't care what the kid did with Tampa. Different team, different players, different coaches.

It makes sense to think that perhaps returning to the coaching staff that made him the only player to ever be drafted from his college would improve his chances of succeeding at the NFL level.

This isn't a "Harbaugh can make any QB good" argument, either. If Harbaugh thought that, we wouldn't have signed Alex Smith to a deal that gives the team a hefty cap hit this season, let alone gone after Manning. We would have just let Alex go and started Kaepernick. Harbaugh wanted Johnson because he thinks he's a better option than the other QBs that are available and can add something to the team. It's not hard to see the logic there.

Stop thinking you know better than Harbaugh does. You're just setting yourself up to look foolish later. Did you learn nothing from last season? How many people laughed when Harbaugh said this team could win with Alex Smith at QB? I don't care about your opinion of Alex Smith, the fact is that the 49ers did win.

Harbaugh > You

Deal with it.
What is so hard to understand about this move? Harbaugh wanted to bring in a QB that he's worked with and believes can be a quality back or starter. They gave Smith another "prove it" contract. If Smith doesn't show improvement this year he will be gone and then it will be Kaep and JJ. One of the two will be the 2nd string back up, when/if Smith is released. If Smith isn't released, Kaep is probably trade bate and JJ is the back up. This is the most likely scenerio.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 23, 2012 at 5:31 PM ]

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
What is so hard to understand about this move? Harbaugh wanted to bring in a QB that he's worked with and believes can be a quality back or starter. They gave Smith another "prove it" contract. If Smith doesn't show improvement this year he will be gone and then it will be Kaep and JJ. One of the two will be the 2nd string back up, when/if Smith is released. If Smith isn't released, Kaep is probably trade bate and JJ is the back up. This is the most likely scenerio.

You, sir, have earned the magical gold star of logic:

Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tell it to me in Star Wars: Josh Johnson is Luke Skywalker. He began his training under Yoda (Harbaugh). Now he wants to complete it.

Ummmmmmmmm... didn't Yoda DIE when Luke returned to finish his training?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
It's apparent you guys don't know anything about football. What makes you think tolzein is so good? Cause he beat our 4th stringer scrubs in the last preseason game? Gtfoh! Tolzein is garbage. Josh Johnson is way more athletic and has a better arm as well as more accurate. You really gonna hold it against JJ that he was on a wack bucs team with no receivers, running backs, o line? Gimme a break. Get off Tolzeins nuts!

Ease up bro. Tone down the insults to whoever you are talking about. People are allowed to have opinions. Some people are clearly happy with the JJ signing.

I'm allowed to have an opinion too. And for the record, I'll tone down the insults when I ACTUALLY insult someone.

Just ban him, Rubber! Do it!

Shut your keyboard!
The 2 year contract is telling. The front office has been offering 1 year contracts to most free agents. Alex has to perform this year or he is gone.

This might make us better now but CK is going to miss out on a lot of development and snaps. How many highly drafted and traded up to get 2nd year QB's play a 3rd string role on a team? 2nd round picks should have every opportunity to develop or should be traded for whatever value they have. Unfortunately based on the Taylor Mays deal, I have a good idea what that is. Sad to see that there is no confidence in CK. This shows panic and a big swing and miss in last year's draft. Something I hope Balkee does not continue to do.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Matt Barrows ‏ @mattbarrows Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Tell it to me in Star Wars: Josh Johnson is Luke Skywalker. He began his training under Yoda (Harbaugh). Now he wants to complete it.

Ummmmmmmmm... didn't Yoda DIE when Luke returned to finish his training?

Wow, geek fail. Luke didn't begin his training with Yoda... he began with Obi-wan.
Share 49ersWebzone