There are 271 users in the forums

Where does 49ers/Saints game rank all-time (excluding Super Bowls)?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers:
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I would say that the Young to T.O against green bay is up there with it, but i wasn't on the edge of my seat like i was at this game. An unproven scrutinized quarterback leads 2 80+ yard drives, and outduels one of the greatest qb's to play the game i have to say this game is #1

The end of that game was amazing and definitely had me on the edge of my seat. But before the final drive the niners played like crap and got lucky calls.

Saints game was amazing.

That lucky call on the Rice's fumble was on par with the Giants RB's fumble in the Championship game last year.

After Brees threw that miraculous TD, I thought that it was the 49ers' fate to blow that game, just like they blew the game against the same team in 2010. How wrong I was.
1:37 left at the 15yd line. 85 yds to go for the second time. I was resigned to a loss. We blew our first playoff game after being losers for years...

A couple of dump offs by Smith. Yeah that's what they were giving up. That's how they started to pull me out of my abyss. Smith to VD
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Giants game > Saints Game

You can't be serious

for me it was

it was the 2nd biggest comeback in NFL playoff history

saints game was a rollercoaster ride

That game, we got our ass beat and then we came back to win
Get back to me in five years' time, but for now I'm sticking with the '81 NFC Championship game. It was the great unknown.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Giants game > Saints Game

You can't be serious

for me it was

it was the 2nd biggest comeback in NFL playoff history

saints game was a rollercoaster ride

That game, we got our ass beat and then we came back to win
He probably thought the Giants game this year after we beat the Saints lol.
1. Vs. Saints 2012

2. Vs. Cowboys 1981

3. Vs. Packers 2998'

4. Vs. Giants 2002'
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
1. Vs. Saints 2012

2. Vs. Cowboys 1981

3. Vs. Packers 2998'

4. Vs. Giants 2002'

Damn. I'm sure I'm gonna miss this one
At first I thought the 2002 game vs Giants was the best but the way it ended...so controversial and all...I dunno.

This game vs the Saints was just epic. I was totally deflated after that Brees to Graham TD at the end. Thought it was over. Then our offense puts on the best drive of the last 10 years. It was just epic. We won. We won clean and we beat a team that no one thought we could beat. Add that we had a season no one thought we could have and it makes it that much better. It really was the best Niner game I've seen...ever. Not necessarily just the game itself but all the feelings behind it. We sucked for so long and we finally arrived. It was awesome.

But yeah...like Sus said...would have been 10000x better if we won the SB.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
To me the greatest Game I ever seen since I was there and the energy was crazy and my first playoff game ever live. Not to mention the score changing so much last 4 minutes every football fan at work said greatest game they seen.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
At first I thought the 2002 game vs Giants was the best but the way it ended...so controversial and all...I dunno.

This game vs the Saints was just epic. I was totally deflated after that Brees to Graham TD at the end. Thought it was over. Then our offense puts on the best drive of the last 10 years. It was just epic. We won. We won clean and we beat a team that no one thought we could beat. Add that we had a season no one thought we could have and it makes it that much better. It really was the best Niner game I've seen...ever. Not necessarily just the game itself but all the feelings behind it. We sucked for so long and we finally arrived. It was awesome.

But yeah...like Sus said...would have been 10000x better if we won the SB.

Well I do rank it the best game that I have ever seen in person. I took my son and it was first game, after the game I told him son Im sorry because all future games you will go to will pale in comparison.

Definitely ranks top three. I think for me it was the greatest, Because after a decade of being bottom feeders in those last minutes of the game we became signifigant again. I f**king cried after we won that game. It was the first time i ever cried watching a niners game, and i have been watching the niners for about 20 years.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Definitely ranks top three. I think for me it was the greatest, Because after a decade of being bottom feeders in those last minutes of the game we became signifigant again. I f**king cried after we won that game. It was the first time i ever cried watching a niners game, and i have been watching the niners for about 20 years.

This. Exactly we sucked for so many years I was a kid in 98 against the packers. So after the 2002 Giants game we were a laughing stock and that 2011 season we got NO love all year long and even against the Saints we were not picked to win. It was all about Brees and the Saints offense and cant they be stop etc etc. Not only did we stop them the first half and forced TO but we OUTSCORED Drew Brees. Alex Smith did what no one could do all year and that was outscore the saints. Greatest drive I have ever seen.
Best game I have ever been to! After the final td they showed my section on tv, I look like I'm about to have a heart attack! .
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Get back to me in five years' time, but for now I'm sticking with the '81 NFC Championship game. It was the great unknown.

81 49ers vs Dallas was the very best game ever, but the the 49ers vs Drew Brees Saints was a very close 2nd. The 81 game wins because it was by 1 point and it got us into the Super Bowl and you can't beat that. The Saints Game was a true classic and I have never seen a playoff game that had Both Teams TE have epic games. It might be the best game I have ever seen that 2 TE's from both teams had. It will be hard to find a playoff game that has TE's play any better.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I would have been up there if we'd gone on to win the Superbowl. Since we didn't, it falls into the same category as our previous playoff win in 2003 (beat Giants 39-38).

Sucks...but it's true.
Share 49ersWebzone