There are 197 users in the forums

Where does 49ers/Saints game rank all-time (excluding Super Bowls)?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if this is a thread already, so all apologies if it is. With a lull in free agency (outside of the great news that Ginn is back) and about a month until draft day, I'm clearly bored.

Simply put, where does 49ers/Saints Divisional game rank all-time for you in 49ers history?

You can put it within the context of regular season or playoff games, I just excluded Super Bowls because it's tough to get any better than the top of the mountain. For me, it's ranks as the best. Partially because of how much pain I'd endured over the previous 9 seasons; partially because I had the honor of being at Candlestick for it; mostly because it was an unfathomable finish and a fitting return to postseason glory.
I remember John Madden saying that's the best game he's ever watched.......
I think it is the best game excluding Superbowls and I've seen all our playoffs games from the early 80s forward.
the best iv'e ever seen.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
The Saints/Niners game was the best I've ever seen without a doubt. The '98 wildcard game vs. Green Bay is my favorite win as a fan though because of the rivalry we had brewing with the Packers. It's tough to top seeing Favre with a blank stare and Reggie White upset on the sidelines knowing this is his last game .
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It ranks pretty high but it would have been higher if we won the super bowl this year.
yup
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
the best iv'e ever seen.
Originally posted by susweel:
It ranks pretty high but it would have been higher if we won the super bowl this year.

I agree but taking that out of the equation, it was a hell of a game and everything you wanted out of their first playoff game in almost a decade.

I think it'll always sting that we didn't win the Super Bowl this year. I truly feel we were the best team and that it was "our" year. It had all the makings. Damn KW.
the best iv'e ever seen.

Def the best I've ever been to.
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Mar 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM ]

one of the 49ers

49ers were the only team in nfl history that has had 2 80 +comeback drives for go ahead points in final 3 min in nfl history
Saints allowed 49ers to do that
Best I've seen, albeit I'm a younger
Right up there with Young to TO 'The Catch 2' game. And I'm not talking about just the last second TD catch, but the whole game. Very similar back and forth scoring. I don't ever remember embarrassing myself screaming so hard -- twice. If you think The Catch 2 game was legendary, then Alex Smith and VD was a good part of a legendary game themselves.
Best ever and I was there.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
the best iv'e ever seen.

Def the best I've ever been to.

Absolutely. There was such good vibe in that place, even well before the game. Everyone was confident.
Share 49ersWebzone