LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Ted Ginn re-signed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Bye Bye Kyle Williams
cwilson says you are wrong and i think will agree with him cuz he has more filled red boxes (plus i think he is right to )

Obviously red boxes is where it's at
Originally posted by verb1der:
Nice to nice to know ya, let's do it a Ginn!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I think I'm the only other person here who gets this
This is a big piece of the pie. Maybe Kyle Williams gets cut now and we draft a WR and TE in the draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
I know 9ers Nation is still pissed off at Kyle, but before the last game of the season he was showing Desean Jackson type of big play ability. BELIEVE ME! After that game I wanted to hunt him down with hounds, but Ive forgiven him. If we didnt go 1-13 on 3rd downs, the game never comes down to basically a 1st year player who suffered head trama a month earlier. Im glad the team backed him instead of throwing him under the bus like the Jets seems to do every week. "We win as a team, we lose as a team" is all they said. I think that loss is gonna fuel the fire not only for the 9ers, but for Kyle. I think he steps up big time this year and repays the love the team gave him.

GO 9ERS!!!
Understanding that had we converted some third downs and had we not tried a reverse in the rain with bad results would make the whole kyle williams thing a moot point makes you wise beyond your posts my son
Originally posted by Disp:
One of the leagues best Defenses all back = check
One of the leagues best ST units all back = check

COME ON O!!! THIS SEASON IS ON YOU!!!!!!

Minus Costanzo. Real happy to have Ginn back, just wish it was a multi year contract.

I hear ya Disp, me too. I think the 9ers are trying to get away from the 1 trick ponies like Blake. They want players who can play not only on ST, but O or D. I think Ginn's game changing ability may be an exception. I think that's also the reason hes back for 1 year. Its good for him so he can try to find a new team next year and good for us incase a youngster like Cox steps up, or we draft a good return man ( Ryan Broyles??? )

After all these Terry Donahue years of bafoonery, god damn it feels good to have real football people steering the ship.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Obviously red boxes is where it's at

if you want to play the game here you need to get those boxes filled
I still think we draft a receiver or two to push KW .. AND to provide us some friggin' insurance if we have injuries like last year when we had no back-up plan.. (or well, not much of one, with Swain and Hastings).

Moss - Crabtree - Manningham - Ginn - Williams. Fine with me. But get a 6th receiver who is capable of starting once Moss and Ginn's one year deals are up.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
This is a big piece of the pie. Maybe Kyle Williams gets cut now and we draft a WR and TE in the draft.
he will not get cut and we will still get a wr and te in the draft. i predict fleener in the first, mcnutt in the second. But back to topic ginn probably found out that the money was probably the same with all of the teams he visited for a person who can only do one thing very very well and he figured we will be the best chance he will ever have to get a ring or at least have long term sucess, imo
I know 9ers Nation is still pissed off at Kyle, but before the last game of the season he was showing Desean Jackson type of big play ability. BELIEVE ME! After that game I wanted to hunt him down with hounds, but Ive forgiven him. If we didnt go 1-13 on 3rd downs, the game never comes down to basically a 1st year player who suffered head trama a month earlier. Im glad the team backed him instead of throwing him under the bus like the Jets seems to do every week. "We win as a team, we lose as a team" is all they said. I think that loss is gonna fuel the fire not only for the 9ers, but for Kyle. I think he steps up big time this year and repays the love the team gave him.

GO 9ERS!!!
Understanding that had we converted some third downs and had we not tried a reverse in the rain with bad results would make the whole kyle williams thing a moot point makes you wise beyond your posts my son
haha...thank you Ccioyoda! lol

Im short on posts, but long in years that Ive loved my 9ers! Cant wait to see what the FO does next month in the draft!

WELCOME BACK TEDDY!!

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
do you guys think if we get a nice rookie in the draft like a mcnutt(since we no longer need a return man) that kyle williams will be in trouble? This has nothing,, nothing to do with the nfl title game,, just based on numbers and quality of wide outs.

Williams is going to make the team, no doubt.

Not only is Williams a good receiver, he is a good return man too. Harbaalke is smart enough to understand that one game does not decide how a good a player is.

hahahaha the last time he ever touched the ball in college, he fumbled a punt return and the arch rival arizona won 20-17. sounds familiar????
So far our scorecard:

Re-Signings:

QB Alex Smith- 3yr/$24M, $9M guaranteed
WR/RS Ted Ginn Jr.- 1yr/Terms unknown
DE Will Tukuafu- 2yr/$1.02M
OLB Ahmad Brooks- 6yr/$37M, $7.5M Signing bonus, up to $10M more guaranteed with certain roster and incentives
ILB Tavares Gooden- 1yr/$700K
CB Carlos Rogers- 4yt/$29.3M
CB Tramaine Brock- 1yr/$540K
SS C.J. Spillman- 3yr/$4.2M

Additions:

RB Rock Cartwright- 1yr/$950K
WR Randy Moss- 1yr/$2.5M
WR Maro Manningham- 2yr/Terms unknown
CB Perrish Cox- 2yr/$1.02M
LS Ryan Pontbriand- 1yr/$826K

Lost:

WR Joshua Morgan
OG Adam Snyder
ILB Blake Costanzo

Unsigned:

FB Moran Norris
WR Brett Swain
TE Justin Peelle
OG Chilo Rachal
ILB Larry Grant (RFA Tendered)
FS Dashon Goldson (Franchised)
FS Madieu Williams
SS Reggie Smith
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
haha...thank you Ccioyoda! lol

Im short on posts, but long in years that Ive loved my 9ers! Cant wait to see what the FO does next month in the draft!
if you would have told me last year at this time , that one year later all we would need is a RG(which of course is huge) and some depth here and there, i would not have believed you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
hahahaha the last time he ever touched the ball in college, he fumbled a punt return and the arch rival arizona won 20-17. sounds familiar????
You are a good poster but i do not connect the dots the way you do. the only way williams gets cut is if he gets outplayed in camp and practice by other guys and it will have nothing to do with the giants game.
Share 49ersWebzone