LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Good Read by Ray Ratto. 49ers QB is the Worst Job in America

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What if Ray Ratto is actually skinny IRL and just gets made up everyday in a fatsuit to draw attention to his articles and opinions? Ever think of that?
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
What if Ray Ratto is actually skinny IRL and just gets made up everyday in a fatsuit to draw attention to his articles and opinions? Ever think of that?

lol
As fans we were spoiled with the likes of Montana, Young, and even Garcia. Most of the fans even today still hate Smith, even though he delivered a playoff victory and return to greatness. I love this game and the team as much as the next fan, but to hate a player that is trying to play his heart out is cold. We are not talking about the a spoiled player that hasn't paid his due, we have had a few of those, we are talking about a player that has it hard since day one. Different coord., coaches that didn't believe in him, a fan base that wish for failure rather then success, and everythinng else. Alexcuses??? Nope, the fact is the guy has had it worse then an QB I can think of and to top it off he sticks it out and comes back for more. I'm glad he got more money, he deserves it. Stop with the talk about him being an average to below QB, I would take him over most of the NFC QB. I said most, not all, so calm down.

Love him or hate him, the guy has balls of steel and thick ass skin to put up with our fanbase. I bet hard money if we went to Super Bowl and won last year or any year to come fans will still find reasons to not like him. The pressure must be tough, but that is why you get paid the big bucks.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This means one thing, and one thing only. 49er fans hate their quarterbacks – even when they profess to love them. This hatred comes out in so many insidious ways that Alex Smith's dilemmas are not unique in this town. And the media members, pandering single-minded hyenas they are, yap constantly on the subject no matter the time of year or situation, to the point where we hate ourselves.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

This is a lesson Colin Kaepernick should be absorbing as fast as his fevered brain can absorb it. He may become the starter at some point, and if Comrade Maiocco is correct that day could come sooner rather than later, but he won't enjoy the experience.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
Drinking the Ratto Kool-aid?
It is possible that this team can win a SB despite having Alex at QB. So, yes I would expect the front office to pursue other FA QB's next off season or hope that CK takes what Alex has been given for much too long.
the way that oinker looks i'm sure he has had about the same number of chances to have sex as to flip his boss the bird... hookers
Ray hasn't done my job before, but if he did I am sure he would rank it below being an NFL QB for any team. But I know Ray is always firmly tongue in cheek with his articles.
I would say "Difficult" not "Worst"

I mean seriously, getting paid millions of dollars to play sports should NEVER be depicted as something negative.

But what else should I expect from Ray A$$hole.
Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This means one thing, and one thing only. 49er fans hate their quarterbacks – even when they profess to love them. This hatred comes out in so many insidious ways that Alex Smith's dilemmas are not unique in this town. And the media members, pandering single-minded hyenas they are, yap constantly on the subject no matter the time of year or situation, to the point where we hate ourselves.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

This is a lesson Colin Kaepernick should be absorbing as fast as his fevered brain can absorb it. He may become the starter at some point, and if Comrade Maiocco is correct that day could come sooner rather than later, but he won't enjoy the experience.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
Drinking the Ratto Kool-aid?

He simply quoted the article.
Meh. It is like this for any QB on any team that didn't just win the superbowl. Eli is a perfect example.

I don't completely agree with Ratto but he does bring up some good points.

In general we're critical of the QB when he's the QB but after he leaves and the next guy comes around than the previous guy was awesome and we harken back to the good ole days.

In terms of Smith he's has plenty of justified criticism but I can't recall a QB so micro analyzed and criticized for everything wrong. It's like every play that's not a completion or a perfect pass is scrutinized and almost made to sound like no other QBs ever misses a pass, throws perfect deep balls, never gets sacked, never checks down, always leads a drive for a TD, and etc. We say "Look at his W/L ratio it's horrible" but when we got 13-3 it's "It wasn't him it was our defense"

That's not to defend Smith because his performance still has a lot left to be desired but I can see Ratto's point that it absolutely has to be miserable being the QB right now for the 49ers.
Ray Ratto= Worst sports columnist in america...i turn off the tv when he comes on Csn Bay Area
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
I don't completely agree with Ratto but he does bring up some good points.

In general we're critical of the QB when he's the QB but after he leaves and the next guy comes around than the previous guy was awesome and we harken back to the good ole days.

In terms of Smith he's has plenty of justified criticism but I can't recall a QB so micro analyzed and criticized for everything wrong. It's like every play that's not a completion or a perfect pass is scrutinized and almost made to sound like no other QBs ever misses a pass, throws perfect deep balls, never gets sacked, never checks down, always leads a drive for a TD, and etc. We say "Look at his W/L ratio it's horrible" but when we got 13-3 it's "It wasn't him it was our defense"

That's not to defend Smith because his performance still has a lot left to be desired but I can see Ratto's point that it absolutely has to be miserable being the QB right now for the 49ers.

Mabey. But I heard a lot more about a player named tebow last year than anyone else. Very good and very bad talk.
If the SD Chargers were the 49ers, Philip Rivers would be run out of town by now, IMO. First the team let Brees go in favor of Rivers, and Brees went on to win a SB while Rivers kept failing in the playoffs. Just imagine.
Originally posted by fastforward:
If the SD Chargers were the 49ers, Philip Rivers would be run out of town by now, IMO. First the team let Brees go in favor of Rivers, and Brees went on to win a SB while Rivers kept failing in the playoffs. Just imagine.

No he didn't. SD had quite a bit of bad luck in the playoffs...some where injuries and some were crazy dumb turnovers.
Share 49ersWebzone