There are 256 users in the forums

Good Read by Ray Ratto. 49ers QB is the Worst Job in America

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow. A Ratto piece that I actually somewhat agree with. Who'da thunk it?

Goo goo ga joob.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ray Ratto = No Read

no kidding. i hate this guy. all that extra weight he's got seems like it saps life from his brain.

BUT, i wouldn't want to be the niners QB!
There's no such thing as a "Good read by Ray Ratto." Ratto is a f**king idiot.
Originally posted by zozell:
lol I like the whole pity aspect for Alex... I agree with alot of it... I was surprised too because Ratto is usually a douche... I think he hit the nail on the head with this one.

So unless he's making excuses for Alex, he's a douche? Weak.

This article would be better if he realized that the DEFENSE, not Alex Smith, got the Niners to 13-3 and the NFCC game. Smith did his part, but without that defense, Alex didn't even come close to doing enough to carry the team to that outcome.

If he did do enough and truly was the main reason they did so well, but still got no respect from the fans, then this article would make more sense.

Shouldn't read, lol
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
So unless he's making excuses for Alex, he's a douche? Weak.

This article would be better if he realized that the DEFENSE, not Alex Smith, got the Niners to 13-3 and the NFCC game. Smith did his part, but without that defense, Alex didn't even come close to doing enough to carry the team to that outcome.

If he did do enough and truly was the main reason they did so well, but still got no respect from the fans, then this article would make more sense.

Shouldn't read, lol

Yes, the defense gave up 2 touchdowns in the final 4 minutes to the Saints and then single-handedly scored 2 touchdowns to win the game..........please go.

Smith came up with one of the most clutch playoff performances in recent memory, he made marked improvements throughout the season and led the team to several comeback victories but you're proving Ratto's exact point....its never enough. He could have won the Super Bowl and people would still say "oh......we can do better."

meh.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM ]
Read it. Liked it! One never knows, does one.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes, the defense gave up 2 touchdowns in the final 4 minutes to the Saints and then single-handedly scored 2 touchdowns to win the game..........please go.

Smith came up with one of the most clutch playoff performances in recent memory, he made marked improvements throughout the season and led the team to several comeback victories but you're proving Ratto's exact point....its never enough. He could have won the Super Bowl and people would still say "oh......we can do better."

meh.

We can do better its a fact. Is it that hard to admit that there are better QBs out there?
some writers make me sad for America, literary speaking
Originally posted by DirtyP:
We can do better its a fact. Is it that hard to admit that there are better QBs out there?

They can do better at just about every single position on the field but ILB and Justin Smith. What's your point? A team could always do better but when a fanbase acts so schizo as to throw out random junk like Josh Johnson, Garrard or old, broken down guys like Hasselbeck as possible improvements over a guy who ranked in the Top 10 of quarterbacks last season, that's not a desire to do better, that's a sign of mental illness.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:41 AM ]
Awful article. He's says we hate our QB's because we want to win! basically no good QB = no wins! We actually LOVE our QB's and every other player when they PERFORM! Alex hasn't performed like we think a first round pick that got SOOOOO much money should. If he plays great this year people will love him, of he sucks they will hate him. Thats sports in general! I don't live in the Bay but it seems Ray Ratto has a hard-on for the 9ers for some reason??

The game isn't rigged and Smith can come out as a winner. Win a Super Bowl and he'll get that monkey off his back. It worked for Young, it'll work for Smith too. Granted, winning a Super Bowl isn't exactly easy, and it's perfectly fair to point out that it's a very high hurdle. But while Smith has the legacies of Montana and Young on his back, I don't think that's much in the way of added weight when you consider the burden of expectations faced by every QB in every city throughout the league. Moreover, Smith finally has the kind of team that has a realistic shot at pulling it off. If Smith had said, "take this job and shove it," as Ratto suggests, at best he would've been back at square one rather than being within reaching distance of his--and every other NFL QB's--ultimate target: the Super Bowl. Does Ratto really expect us to believe that the burden for winning Super Bowls is any less in other NFL cities? Frankly, I think he's off his rocker because that really is the upshot of his thesis.

Last, what's so novel about his thesis, anyway? I stay away from the Alex Smith thread like it's the plague, but haven't we be having this discussion for years now?
Great article. Satire by my boy Ratto.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ray Ratto = No Read

Ray Ratto=man tits
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
A little exaggerated but def some truth to it. We are NEVER pleased. I've said this before...I don't think I've EVER seen a 49er player dissected, analyzed, and/or criticized more than Alex Smith. From his "post snap arch" to his god damn "bent knee," and even at one point, his "sideline demeanor"...it can get ridiculous.

BUT...to be fair...I've also never seen a QB get this many "chances" since Terry Bradshaw. I think the 49ers did the right thing though. Last year was Alex's last chance and he made it happen. Hopefully we pick up where we left off and forget about all the "chances" and bad times.

What about his noodle arm and Mr. Tumas goatee?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
There's no such thing as a "Good read by Ray Ratto." Ratto is a f**king idiot.
Agreed. He discussed the 49er quarterback tree without mentioning Y.A. Tittle the first of 3 Hall of Fame quarterbacks to play here. With most people Montana followed by Young spoiled everyone. Ratto acts like the high standards came from nowhere. He needs to go have another box of doughnuts.
Share 49ersWebzone