LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Good Read by Ray Ratto. 49ers QB is the Worst Job in America

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America

Great little piece here. I love how he breaks down all the QB history of the spoiled 49ers fans and lists each example perfectly...
Ray Ratto = Maddog??
Ray Ratto = No Read
Originally posted by 5280High:
lol I like the whole pity aspect for Alex... I agree with alot of it... I was surprised too because Ratto is usually a douche... I think he hit the nail on the head with this one.
never gonna read lol
first thing he ever did I somewhat agree with
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why, expectations??
Drew Brees 657 Pass attempts 5.4k yards
Alex Smith 445 Pass Attempts 3.1k yards

we were 31st in passing ATTEMPTS and people wonder why our passing yards was in the high 20's in the league.... if alex wouldve passed as much as drew brees this last year he wouldve been at something a little over 4.5K+Yards and 25+Td's and thats in a 1st year offense brand new coaching scheme, and Swain/Crabs/Williams as our WR's...
This means one thing, and one thing only. 49er fans hate their quarterbacks – even when they profess to love them. This hatred comes out in so many insidious ways that Alex Smith's dilemmas are not unique in this town. And the media members, pandering single-minded hyenas they are, yap constantly on the subject no matter the time of year or situation, to the point where we hate ourselves.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

This is a lesson Colin Kaepernick should be absorbing as fast as his fevered brain can absorb it. He may become the starter at some point, and if Comrade Maiocco is correct that day could come sooner rather than later, but he won't enjoy the experience.Read more: Being the 49ers quarterback is one of worst jobs in America Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Great article. Quite humorous.
I dislike the stacheRatt, I almost lost interest at the sex part but he wrote an interesting piece. He makes a solid point but debatable.
I see where he's coming from, but I think the part about Montana is a bit of a reach. He's really the one that made it hell for everyone else moving forward.
I don't always agree with Ratto, but his writing style is very entertaining. I think he hit this one on the head. Alex Smith - a servicable QB - who just can't win because he won't ever be the "other guy" and thus won't ever be good enough (unless he wins a ring or two)).
A little exaggerated but def some truth to it. We are NEVER pleased. I've said this before...I don't think I've EVER seen a 49er player dissected, analyzed, and/or criticized more than Alex Smith. From his "post snap arch" to his god damn "bent knee," and even at one point, his "sideline demeanor"...it can get ridiculous.

BUT...to be fair...I've also never seen a QB get this many "chances" since Terry Bradshaw. I think the 49ers did the right thing though. Last year was Alex's last chance and he made it happen. Hopefully we pick up where we left off and forget about all the "chances" and bad times.
Share 49ersWebzone