There are 288 users in the forums

Top 4 WR in NFL history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You must mean top 4 in numbers, because after Jerry Rice, there are a few other receivers that can be argued to be 2nd-4th best.
DYLAN
DYLAN
DYLAN and
DYLAN
do u mean top 4 for wrs u have seen play?
Originally posted by valrod33:
DYLAN
DYLAN
DYLAN and
DYLAN

There have sure been a number of great receivers.

Top 4 in NFL history - guess you have to go to the stats and era. I say era becuse of rule changes over time tthat benefit receivers of today.

JRice will always be the best. But tthere are some guys who were great but didn't get the stats.

Paul Warfield - Dolphins was atruely a great receiver.
David Boston
Iheanyi Uwaezuoke
J.J. Stokes
Mike Wilson
Mike Sherrard
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You must mean top 4 in numbers, because after Jerry Rice, there are a few other receivers that can be argued to be 2nd-4th best.

You could argue for Cris Carter, Tim Brown, and Marvin Harrison, bur imo the 4 I listed are 1-4. Have people already forgot how dominant Isaac Bruce was in his prime?
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Rashaun Woods
Sanjay Beach
Brandon Jones
Swain

Wtf. Are you trolling?

How is Brett Swain not better than Brandon Jones? And how the hell is Brandon Williams not in your Top 5?
1.Otis Amey
2.??????
3.Profit

1. Arnez Battle
2. J.J. Stokes
3. Tai Streets
4. Justin Swift
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Randy Moss
Michael Crabtree
Mario Manningham
Kyle Williams

Just add TO to that list and we are set.
Originally posted by Niners99:
If Randy Moss is able to stay focused this year, and produces the way we know he can, he could be our first 1,000+ yard WR since Owens in 03. If he can manage to reach 1,077 yds this year, he will also leapfrog Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce, and Terrell Owens for 2nd all-time in rec. yards. With just 1 TD, he will also break his tie with Owens for 2nd all time in rec. TD's.

I bring this up because if you look at the top 4 WR in NFL history; Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, and Isaac Bruce are arguably the top 4. Its just cool that all 4 of them have worn the Niner uniform at some point.

Im glad our contract with Moss is risk free, but I really hope it works out for us. If Harbaugh can keep him focused and motivated all season, he could be one of the biggest steals of the f/a class.

There is no way that Owens and Bruce are in the Top 4. Rice is the GOAT. Moss has been the best since Rice. But I can name quite a few WRs that I'd take on the all-time list over Owens and Bruce. Hell, Bruce wasn't even the best WR on his own team - Holt was insane.
did he just say isaac bruce as a top 4 wr of all time. funniest thing i've read all week.
1. Jerry
2. Lee
3. Rice
4. 80
Share 49ersWebzone