LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

What is the 49ers plan for the OL and protecting Alex Smith going forward?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We will sign Schwartz. Book it.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
We will sign Schwartz. Book it.

I'm thinking so but he just said awesome visit with the Vikings and they can offer more money. But like I said favorite team, grew up in LA so close to home, chance at SB. Guess we will find out if he wants that or money. I just hope we can sign him before he leaves but he might be looking to visit the Chiefs yet and not make up his mind until he visits everyone.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Personally, I think Boone is better than Staley and Davis.

Based on what?
Originally posted by Squidp:
Based on what?

Wow someone must have a high football IQ to determine someone who we've hardly seen play is better than our All Pro and Pro Bowl starter
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Based on what?

Wow someone must have a high football IQ to determine someone who we've hardly seen play is better than our All Pro and Pro Bowl starter

Well Boone comes in on the jumbo formations and he played for Staley against the Cardinals when Staley was injured. I thought he performed very well, in fact I thought he had an easier time versus Dockett than Staley did. Staley sometimes will completely whiff blocks. I must admit my analysis is off of limited playing time, but I just think Boone has looked really solid when he's in the game, and have never seen him get beat like Staley or Davis have.

The front office must think something of him as well since they signed him to a 4 year extension.
I am curious...is Anthony Davis playing the same side of the line as we did in college or did we put him on the other side last year to meet our needs?
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I am curious...is Anthony Davis playing the same side of the line as we did in college or did we put him on the other side last year to meet our needs?

Wiki... info (he played both)
In his initial year at Rutgers, Davis played in all 13 games on the year. He was named starting right guard for the sixth game of the season and started the final eight games of the 2007 season. He earned First-team Freshman All-American honors by the Football Writers Association of America,[3] The Sporting News and Rivals.com, and Second-team All-American laurels from Scout.com.

Davis was moved to left tackle before the 2008 season, and started 12 games at that position. He was named to the Second-team All-Big East by the league's head coaches and a First-team All-Big East honoree by the media.

In 2009 Davis was First-team All-Big East and Second-team All-America.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Wiki... info (he played both)
In his initial year at Rutgers, Davis played in all 13 games on the year. He was named starting right guard for the sixth game of the season and started the final eight games of the 2007 season. He earned First-team Freshman All-American honors by the Football Writers Association of America,[3] The Sporting News and Rivals.com, and Second-team All-American laurels from Scout.com.

Davis was moved to left tackle before the 2008 season, and started 12 games at that position. He was named to the Second-team All-Big East by the league's head coaches and a First-team All-Big East honoree by the media.

In 2009 Davis was First-team All-Big East and Second-team All-America.

Thank you very much for that very diligent response. Which side in 2009...did wiki not cover it? Ir did he switch it up? Heck, I guess I could just look it up mahself too hahahaha. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by 9erempire:
Keep AD there till he starts to give up sacks.

He had a breakout last year.

This.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Boone-Iupati-Goodwin-Davis-Staley = Super Bowl

Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
Keep AD there till he starts to give up sacks.

He had a breakout last year.

This.

Who gave up the most sacks as a 49er in 2011?

Besides the Smither for not knowing what to do with the ball and not keeping his eyes scanning down-field?
Davis is still super young and is consistently improving. We should keep him at RT.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Based on what?

Well Boone comes in on the jumbo formations and he played for Staley against the Cardinals when Staley was injured. I thought he performed very well, in fact I thought he had an easier time versus Dockett than Staley did. Staley sometimes will completely whiff blocks. I must admit my analysis is off of limited playing time, but I just think Boone has looked really solid when he's in the game, and have never seen him get beat like Staley or Davis have.

The front office must think something of him as well since they signed him to a 4 year extension.

This. Boone is a franchise LT. We have an absolute gem and he will end up being our bookend LT of the future.
Originally posted by Furlow:
This. Boone is a franchise LT. We have an absolute gem and he will end up being our bookend LT of the future.

Wow. Talk about over-evaluating our players.

Boone is a backup at best.
Thank you very much for that very diligent response. Which side in 2009...did wiki not cover it? Ir did he switch it up? Heck, I guess I could just look it up mahself too hahahaha. Go Niners!!

I knew he played LT and thought RT as well so I just looked it up. It sounds like he was LT from then on after that 1st year. If you were getting at the fact that we should move Anthony to LT to be more comfortable in his natural position I would disagree. He struggles vs speed and most of the time these guys going against the LT are the speed guys. He doesn't struggle against power in which the right side guys usually aren't as quick and are bigger. I guess it can be both though.
Share 49ersWebzone