LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
dont say that... It could be a lot worse than last year
is it not a positive that this year we do not have to run all over the country, short weeks east coast trips. i thought someone like peter king said the niners were really given the short end of the stick by the nfl and its amazing they did as well as they did with that traveling all over the damn place. That part of the upcoming season is not as bad as last year right??
http://podcast.957thegame.com/kbwf5/3382316.mp3

Interview on the game earlier today, love this guy, he has a lot of love for his new fanbase.
alex needs to be working with his recievers this summer
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:

Lets hope all his receivers turn up and work with him before the season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
http://podcast.957thegame.com/kbwf5/3382316.mp3

Interview on the game earlier today, love this guy, he has a lot of love for his new fanbase.

I think he was starting to get annoyed with all the Peyton questions. Also wtf kind of question is "did you come to san francisco to see the culture, like bisashi's(might've butchered the spelling on that) and stuff"? I mean what is he supposed to say "Yes I came to San Francisco from New York so I could go down to fisherman's warf every morning!"? I mean he obviously just wanted to come here because he's looking for an increased role/more catches on a good team that has a chance to win a title. Some of the questions they asked him were kind of facepalm worthy. Aside from that stuff good interview and he sounds like he wants to be here. I'm glad we signed him.
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:

hopefully crabtree will attend this year
How much ham would a Manning ham if a Manningham hammed?
Manningham's base salaries:

2012- $1.2M
2013- $3.6M

total base value of $4.8M.

No word on bonus money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hopefully crabtree will attend this year

i think that is the bottom line people are not looking at. i have always said that crabtree better show more of a team attitude in the off season than what he has in past years. i bet you that the coaches are saying the exact same thing that 126 just said. if he does not i would not roll out the shock and awe campaign if they trade him.I think that is a huge thing to keep your eye on
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

2012- $1.2M
2013- $3.6M

No word on bonus money.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
How much ham would a Manning ham if a Manningham hammed?

I hammed.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

2012- $1.2M
2013- $3.6M

No word on bonus money.

2012- $1.2M
2013- $3.6M

No word on bonus money.

Wow, thanks for that AB. Much lower than I would have thought. I wonder if Redskins went after Vincent Jackson if TB give Manningham a 30 milllion dollar deal? Remember how it was rumored early on he was going there. Definitely could have changed things when Redskins got hit with the penalty and they went after Garcon instead of Jackson.

This means with the 8.63-Ginn and johnson at say 2.5 equaling around 6ish and 4 for rookies we should be good to go with Manning only at 1.2 unless he has some bonuses in there. Means we are right around the 4 mark
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
49ers got WR Mario Manningham on a two-year deal for quite a bit less than what Redskins paid Josh Morgan. http://bit.ly/GSrI92

Newly signed wide receiver Mario Manningham will account $2.487 million on the 49ers' 2012 salary cap, a league source told CSNBayArea.com on Friday.

The 49ers and Manningham agreed to a two-year, $7.375 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus and another $2.45 million in salary guarantees, the source said.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]

2012- $1.2M
2013- $3.6M

No word on bonus money.

"What a bargain! What a bargain for me!"

Seriously though. That's a great deal. Show's he's highly motivated over the next couple of years to prove he's a #1 or #2 and wants to be paid in his next contract, not this one and that playing time right now is more important.
Share 49ersWebzone