There are 194 users in the forums

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Who else does Condon work for....Manning

He could of played both sides on this rather easily. Alex isn't getting the phone calls, Condon is. Agents work teams over all the time, this is nothing new.

This isn't news to Smith. He didn't just find this out. And Alex didn't just find out that he was offered 3 years at 24mil after the fact. That's not the way it works.

Is Alex ever to blame for anything? You can't tell me that he doesn't know what his own agent is up to or what deals are on the table. All he had to do was say yes.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Why do you think he may be looking for another agent. This is there job, that's what they get paid to do.

And Condon did his job as far as I'm concerned. He got Alex a fair deal. If he thought he could get more then he was severely mistaken, but Alex gave the go ahead to push for more.

There's no defending Smith on this. He done goofed.

Just stop talking.

How could you possibly know this? For all you know Condon was telling Alex to hold off because Condon thought he could get a better deal.

You have zero clue what was going on, just like the rest of us.
Originally posted by 1982niners4life:
LET ME PUT IT TO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS YOUR DATING AN AVERAGE GIRL FOR SEVEN YEARS, THE RELATIONSHIP HAS HAD ITS GOOD TIMES ITS BAD TIMES BUT NOW SHE WANTS A COMMITMENT SHE WANTS YOU FOR LIFE SHE WANTS THAT BIG DIAMOND RING . SO YOUR THINKING BOUT IT ,THINKIN THINGS HAVE BEEN GREAT BETWEEN US THE LAST YEAR AND HALF I CAN SEE MY SELF GIVING HER WHAT SHE WANTS.BUT THEN OUT OF NO WHERE YOUR DREAM GIRL COMES ALONG SHE STARTS FLIRTING WITH YOU GIVING LITTLE HINTS HERE AND THERE THAT SHE MIGHT WANT TO BE WITH YOU . SO YOU ALL TELLIN ME THAT YOU GUYS WOULDNT AT LEAST TAKE A SHOT AT YOUR DREAM GIRL AND STICK IT OUT WITH YOUR AVERAGE GIRL . I DONT KNOW BOUT YOU ALL BUT ID BE JUMPIN ALL OVER JESSICA ALBA OVER MY AVERAGE CUTE GIRL JUST LIKE THE NINERS ARE JUMPIN FOR A HALL OF FAME QB OVER A AVERAGE QB. HEY IF THINGS DONT WORK OUT WITH ME AND JESSICA THERES A MILLION MORE AVERAGE WOMEN OUT THERE I CAN FOOL AROUND WITH BUT HAVING A SHOT WITH A GIRL THATS ONE IN A MILLION I MAY NEVER GET THAT SHOT AGAIN

Yeah but there's one problem with your analogy. Peyton Manning isn't Jessica Alba, he's more like Demi Moore. So now the choice is between the cute average girl and an older woman who while still attractive, has got a lot of mileage on her.

• Jiks
Why do you think he may be looking for another agent. This is there job, that's what they get paid to do.

And Condon did his job as far as I'm concerned. He got Alex a fair deal. If he thought he could get more then he was severely mistaken, but Alex gave the go ahead to push for more.

That's complete speculation. Why would Alex fire him if this was the case? What's his motive behind "possibly" looking for another agent?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Just stop talking.

How could you possibly know this? For all you know Condon was telling Alex to hold off because Condon thought he could get a better deal.

well all we know is that over a week ago alex was offered 3 yr 24 mil and never signed it

Just stop talking.

why would Condon or any other agent tell Alex to hold off? NO OTHER TEAM wanted Alex Smith or even had another offer for ALEX. That would make ZERO SENSE. He should have signed that deal ASAP. How would holding out get Alex Smith a better deal? No team wanted him for 1 year.
Originally posted by taney71:
I dont' see a reason why the dynasty can't start with Smith.

Right on, as much as I respect Alex and all of his efforts, sacrifices, and his humble personality. When you have an opportunity to get a hall of fame qb, you have to at least try to get him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
And you know Condon wasn't telling him to wait?

The agent works for the player not the other way around. Condon didn't "tell" him to do anything. He suggested. He convinced him. Smith is a big boy, he can decide for himself what's best. Condon doesn't "demand" or force Smith do anything he doesn't want to do. Unless you think Alex lacks free will. Then I don't know what to tell you.

You're letting your anti-Alex bias get the best of you.

Any player, and that includes the immortal Peyton Manning, will follow the advice of their agent without fail. That is what they pay them to do.

If Alex thought Condon had his best interests at heart, then he would listen to Condon no matter what. If Condon abused the trust of his own client simply to further along another client, Condon will have huge issues to deal with going forward.

This is not a "big boy pants" situation. This is a problem of trust. Please distinguish from now on.

This is the biggest load of sh*t I've read thus far. My "Anit-Alex bias"? Is this real life? You've got a lot of nerve accusing anyone of bias, my friend. You should read your own posts once in a while.

Feel free to ignore my posts from now on because I'll be doing the same to you. I have no interest in arguing with someone who is free and loose with terms like "Anti-Alex", "Alex-Haterz" or whatever childish name you came up with this week.
[ Edited by GhostofJimmyDean on Mar 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM ]
  • Jiks
Smith told CBS5's Kim Coyle that reports he demanded a five-year contract are "completely false." In fact, Smith said he's happy with the three-year contract the 49ers offered, and that he's close to signing it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/alex-smith-says-hes-happy-with-49ers-offer-close-to-signing/

So what about Smith wanting more money? Keep making up your stories.
Smith told CBS5's Kim Coyle that reports he demanded a five-year contract are "completely false." In fact, Smith said he's happy with the three-year contract the 49ers offered, and that he's close to signing it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/alex-smith-says-hes-happy-with-49ers-offer-close-to-signing/

report is 5 days old and he never signed

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah but there's one problem with your analogy. Peyton Manning isn't Jessica Alba, he's more like Demi Moore. So now the choice is between the cute average girl and an older woman who while still attractive, has got a lot of mileage on her.

TRUE TRUE BUT DEMI IS ONE HOT COUGAR

So Smith turned down the offer...because he wanted less money? What exactly are you trying to say?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Just stop talking.

well all we know is that over a week ago alex was offered 3 yr 24 mil and never signed it

Yup. Everything else is just conjecture and wild guesses.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

So Smith turned down the offer...because he wanted less money? What exactly are you trying to say?

Condon knew this could come up. Other agents had commented as much and told NFL network that the agent
representing both parties should be complete, upfront and honest about the situation whether its LB's, WR's, QB's or whatever.
If Condon wasn't upfront with Alex that The 49ers were looking into Manning, then he might might have a gripe. The bottom
line is the 49ers are gonna do what's best for the 49ers. And if that doesn't include Alex Smith, so be it.
Share 49ersWebzone