There are 300 users in the forums

49ers Resign Carlos Rogers to a 4 Year Deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Funny sh*%
They are kind of winning at FA again. LOL. Baalke and Harbaugh own the league. Get Rogers for a discount price. Don't overpay for Vincent Jackson and the massive salary cap hit. Sign Randy Moss on a small deal.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I want this D to go down of one of the greats of all time.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are kind of winning at FA again. LOL. Baalke and Harbaugh own the league. Get Rogers for a discount price. Don't overpay for Vincent Jackson and the massive salary cap hit. Sign Randy Moss on a small deal.

Plus they didn't let Brooks sniff F/A.

Great day in Ninerland.

We are making a serious push for the super bowl. Shivers dowm me spine@
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Still can't believe Morgan got 12 mil for 2 yrs. That's messed up. Freak'n Redskins. I like Morgan and wished him the best.

Redskins went total retard.
and you know, for all the concerns about his age, we don't know what his longevity is. For all we know he could play well until he's 34 like Walt Harris, or he could be the next Darrel Green and play until he's 42.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Still can't believe Morgan got 12 mil for 2 yrs. That's messed up. Freak'n Redskins. I like Morgan and wished him the best.

You sound surprised. This is what they do year after year.

....and year after year it fails
its hilarious to me though that after all the hand-wringing, re-signing Rogers has made everyone totally euphoric. at this time last year the same event--a bunch of hand-wringing followed by signing Rogers--met with universal despair. lol.
Rodgers 7.3M per 3yrs > Finnegan 50M per 5yrs.

Pretty crazy how many of our guys we got back. It started off slow... remember basically Spillman early on, then Brooks. Did a good job getting back most of the 12 or so guys worth re-signing although we aren't done yet.

^Agreed, amazing how we went from end of the World with Rogers signing to top of the world with Rogers signing all in 1 year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM ]
Great move to bring Rogers back. Plus we didnt have to over spend for him, its a win win situation. Im guessing the team will be just as hungry as last year, maybe even more seeing how close they came to the SuperBowl.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You sound surprised. This is what they do year after year.

....and year after year it fails

I am surprised... a little. Didn't think they stayed that stupid for so long. It screwed up the market value of players, that's what I hate them for the most.
YES. Might have to get his jersey now...
Share 49ersWebzone