LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cools
  • Veteran
We are pretty deep at CB, I think Brock is pretty good too
and since Baalke pulled so many gems out of lasts years draft, good chance Holcomb may be another one

I doubt we draft a CB, we wont carry more then 5 or 6, Carlos, Culliver, Cox, Brown, Brock and Holcomb, even Nelms has some upside
as noted above, one of these guys will probably be getting trained to backup Goldson at FS, I'll guess its Culliver
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
and since Baalke pulled so many gems out of lasts years draft, good chance Holcomb may be another one

I doubt we draft a CB, we wont carry more then 5 or 6, Carlos, Culliver, Cox, Brown, Brock and Holcomb, even Nelms has some upside
as noted above, one of these guys will probably be getting trained to backup Goldson at FS, I'll guess its Culliver

No guarantee that Cox, Brock or Holcomb are on the roster after camp. So, if the value is there...we could very well take a CB in the draft.
Originally posted by okdkid:

No guarantee that Cox, Brock or Holcomb are on the roster after camp. So, if the value is there...we could very well take a CB in the draft.

Holcomb could be put on the PS
Cox is probably our returner.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Cox is probably our returner.

He may contribute more at a skill position. But it's hard to imagine him being a better returner than Ginn. Few are.

i like Brock but i agree, if theres a good value corner in the draft when were picking in one of the rounds you take him. you can never have too many good corners and you should be trying to upgrade every position at all times
He may contribute more at a skill position. But it's hard to imagine him being a better returner than Ginn. Few are.
But if cox can contribute something else the value is there.
2Yds per KR, and .5YD per PR is not a huge deal if the lesser returner is useful elswyre(lol)
This might be the surprise talent FA pick up for the team. He's a talented CB, dropped in the draft because of low 40 time 4.58. Then the assault charge. If he stays clean and work to put in good effort, Vic Fangio and his coaches can turn him into a very good one for us. Would be interesting to see.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Ball skills: Check

Speed: Check

Dude would make a good saftey as well.

My Guess would be that if Cox can show he can play, Cully may spend some time learning the safety position as a backup for Goldson possibly leaving next year.
So with the recent string of events I highly doubt Ginn comes back

So doe's anyone know if this cat can return kicks and punts?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
So with the recent string of events I highly doubt Ginn comes back

So doe's anyone know if this cat can return kicks and punts?

He did both great in college, which was only 3 years ago (2009).
With the signing of Manningham, bringing back Ginn may be tougher, you guys think Cox can be our PR next year?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
With the signing of Manningham, bringing back Ginn may be tougher, you guys think Cox can be our PR next year?

Can he be? Sure. But I really hope not.

I'm hoping Ginn doesn't find any suitable jobs for a WR and returns to be our KR/PR. He's also be deadly as a #4 or 5 with Peyton.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Ball skills: Check

Speed: Check

Dude would make a good saftey as well.

My Guess would be that if Cox can show he can play, Cully may spend some time learning the safety position as a backup for Goldson possibly leaving next year.
They signed Spillman, and aren't they pretty high on Cory Nelms, off the PS at safety?
Does anybody think this might be a bad idea?

Off 2 get me some some crab legs and shrimp from hooters, gotta hav it -#fb

https://twitter.com/#!/pcox16/status/182561350311088128

Share 49ersWebzone