LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OMFG hahahaha, we literally just signed Brotha Lynch Hung to the f**king squad!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So one quitter and now a rapist.

I hope this works out.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I like it. I was hoping we'd draft him this is even better
[quotex=captain_planet]"No more gold stars. We're signing every talanted a*****e and winning the superbowl." - Baalke
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I hope this works out.

He was acquitted, meaning the dumb b***h was lying.
back on track...

The 49ers believe that as well. "As an organization, from ownership on down, we have done our due diligence and are confident that Perrish will be a positive contributor to the 49ers, as well as our community," general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement.

Cox (6-0, 198) was originally a fifth round draft pick by the Broncos (137th overall) in 2010. He's played in 15 games (9 starts), tallying 54 tackles, two forced fumbles, one interception and ranked third among NFL rookies with a team-high 14 passes defensed in 2010.

Those two statements have me fully behind cox (would you rather be infront? )
Low risk - high reward. Small contract for 2 years, he still has to earn his spot

25, very good STeam player, KO returner, 3rd corner.

Could easily be developed into a better player. His best years are ahead of him.

lag doubled
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by THEB:

I hope this works out.

Or he paid her, but whatever as long as he can ball thats all that matters I guess.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I hope this works out.

Or he paid her, but whatever as long as he can ball thats all that matters I guess.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
this signing sounds like the "madieu williams signing 2.0"

No, madieu was brought in as like a 3rd safety and only played like 1 game because Goldson got hurt. He was part of the special teams though. Cox will be in the mix for 3rd corner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I hope this works out.

maybe she wasn't lying

Former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox, less than two weeks removed from being acquitted of rape charges, is back in the NFL, as a member of the 49ers. In short, Cox denied to police having sex with a woman who claimed she was violated after she passed out. But the woman was pregnant, and Cox's DNA matched the DNA of the fetus.

Setting aside for now whether a "second chance" (it's not really a second chance if the guy was never convicted) meshes with the privilege of playing in the NFL, the question is whether the 49ers or any other team should be comfortable doing business with a player who denied to police having sex with a woman who ended up pregnant with his child.

Some teams (like the 49ers) are fine with that. Others surely wouldn't be. The question for now is how coach Jim Harbaugh will reconcile this move with his general attitude toward the subject of players who find trouble off the field.
[ Edited by susweel on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM ]
This signing was ALL Ed Donatell (who was behind drafting Cox for the Broncos); I think this bodes well for us (Donatell also knew about Rogers' eye issues, and how better Carlos could make of himself).
To those of you upset... what evidence do you have of this man's guilt?
I hope he doesn't come to the Niners and act like a huge........... Cox!
Share 49ersWebzone