LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Will Tukuafu gets 2 year extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Tukuafu-Signs-2-year-Extension/e8531e75-ec32-43a5-82a1-d69d86dbcb5b
Isaac Sopoaga's Tongan replacement?
Nah he's not a Soap replacement he's a defensive end. He's depth for Smith and RayMac, plus probably Brooks on 3rd downs.
article has him as a DT doe
  • sfout
  • Veteran
hardly, just a good swingman to backup both Ray Mac and Justin. Represent Utah! lol.
Beat me to it. Nice though!!!
Was he about to be in the last year of his contract? Pleasant surprise
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Mar 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Championship ?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Championship ?

Yes. Definitely
Interesting. The team obviously sees him as a long term backup/3rd DE when McDonald or Justin come out.

I'm interested to see if he got anything guaranteed. Also take one less FA to worry about after 2012, since he is signed through 2013 now.
Good job. People keep wanting DL depth from draft picks, but as I always felt, I love the potential we have in Tuku, Dobbs, RJF, and Williams.

Another guy to look for is Brock, if the team feels he is a long term guy, they will sign him to an extension, he is a RFA after 2012.
It seems that the coaching staff think he can be developed.

As a comparitive pooint, I remember some years ago many people wanted to give up on Soap. He was worth keeping and developing. I'm sure the JH & staff feel the same way about Willy T.
DEY OVUR PAYED HIM!>!>!?!!!!!!11
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Another guy to look for is Brock, if the team feels he is a long term guy, they will sign him to an extension, he is a RFA after 2012.

He is an ERFA right now... so we should just keep him in 2012 on the cheap and see if he really has anything to offer throughout the year before an extension.

(my thinking anyway)
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

He is an ERFA right now... so we should just keep him in 2012 on the cheap and see if he really has anything to offer throughout the year before an extension.

(my thinking anyway)

I'm fine with that. I think Brock needs more time developing as a CB. I dont want him as 3rd CB like he was in NFC Title game when Brown went down. He gave up a huge TD right after Kyle Williams' first muffed punt return.
Share 49ersWebzone