LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

Saints used bounty system vs us and the Lions in the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know there is a Saints thread in NFL talk, but this specifically effected us so I thought I'd post it here. Joe Staley mentioned he thought it was odd how he got punched in the face in that game, and I'm pretty sure they got away with quite a bit of other stuff also. I don't think they really succeeded at injuring anyone, and it's kind of funny they still failed. Here's the link:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/bounty-report-paints-ugly-picture-for-saints-nfl/
7. Though the report doesn't expressly say it, the Saints apparently used the bounty system during the 2011 playoffs, when they faced the Lions and the 49ers.
lol yeah the master plan was to punch joe staley in the face w/ a facemask on so he'd leave the game
I do remember him and will smith getting into it and staleys helmet coming off but looked more like playoff football to me
Don't care. They will lose draft picks and face suspensions. So it will just harm them in the end.
still won, lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Don't care. They will lose draft picks and face suspensions. So it will just harm them in the end.

I think you are right but the draft picks they must give up should be significant for something like this. Something like at least 2 or 3 First round picks and a bunch of 2-4s over a period of five years or so. I think the Saints should lose a draft pick for at least every season the bounty system was in place. Also, Williams should be suspended from the NFL for at least a year if not more. Peyton and the GM should receive a suspension of a few games at least. The NFL needs to come down hard on this kind of stuff especially considering it was a cultural thing in NO and happened DURING THEIR SUPERBOWL season. Now that season looks tainted to many people. Not good for the PR of the NFL.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
still won, lol

this
I'm pretty sure Joe Staley was joking when he suggested that getting punched in the face was a part of the bounty system.
Donte Whitner and the 9ers D turned the tables on that pretty quick. Pierre Thomas probably still has a headache.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
still won, lol

But, Ginn was injured in the game, leading to KW as the return man, leading to the fumbles...

Hopefully they will lose their franchise tag (a penalty I heard is possible), and Brees wants to come to SF!!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

agreed. Just happy nothing bad happened to any of our guys. I just want to see what punishment comes down on the team, coaches and players.
One would've thought that we used the bounty system on them since we physically beat them down, taking out Pierre Thomas and Jimmy Graham in the beginning of the game.

I wonder if they had mind control over Ted Ginn and had him run his dumbass into Crabtree's knee.
Share 49ersWebzone