LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers Bounty Hunting????? ( Updated)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Geez, I'd be really worried about getting hit by little Charlie.
Was probably looking to take out a guy's knee more than catching that INT with Washington. His interception went up with the Niners. More proof that the team doesn't have a bounty system.
i think los should stfu, what said in house should stay in house.
Carlos should STFU before gets himself involved, jeebus..
Rogers appears to be in denial. Did he actually hear the audio? What Williams said while with the 'Skins may have been totally different than the Saints. And with Whitner villifying Williams, I hope this doesn't cause tension in our defensive backfield.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Rogers appears to be in denial. Did he actually hear the audio? What Williams said while with the 'Skins may have been totally different than the Saints. And with Whitner villifying Williams, I hope this doesn't cause tension in our defensive backfield.

Yeah and Antonio Pierce was kind of making excuses for Williams too, but still admitted that the concussion and ACL things went too far. I think Rogers is just making excuses for GWilliams because he played under him. Guys like Whitner thinks this is clearly over the top and bush league. I could see it creating a bit of a rift to be honest. But I wouldn't panic yet. I would like to see Carlos show more loyalty to his teammates than to his douchebag ex-coach though.
Just STFU. I understand its kinda a niners story....but in reality its not. Let the saints run their mouth or anyone else....Niners need to worry about niners football and that is all.

Whittner should STFU also, and anyone else with comments.
The league isn't targeting the 49ers. They are making an example of the Saints. Almost every pro who has interviewed
all said "Heard that, heard that before, yup same ole thing." It's not really shocking. Similar talk like the Greg Williams
tape goes on in every defensive meeting before a game. EVERY defensive meeting. The Saints are just the ones who got
caught crossing the line. I bet other teams have done the same. But have they been successful. I would say no. You watch tape
from the 50's and 60's. Guys used to get clotheslined, headslapped, clipped and all the rest of it. And where did that
bounty system get the Saints last year. Pierre Thomas BYE BYE in the 1st qtr. Jimmy Graham missed about a qtr and a half.
The 49ers were more physical than the Saints. "When they are fearing us they give us the ball." LOL !! That's why they turned it
over 5 times. Who feared who in that contest? If you had to bet which team had a bounty system in place, you'd bet the 49ers.
Cuz we beat the s**t of them!!
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
The league isn't targeting the 49ers. They are making an example of the Saints. Almost every pro who has interviewed
all said "Heard that, heard that before, yup same ole thing." It's not really shocking. Similar talk like the Greg Williams
tape goes on in every defensive meeting before a game. EVERY defensive meeting. The Saints are just the ones who got
caught crossing the line. I bet other teams have done the same. But have they been successful. I would say no. You watch tape
from the 50's and 60's. Guys used to get clotheslined, headslapped, clipped and all the rest of it. And where did that
bounty system get the Saints last year. Pierre Thomas BYE BYE in the 1st qtr. Jimmy Graham missed about a qtr and a half.
The 49ers were more physical than the Saints. "When they are fearing us they give us the ball." LOL !! That's why they turned it
over 5 times. Who feared who in that contest? If you had to bet which team had a bounty system in place, you'd bet the 49ers.
Cuz we beat the s**t of them!!

patrick willis would be the highest paid player in the league if he got paid for monster hits lol
Los showing loyalty to his ex coach rather than his teammates SMH

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Just STFU. I understand its kinda a niners story....but in reality its not. Let the saints run their mouth or anyone else....Niners need to worry about niners football and that is all.

I fail to understand why football players shouldn't give their opinion about a football story.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

I fail to understand why football players shouldn't give their opinion about a football story.

The media will twist the truth and can lead to bad PR (or fines in some cases) when their words are taken out of context.
Rogers you stinkin' idiot.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

The media will twist the truth and can lead to bad PR (or fines in some cases) when their words are taken out of context.

That's true, but when a topic hits that close to home, the players are gonna say something, although I agree they shouldn't go into detail like Carlos. Drew Brees backing of Payton was appropriate though.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM ]
does it matter? as long as dude aint doing it on our team im ok with it
Share 49ersWebzone