LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

What keeps the offense from begin elite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Only #11 can improve. It's impossible for our WRs to improve

That is such a negative point of view. You should try and cheer up, have hope!

Simply making fun of the intelligent folk that think we should trade Crabtree
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Crabtree's strategy was to make a ton of cash and quit. End of story.
How did you possibly come to this conclusion??????????????

The Summer of Crabtree bashing is almost upon us. Once we get past Free Agency and the Draft, Webzoners will have nothing better to do than bash Crabtree. Poor guy will never live up to expectations...
Poor guy will never live up to expectations... as long as his lazy under achieving, no preseason ass continues to hold him back! I believe this is a contract year for Crabtree, and he strikes me as pay day wonder, a guy who will blow up for a season just in time to get paid, then go back to his weak punk ways as soon as possible! If he had a heart, he could be great, but heart is the one thing he lacks!
Again, I don't know how these conclusions are made. He has gone up in numbers every year. His team mates say great things about him. He has missed preseasons but even when Harbaugh took over, he was obviously not faking an injury or else he would have been on the field when the season started... I think he played part of the week 1 Seattle game, and sat out the week 2 game.

What wr numbers are you wanting him to put up? Are you just reading his body language and saying he has no heart? Or to the original OP, what makes you believe he wants to just quit? To get paid, you have to put up great numbers. So being lazy or quiting isn't going to get you a payday. If he had no heart, he could ask to get traded and play for a team that didn't ask him to block so much because there's no glory in it. He could ask to go to a pass happy team to boost his stats to make the probowl. He hasn't done any of that.

Crabs and VD make up 50% of our passing offense (Literally). Our problems are elsewhere. Crabs can get better, just like every other player can. We need more weapons on offense. A big WR and maybe a 2nd TE threat.

You're wrong. The WRs can start a bounty program.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont think #11 can be in charge of an elite offense. An average offense that relies heavily on the run is probably the best we can hope from him. Dont think he can be elite chucking the ball around every where like the big dogs.
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont think #11 can be in charge of an elite offense. An average offense that relies heavily on the run is probably the best we can hope from him. Dont think he can be elite chucking the ball around every where like the big dogs.

You surround him with pro bowl talent, and he probably plays a lot like Troy Aikman did in his first Superbowl year (30% completions over 30-40 yards, 80% 10-15 yard plays).

I like Alex Smith, I love his heart, and I root for him to succeed, but he's expendable, and inevitably replaceable.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:

You surround him with pro bowl talent, and he probably plays a lot like Troy Aikman did in his first Superbowl year (30% completions over 30-40 yards, 80% 10-15 yard plays).

I like Alex Smith, I love his heart, and I root for him to succeed, but he's expendable, and inevitably replaceable.

Troy Aikman had much better throwing ability than Alex.
our offense isn't elite cause were sticking with Alex Smith and not going after Peyton. If the Cards or Seahawks get him we are screwed...
Originally posted by hateroids84:
our offense isn't elite cause were sticking with Alex Smith and not going after Peyton. If the Cards or Seahawks get him we are screwed...

Oh, all of a sudden our premium defence forgets how to sack qb's? Manning comes into our back garden, he is going to be
Originally posted by English:

Oh, all of a sudden our premium defence forgets how to sack qb's? Manning comes into our back garden, he is going to be

Look at it this way, if our Defense decides to perform like a 15th ranked defense instead of a top 5, then we are screwed.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Look at it this way, if our Defense decides to perform like a 15th ranked defense instead of a top 5, then we are screwed.

We are a defensive-driven team. If they crap out, we crap out. But all we need to do is get Aldon or Brooks through a couple of times and the problem is over.
Would be interesting to see Manning in this type of offense. Shoot, teams were s**tting bricks trying to figure out what he was going to do when they KNEW he was passing. Imagine how stressed DC's will be going up against Manning in the 49ers offense.

i dont knnow when the 49ers offense need to score we score

We are a defensive-driven team. If they crap out, we crap out. But all we need to do is get Aldon or Brooks through a couple of times and the problem is over.

The notion that defense wins championships is a total myth. Our defense did absolutely nothing wrong in the NFC championship game and we still lost. Only few recent examples of defense actually winning it are Baltimore & Tampa Bay. Other than that you need a legit QB to win a superbowl. Peyton is the best QB the nfl has had for a long time. He may be on the downside, but with our Defense it should = Superbowl. With Alex I just hope we can make it back to the playoffs.
Peyton to the niners would = $uperbowl!! Average qb is holding us back...
The notion that defense wins championships is a total myth. Our defense did absolutely nothing wrong in the NFC championship game and we still lost. Only few recent examples of defense actually winning it are Baltimore & Tampa Bay. Other than that you need a legit QB to win a superbowl. Peyton is the best QB the nfl has had for a long time. He may be on the downside, but with our Defense it should = Superbowl. With Alex I just hope we can make it back to the playoffs.

Nor entirely true, our defense could have stopped the TD after Williams first fumble but didnt, and if defense doesnt win championships how do you explain this years Super Bowl. The Giants and the Patriots had pretty equally talented offenses. But what did the Giants have the the Pats didnt. A great defense.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Crabtree's strategy was to make a ton of cash and quit. End of story.
How did you possibly come to this conclusion??????????????

The Summer of Crabtree bashing is almost upon us. Once we get past Free Agency and the Draft, Webzoners will have nothing better to do than bash Crabtree. Poor guy will never live up to expectations...
Poor guy will never live up to expectations... as long as his lazy under achieving, no preseason ass continues to hold him back! I believe this is a contract year for Crabtree, and he strikes me as pay day wonder, a guy who will blow up for a season just in time to get paid, then go back to his weak punk ways as soon as possible! If he had a heart, he could be great, but heart is the one thing he lacks!
Again, I don't know how these conclusions are made. He has gone up in numbers every year. His team mates say great things about him. He has missed preseasons but even when Harbaugh took over, he was obviously not faking an injury or else he would have been on the field when the season started... I think he played part of the week 1 Seattle game, and sat out the week 2 game.

What wr numbers are you wanting him to put up? Are you just reading his body language and saying he has no heart? Or to the original OP, what makes you believe he wants to just quit? To get paid, you have to put up great numbers. So being lazy or quiting isn't going to get you a payday. If he had no heart, he could ask to get traded and play for a team that didn't ask him to block so much because there's no glory in it. He could ask to go to a pass happy team to boost his stats to make the probowl. He hasn't done any of that.

Crabs and VD make up 50% of our passing offense (Literally). Our problems are elsewhere. Crabs can get better, just like every other player can. We need more weapons on offense. A big WR and maybe a 2nd TE threat.

You're wrong. The WRs can start a bounty program.
I remember when Vernon Davis was getting s**t on and bashed a few years ago, but he soon proved all the haters wrong. Now, the haters are going after Crabs and he'll soon prove all you haters wrong too. In order to have an elite offense we need a dramatic improvement from Alex Smith especially with his accuracy (throwing receivers open and stopping the high pass) and his pocket presence. Now if you really want an elite offense than you go after Manning and Reggie Wayne.
Share 49ersWebzone