LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

What keeps the offense from begin elite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
To me the Oline falls in the Good
RB is in between good and very good

That's true. I thought it would be a cop out to put that though. I also put into consideration age into the value. So Davis has alot of stock because he's still relatively young & so is our Oline. If our RB core is simply Gore & Hunter again next year then I will have to drop the rating down to just good
Originally posted by KEGster:
That's true. I thought it would be a cop out to put that though. I also put into consideration age into the value. So Davis has alot of stock because he's still relatively young & so is our Oline. If our RB core is simply Gore & Hunter again next year then I will have to drop the rating down to just good

Well that will depend on Gore and Hunters performance though.

With Davis and Iupati in their 3rd years I'm hoping that the Oline makes the jump to the very good at least this next season.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Us and them, isn't that an old Pink Floyd song?

also a Shinedown album

I prefer Dark Side of the Moon for free agency:

"Money, get away.
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team."
Originally posted by BHulman:

With Davis and Iupati in their 3rd years I'm hoping that the Oline makes the jump to the very good at least this next season.

I have hope for the OLine but they still need to shore up the right guard spot and either keep Snyder as a backup center or find a new back up. Much is hanging on Kilgore and Person developing, or they need to pick up a FA. They can't depend on a draftee coming in and playing right away.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Whoops, I clicked "Post This Reply" early on accident.

It was supposed to read:

"11 men learn a new offense at their own pace, and must have time to learn their roles, and what to expect from the people around them. They will need extended time in the system before we can point to any one player as a weak link to the overall unit, other than obvious physical/athletic shortcomings."

no, you were right the first time

I hate to say it for the 5th year but THIS will finally be the year we will finally be able to understand what type of level of a NFL player Alex Smith will be.

So even you admit some continuity of OC, HC, system, players is important? And a full offseason with Harbaugh instead of a stunted one? 2 years with a guy he responded to. No question he can be better. IMO 2012 or 2013 will tell you what Alex can really become. 3 years in the same system would really be better. But even 2 is more than he ever had. Some of the top QB's have been playing with the same HC and system for like 7 + years. I think 3 is the true benchmark of what he can be meaning 2013. But I suspect even in 2012 he will be better than what we have ever seen and he will give some indication of what type of player he can be.

Yes and same goes for the receivers.

It was supposed to read:

"11 men learn a new offense at their own pace, and must have time to learn their roles, and what to expect from the people around them. They will need extended time in the system before we can point to any one player as a weak link to the overall unit, other than obvious physical/athletic shortcomings."

I hate to say it for the 5th year but THIS will finally be the year we will finally be able to understand what type of level of a NFL player Alex Smith will be.

So even you admit some continuity of OC, HC, system, players is important? And a full offseason with Harbaugh instead of a stunted one? 2 years with a guy he responded to. No question he can be better. IMO 2012 or 2013 will tell you what Alex can really become. 3 years in the same system would really be better. But even 2 is more than he ever had. Some of the top QB's have been playing with the same HC and system for like 7 + years. I think 3 is the true benchmark of what he can be meaning 2013. But I suspect even in 2012 he will be better than what we have ever seen and he will give some indication of what type of player he can be.

NOW YOU"VE CROSSED THE LINE!!!

It was supposed to read:

Agreement? Where is the bomb shelter?
I don't think anyone was ever saying all the recievers need to go in the first place, we just need to fill in the holes, and hope to god crabtree decides this is the year to show up to work 5 minutes early instead of 5 minutes late.
I don't think anyone was ever saying all the recievers need to go in the first place, we just need to fill in the holes, and hope to god crabtree decides this is the year to show up to work 5 minutes early instead of 5 minutes late.

LoneWolf is at the practice facility, observin' what time specific players get there.

Its a metaphor dude, a metaphor.

Yes and let's hope Alex doesn't s**t his pants when he sees an open receiver.

You dont remember how many posts were made calling for Crabtree to be CUT after the season ended? I mean, I guess you are right that no one said that ALL the receivers needed to go.....but if people were saying our very best one needed to, I think thats saying all that needs to be said.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
You dont remember how many posts were made calling for Crabtree to be CUT after the season ended? I mean, I guess you are right that no one said that ALL the receivers needed to go.....but if people were saying our very best one needed to, I think thats saying all that needs to be said.

Honestly at the end of the season I remember more calls for Williams to be cut not Crabtree, but what do i know Im still somewhat of a noob. I do remember calls for wanting Crabtree to be traded, where I don't think anyone could argue as long as the trade was worth it go for it. But most of those came more from his lack of effort in the off seasons, and still "semi" questionable capabilities.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Agreement? Where is the bomb shelter?

Share 49ersWebzone