There are 147 users in the forums

What keeps the offense from begin elite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Know you don't hate to say it. You can't wait to say it. You guys can't wait for him to fail so that you guys can final say "we were right." Otherwise, all this is moot. You guys place this POV of strict importance and rarely swerve from it. I've seen this type of behavior before and nothing comes from it because ultimately, only you guys would get your jollies off of someone failing.

That's the POV I just don't understand, nor want to.

Hope you guys fail. That way, we know that Alex proved you wrong.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Know you don't hate to say it. You can't wait to say it. You guys can't wait for him to fail so that you guys can final say "we were right." Otherwise, all this is moot. You guys place this POV of strict importance and rarely swerve from it. I've seen this type of behavior before and nothing comes from it because ultimately, only you guys would get your jollies off of someone failing.

Us and them, isn't that an old Pink Floyd song?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Us and them, isn't that an old Pink Floyd song?

also a Shinedown album

We don't want to see our QB fail. That doesn't make any sense. That said, Alex isn't going to wow you with 4,000 yards next season and a bunch of TD's.
Even this year our offense was near the bottom of the league in 3rd conversion % and red zone td. And you can look at every season he's been here and we're at or near the bottom of the league in important offensive categories. The QB has a lot to do with that. I don't care how coaches he's had. The cream rises to the top.
And this guy aint the cream. I'd be happy to eat some crow if I'm wrong. So again we don't want to see him fail. But he fails so often why would we expect anything else?

We don't want to see our QB fail. That doesn't make any sense. That said, Alex isn't going to wow you with 4,000 yards next season and a bunch of TD's.
Even this year our offense was near the bottom of the league in 3rd conversion % and red zone td. And you can look at every season he's been here and we're at or near the bottom of the league in important offensive categories. The QB has a lot to do with that. I don't care how coaches he's had. The cream rises to the top.
And this guy aint the cream. I'd be happy to eat some crow if I'm wrong. So again we don't want to see him fail. But he fails so often why would we expect anything else?
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

lol cream rises ti the top?

how many qbs become elite first year in new offense?

i did thid before
time it took qbs to be considered elite:

eli manning: 7 season
tom brady : around 5-6 seasons
aaron rodeers: 2-3 season of playing 4 season of sitting on bench before that
drew brees: around 5 years

out of those qbs tey all had same offensive system for throughout their career and an actual coach

alex had different system every year and first year with a decent coach he arguably had a top 10 year
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Everybody wants a tall big body WR, but do you guys really see Alex just throwing it up and playing jump ball? I dont.

sorry just a little confused here

why would you throw jump balls to guys who are 6 1 (tallest WR on our team is that height)

i have seen a few to VD though

I just dont see him as that type of QB. He's more cautious than any other QB in the league. And I dont think he's thrown "jump balls" to Davis. There was that one underthrown ball that Davis had to jump over Rolls shoulder pads for, but thats all I can remember.

He threw jump balls to Antonio Bryant 6 years ago and it resulted in 11 INTs because Bryant was not willing to go up and make a play. I recall screaming at the TV or at the field for home games when the guy just made no effort at all despite the fact he usually was taller than the DB who went up to make a play.

That kind of stuff influences a player, particularly a QB who is judged responsible for picks.

i did thid before

out of those qbs tey all had same offensive system for throughout their career and an actual coach

alex had different system every year and first year with a decent coach he arguably had a top 10 year
+1
  • dj43

Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

i did thid before

Look man the guy said he wasn't rooting for Alex to fail. But to tell the truth a good Athlete,Player is able to over come that type of adversity atleast 50% of the time. Alex Played very good this season. He still has to be better come next yr. but that is the same for every player in the league. He actually played well enough to where fans no longer need to make excuses for him.

Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Look man the guy said he wasn't rooting for Alex to fail. But to tell the truth a good Athlete,Player is able to over come that type of adversity atleast 50% of the time. Alex Played very good this season. He still has to be better come next yr. but that is the same for every player in the league. He actually played well enough to where fans no longer need to make excuses for him.

But not well enough that he shouldn't be judged with the same blind minded b.s.?
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

this is NFL if athlethicsim was just enough jamarcuss russel would be an all pro

coaching and system matters this year of alex proved it with limited offseason

as did matt flynn who took over and had the best game in packers history

the point i was making is that it usually takes a while for qbs to be considered elite (not saying alex is close to there) and none of them had multiple OC like alex did
What has kept this offense from being elite, has been a revolving door of offensive coordinators, inept coaching, sub par player performance, crap for game plans, and mis management.

we seem to have righted all of those wrongs this past season, with improved player performance, better coaching, better management, retention of the coaching staff, and now, a full off season to implement parts of the playbook that weren't intergrated into the gameplans last season due to the shortened off season. All this personal crap is just that, personal crap. We were just a couple of plays away from the Superbowl. Quit your friggin whinning, and get on board.
Compared to the rest of the league:
QB: Good
RB: Very Good
OL: Very Good
TE: Great
WR: Below Average

- Obviously improve the receivers & add depth with another pass catching TE
- Add depth at Oline/RB
- Groom replacement for Smith & Gore

Oline > RB. In terms of importance
Originally posted by KEGster:
Compared to the rest of the league: