LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Do you believe the 49er will sign a true #1 WR AND a high draft pick as #2 WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe the 49er will sign a true #1 WR AND a high draft pick as #2 WR?

My guess all along has been that we bundle craps up with maybe a 2nd pick for a much higher pick in the draft. Another thot has been to package craps AND Kap for a run at the #2 or #3 pick in draft, Blackmon. I know there is a lot of sentiment for Kap, but i think Tolzien has #2 nailed down...tight. Hence, offer both for a blackmon.
What i don't see is getting a real bona fide #1 WR in FA and Baalke/Harbaugh keeping a #4 or #5 WR who is making #1 WR money. I guess they could offer craps less money for a #4 WR, but don't see that going over well. Also, drafting high will mean giving up something, and craps did have a run of circus catches at midseason before disappearing. Maybe he would be of interest along with another of our picks or as noted above bundled with Kap for a shot at Blackmon. I am curious how many think we keep craps and his #1 salary if we FA a #1 WR and move up for a high #2 WR pick.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]
100% of the people who have responded so far have said NO.

end thread,
How many times is this topic gonna come up
crabtree is a slid #2 WR

we just need 1 #1 WR and our WR corps suddenly becomes good (assuming we resign morgan)
We're keeping crabs. WR will add 2 WRs fr either the draft, FA or both
My Prediction...

49ers will sign mid-level WR and draft another one in round 2 or 3. Crabtree ain't going anywhere.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
We're keeping crabs. WR will add 2 WRs fr either the draft, FA or both

+1. That's what Adam Schefter's saying and he's rarely wrong.
So for those of you who agree that we are going to sign a FA true #1 WR, plus draft a high #2 WR, you believe that baalke and harbaugh are going to pay craps as a #1 WR?
Do the math guys, that means we will be paying two guys to be #1 WR, and I don't think that going to happen. This is cap football, and paying two guys as #1 WR just doesn't happen. It only makes sense to me if they offer craps money he is worth, say a #2.5 or #3. That is the part that no one is addressing, and I have a hard time believing it.

English, I already knew the answer. I am just curious how we go about paying 2 guys #1WR money, esp when our current #1 is playing down to a #3. THAT was my real question...not if we were going to get a FA and a hi draft WR.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
Dadiva, 9ers rule and marvin, we are in agreement that we get a FA #1WR and a hi draft pick #2 WR. If craps stays, you all really believe he is going to make #1WR money? THAT is the question. In this day of cap football, i just don't see Coach and Baalke keeping craps at a #1WR salary. Sure, if he wants to take less money, absolutely keep him. But keep him as an excellent #3 but at a #1 WR paygrade? Man, guys, i just don't see that. Everything these guys have done is by the book, if too expensive work on down the line. And keeping craps at #1money is way past the line that coach and GM have done to present. Therefore, i don;t see craps staying if offered #3 money, and i cannot even remotely believe that B& H are going to get stuck paying craps #1money while paying 2 new WRs #1 and #2 money. Do you?

This is not so much about who we are getting as it is about $$ ,and that was the question i tried to pose...altho i seemed to have stepped all over my genitalia getting to it.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dadiva, 9ers rule and marvin, we are in agreement that we get a FA #1WR and a hi draft pick #2 WR. If craps stays, you all really believe he is going to make #1WR money? THAT is the question. In this day of cap football, i just don't see Coach and Baalke keeping craps at a #1WR salary. Sure, if he wants to take less money, absolutely keep him. But keep him as an excellent #3 but at a #1 WR paygrade? Man, guys, i just don't see that. Everything these guys have done is by the book, if too expensive work on down the line. And keeping craps at #1money is way past the line that coach and GM have done to present. Therefore, i don;t see craps staying if offered #3 money, and i cannot even remotely believe that B& H are going to get stuck paying craps #1money while paying 2 new WRs #1 and #2 money. Do you?

This is not so much about who we are getting as it is about $$ ,and that was the question i tried to pose...altho i seemed to have stepped all over my genitalia getting to it.
he's not really making #1 WR money. That'd be like 10 or 11 mill/year. He's getting like 4 or 5. That's #2 money.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Crabtree is no worse than a 2 WR, He has improved his numbers every year he has been in the league, I dont get why people think we are in a rush to get rid of this guy.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree is no worse than a 2 WR, He has improved his numbers every year he has been in the league, I dont get why people think we are in a rush to get rid of this guy.

Tell me about it. Funny how it goes unnoticed his numbers are improving every year.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
My Prediction...

49ers will sign mid-level WR and draft another one in round 2 or 3. Crabtree ain't going anywhere.

Agree
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
How many times is this topic gonna come up

Seriously. It's like, people don't think that we have enough WR threads going already.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We will sign a med level WR and draft another WR but not in the first round. I could see us signing someone like Manningham, Meacham or Chaz Shilans.
Share 49ersWebzone