There are 167 users in the forums

"Wide Open" sideline routes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
They were wide open but #11 cant make those throws to anyone but VD and thats because VD burns any LB covering him by five yards.

Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
49er rider when you say "watch the games again" do you mean go back to your "tivo" or directv" because thats not going to show them being open down the sideline since cameras only focus on the football not the Open wr's so i dont know wether to believe you or call you a liar ive been to a few games living here in the bay and for the most part our WR's get caught up from opposing defenders.. theres sometimes when they get open but alex has looked off of them by then since it took them 5 seconds to get some type of seperation.

This. I gave come on the zone after being at the games to see people talking about certain plays, and I tell myself that is not how ithappened. Yeahsure soso was open but the ball was in the air and his defender left him. The other is the camera rarely shows the over the top safety who was breaking that way.
If you gave come on the zone, you're getting a little to excited about all this.

thats exactly what matt millen said

he said when watching on tv he was wondering what alex was doing

then he saw gametape

said no one was open and that once harbaugh himself sees the gametape he will realize that alex played well under the circumstances and that harbaugh will be going after WR hard this offseason
Originally posted by Tombo:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
49er rider when you say "watch the games again" do you mean go back to your "tivo" or directv" because thats not going to show them being open down the sideline since cameras only focus on the football not the Open wr's so i dont know wether to believe you or call you a liar ive been to a few games living here in the bay and for the most part our WR's get caught up from opposing defenders.. theres sometimes when they get open but alex has looked off of them by then since it took them 5 seconds to get some type of seperation.

This. I gave come on the zone after being at the games to see people talking about certain plays, and I tell myself that is not how ithappened. Yeahsure soso was open but the ball was in the air and his defender left him. The other is the camera rarely shows the over the top safety who was breaking that way.
If you gave come on the zone, you're getting a little to excited about all this.
Yeah you have to love phone spell checks. It was supposed to be "have come"
After having time to process the end of our season, I'm confident going forward with Smith.

His performance in the Saints game was an all time classic, and he did enough to win vs. the Giants. Could he have been better in the NFCC? Yeah, but he had 2 perfect TD throws to VD, did enough to win the game, and was only done in by KW's blatant idiocy and failure of WRs to get open late once they locked down VD. His performance in those games, specifically THE TWO comebacks vs. NO should help massively build his confidence going in to next season.

This year he finally proved that he can make the big throws, and he played the best football of his career the last 5 games of the season (PIT, SEA, STL, NO, NYG), not throwing any INTs and making several big-time throws in each of the games. I mean, there had to be at least 10 perfectly placed go-routes to Crabs and VD in crucial situations in those games.

We all know Urban Meyer's prophetic words on Smith needing time in the system; this will be his first ever season using the same system, and I can't think of a better one/coaching staff he could be running. All he needs to do this year is play with that sense of urgency he displayed and made him so dangerous in the Saints game, in the 2nd half vs. PIT, late vs. SEA, etc and he'll be a big-time QB. With VD likely to explode plus some much needed WR help, things are looking up.
They were wide open but #11 cant make those throws to anyone but VD and thats because VD burns any LB covering him by five yards.

This statement is contradictory.

If Smith can only throw to VD because he burns his cover man by 5 yards then by that reason there should be no reason why he can't throw to WRs who are "wide open" assuming that "wide open" means beating your man by more than 5 yards. Let's face it, our WR core is sorry.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

If Smith can only throw to VD because he burns his cover man by 5 yards then by that reason there should be no reason why he can't throw to WRs who are "wide open" assuming that "wide open" means beating your man by more than 5 yards. Let's face it, our WR core is sorry.

Dude, this is the Zone. The reasoning is -- Smith has blind love for VD. Until Smith can throw 2 TDs a game to anyone other than VD, we just have to assume Smith missed on 'wide open' D. Walker, Crabtree, Williams, and Swain. There's really no excuse for Smith not to convert those 3rd downs. If his receivers are covered he should be able to throw them open...

OK, I tried to be a hater but it's not working. How do people come up with this ridiculous sh*t to bash a QB of their own team
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Dude, this is the Zone. The reasoning is -- Smith has blind love for VD. Until Smith can throw 2 TDs a game to anyone other than VD, we just have to assume Smith missed on 'wide open' D. Walker, Crabtree, Williams, and Swain. There's really no excuse for Smith not to convert those 3rd downs. If his receivers are covered he should be able to throw them open...

OK, I tried to be a hater but it's not working. How do people come up with this ridiculous sh*t to bash a QB of their own team

LOL. 9erfan and yourself make some good points....
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

one of these threads again
Originally posted by ImaMod:

one of these threads again

this

Anyone that has watched Niners games live since Alex was drafted knows that he lacks field vision and has ignored open receivers down field his entire career. It's why he has lost his starting to job to street free agent backups numerous times.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Anyone that has watched Niners games live since Alex was drafted knows that he lacks field vision and has ignored open receivers down field his entire career. It's why he has lost his starting to job to street free agent backups numerous times.

this and im sure they are all wide open

seriously how the hell can you guys tell from the TV angle?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

So now the mods are in on the name calling, good job leading by example.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

So now the mods are in on the name calling, good job leading by example.

LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone