LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 160 users in the forums

This is the Frank Gire we'll see next season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Gire, Hinter and Brice Muller with Alex Smoth and Vernon David make for a pretty formidable offensive squad.

Will said
Let's just hope John Harbaugh keeps him on the roster
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Remeber, we will also have our complete coaching staff back intact, with Jim Hirbaugh, Vic Fingio, Greg Riman, Tom Rithman, and Jim Timsula among others. And with Jed Yirk's commitment to putting a great team on the field with the help of Trent Bilke, I think wi are in giid shipe.

Hey, hey, HEY!! A joke is one thing, but messing up Rathman's name goes too far!

Seriously! What kind of monster would intentionally mispell Rathman's name in an attempt to be clever? ... .... ... ...
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Sorry man it's not going to happen. You should have put up this forum 3years ago when his legs were still fresh. I think our divisonal playoff game said enough when he broke through a hole and blazed down field for a go-ahead TD and got caught from behind

He usually get's caught from behind. His strength is in his quickness and power to burst into the secondary.

Because he is so competitive, he should be a factor next year. Running back by committee is here to stay, however.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Yeah...that guy has some good Miami stuff. I got a bunch of College Gore stuff from him to put into my Gore highlight vid from last year.

The only problem is the aspect ratio...I had to squeeze it back down to 4x3 so that everyone didn't look overweight. ;-)

EDIT:

Hrmmm...never seems to work when I embed the vid. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCpNHzRasM
I love you and your video's, in a very romantic way.

No homo
Gire will rush for over 1,000 yards if he doesn't get hurt
its funny that I looked up this vid last nite and now its here. I had never seen frank gore's college highlights and never knew how amazing he was..*sigh* he said he ran a 4.4 before his knee injuries and then after the injury ran a 4.62 at the combine.
I truly want the niners to do what they can to draft Montee Ball next year. That way, our rushing game wont miss a single beat when Gore decides to retire
BE HAPPY YOU HAVE FRANK GORE. The guy is the best running back we have ever had. Even now that he's a little run down, he's still a stud. He never had elite speed but I've never seen a SF running back break off more big runs that he's had.

And if he slows down a little more, you bring in another quality big back and rotate more. His blocking on pass protection is still best in the league.
I feel bad for Gore. If not for a few horrible, freak injuries, he could've been one of the all-time greats. I'm afraid he's starting to lose a step, though.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i know we have pressing needs at wide out, maybe corner and getting younger on the d line but i think we need to get rid of dixon who can not gain a yard on third and one in a huge game, plus he is just disapointing overall. we need a upgrade there, maybe late round pick for you college experts out there?
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I feel bad for Gore. If not for a few horrible, freak injuries, he could've been one of the all-time greats. I'm afraid he's starting to lose a step, though.

Frank IS an all time great
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Frank IS an all time great
no one argues but we do need another back like him who is younger and someone whose name is not dixon, in my opinion
Depends on what Jom Harbaugh has planned for our offense.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I truly want the niners to do what they can to draft Montee Ball next year. That way, our rushing game wont miss a single beat when Gore decides to retire

I'm not sure Montii Bill is the answer to replace Gire.
Share 49ersWebzone