There are 159 users in the forums

This is the Frank Gire we'll see next season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If there's one thing to know about Frank Gore, never count him out.

Foreal doe you can never count out Frank Gure. We learned that early this past season.
no no

he's almost done
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Note to self: Triple check spelling, grammar, and actual names of players before posting....

niib
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Remeber, we will also have our complete coaching staff back intact, with Jim Hirbaugh, Vic Fingio, Greg Riman, Tom Rithman, and Jim Timsula among others. And with Jed Yirk's commitment to putting a great team on the field with the help of Trent Bilke, I think wi are in giid shipe.

Hey, hey, HEY!! A joke is one thing, but messing up Rathman's name goes too far!

Agreed.

Its TIM Rithman.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Note to self: Triple check spelling, grammar, and actual names of players before posting....

niib

Gore is a BAD MAN!!!! I believe in this man, he has got one of the chips on his shoulder i have ever seen. Gore 1200+ yrs next year.
We should resign Harrison Gearst.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that he still flashes a lot of that ability. The only thing he as lost from the time of that video is the elite breakaway speed and maybe some suddeness. To me he is still fast enough to get the job done, but if he was timed he would probably run more of a 4.5 where that video looks like 4.3 speed (I think this shows on his career td total only 43). Other than that every year there are 2-3 nagging injuries that seem to slow him down, plus the passing game can consistantly take the 8th and 9th guys out of the box. It is also a lot easier to break-away from guys at the college level than in the NFL, so perhaps he hasn't lost as much as we think. Like the Op I will never count Frank out of anything. It would not shock me if that as long as Frank remains healthy he comes in and runs for another 1300 + yards and the explosive plays return. Is this an overly sunny evaluation of what he has left? Possibly. Am I expecting this to happen? No. But it wouldn't surprise me.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that he still flashes a lot of that ability. The only thing he as lost from the time of that video is the elite breakaway speed and maybe some suddeness. To me he is still fast enough to get the job done, but if he was timed he would probably run more of a 4.5 where that video looks like 4.3 speed (I think this shows on his career td total only 43). Other than that every year there are 2-3 nagging injuries that seem to slow him down, plus the passing game can consistantly take the 8th and 9th guys out of the box. It is also a lot easier to break-away from guys at the college level than in the NFL, so perhaps he hasn't lost as much as we think. Like the Op I will never count Frank out of anything. It would not shock me if that as long as Frank remains healthy he comes in and runs for another 1300 + yards and the explosive plays return. Is this an overly sunny evaluation of what he has left? Possibly. Am I expecting this to happen? No. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Pritty much a real risey picture of Gire's current ability. One might even say you are looking at the wirld through rise colired glissis.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
As a Canes fan...when Portis said Gore was the best of the three RB's (Gore, Portis, & McGahee) it's so true. While the other two were great too Gore was a different back before he got injured in college. Honestly, I did think he'd ever be able to come back and be successful but he turned out to be one the the best RB's on the 2000's.

I do still think about how good he'd be if hadn't had both knees restructured.

There is good news and bad news in that. The bad news is it clearly hurt Gore's stock in the draft. The good news is because of it, we snagged him in the 3rd. No way we get Gore if he didn't get injured, unless we picked him up over Alex Smith.....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]

One thing is for sure, Gore defies the odds. Won't even be surprised if he runs for 1300 next year.
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
We should resign Harrison Gearst.

Or Derek Loville! Naw Derek's my boy I grew up with him!

Anyways I will never count out Gore!
Originally posted by Joecool:
One thing is for sure, Gore defies the odds. Won't even be surprised if he runs for 1300 next year.

Gore definitely defied and defies the odds. To have the career he's had, after those devastating knee injuries, is a testament to his drive and heart. Can you imagine his NFL career if he retained his college speed and moves? It's scary to think he could have been that much better. He was Barry Sanderish in some of those cuts and acceleration! I love the guy, but his best days as a pro are definitely behind him. If he's still starting next year, I hope they spell him more. I do believe however, that we need to start looking for a replacement.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Gore definitely defied and defies the odds. To have the career he's had, after those devastating knee injuries, is a testament to his drive and heart. Can you imagine his NFL career if he retained his college speed and moves? It's scary to think he could have been that much better. He was Barry Sanderish in some of those cuts and acceleration! I love the guy, but his best days as a pro are definitely behind him. If he's still starting next year, I hope they spell him more. I do believe however, that we need to start looking for a replacement.

Shoot, even now, when he's on healthy ankles, his speed in the 0-15 yard range is near best in the league.
Yeah...that guy has some good Miami stuff. I got a bunch of College Gore stuff from him to put into my Gore highlight vid from last year.

The only problem is the aspect ratio...I had to squeeze it back down to 4x3 so that everyone didn't look overweight. ;-)

EDIT:

Hrmmm...never seems to work when I embed the vid. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWCpNHzRasM
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone