LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

tuesday a better day.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Totally looking to next year. Didnt say that with as much enthusiasm last year so for every thought I have about next year I have another thinking about what today could have been. I'm not rooting for either team and wish neither one can win. Zero interest in it. The Giants earned the right to be there but not New England. I dont think they could beat any of the final 4 NFC teams.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
I expect the Giants to win but I will be rooting for the Pats to destroy them (even though it means Brady gets another Ring). Brady will never surpass Montana, who remains the only QB ever who is UNDEFEATED in four Super Bowl appearances!

I hope the Pats break Eli's legs; get him out of football altogether. The giants are a bunch of arrogant, immature children who deserve to lose, even if it means Brady gets another SB win!

There is a clear East Coast sports media bias that I really hate. The 49ers continue to get no respect, and they won't get any until they again start winning SBs (even then they will likely not get much respect, but at that point it won't matter).

I will not watch today's game, but I will be rooting for Eli and company to get injured badly enough to end their careers.

terry bradshaw

Joe NEVER threw an INT in the 4 SBs he played....he has that all to himself
ill watch some of the game , not gonna watch all the media stuff drooling over the teams, hate both teams but hate the giants more so yea, go pats today.
btw when is free agency again guys?
I expect the Giants to win but I will be rooting for the Pats to destroy them (even though it means Brady gets another Ring). Brady will never surpass Montana, who remains the only QB ever who is UNDEFEATED in four Super Bowl appearances!

I hope the Pats break Eli's legs; get him out of football altogether. The giants are a bunch of arrogant, immature children who deserve to lose, even if it means Brady gets another SB win!

There is a clear East Coast sports media bias that I really hate. The 49ers continue to get no respect, and they won't get any until they again start winning SBs (even then they will likely not get much respect, but at that point it won't matter).

I will not watch today's game, but I will be rooting for Eli and company to get injured badly enough to end their careers.

I think I feel more this way than anything.....minus the career ending injury statement.
I'm watching it. It comes down to the giants getting four SB wins or Brady, a 49ers fan, getting 4 rings. I'll take the latter. I just want to see the giants' hearts broken.

Lose-lose situation
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Feb 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
I am 51 years old and never missed a Super Bowl, I am not going to watch.

Sorry man. This post says a lot. Im incredibly upset also--it has to be the way everything seemed lined up for us and for it to be taken away the way it was

terry bradshaw

That was why I wanted the Giants to win. Brady 3-5 in Super Bowls Joe Cool and Terry Bradshaw still on top at 4-4
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

terry bradshaw

That was why I wanted the Giants to win. Brady 3-5 in Super Bowls Joe Cool and Terry Bradshaw still on top at 4-4

hes now closer to elways 2-3 then he is to bradshaw and montana

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ya I can route for the Giants if I want to. They're the more deserving team of the two. Won't route for the Pats under any circumstance.

Can I ask why?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I hate both teams and one has to win?

I have a list of teams that I hate the most.

Cowboys at the top, and the Jaguars and Ravens at the bottom. The Giants are in the top ten, and the Patriots are in the top 20, so by that, I have to root for the Patriots.

Exactly. I live in Dallas so I have to put up with all the cowgirl yahoos over here, so they are definitely my most hated. The way I look at it, I'd rather we have to lost to the eventual super bowl champs, so I'm ok with the giants winning over the pats. Although after watching that game I cant help but think we would have our 6th super bowl title this morning....
It's better to be lucky than to be good. Giants caught all of the breaks 12 men on the field on the fumble. The other fumbles bounced their way.

I didn't want to watch the game, but I figured its the last game of the year. Football is going away for a long team.

So the only thing that made it bearable was that I had some action on the game. I felt like the Giants were the better team and they were going to win even though that game could have easily gone the other way.

The fumble in the game that they called on the giants that the Patriots had the 12 men on the field, looked awfully a lot like the one we should have had in the championship game. THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF.

It just shows that we could have won the Superbowl. Hopefully the football gods will be with us next year (and the refs!)
Share 49ersWebzone