LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Originally posted by Joecool:
And that's not a problem. Vernon's had his share of crybaby. So did Bryant when he was here. I think I want a receiver who is willing to try and back up his talk. Crabs just needs our QB to throw the damn ball to him a little more. Can't make great catches if the ball is only thrown to you when you are wide open or not even then.

Yes, he had one bad game...wow...how many bad games has Alex had? Doesn't make him suck.

Then he'd better caught most of the balls thrown his way. How many balls did he drop in the third quarter against the Saints?
we could have done more with Michael Oher.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Crabs takes his sick time during TC

/thread

Crabs is a solid #2 but just doesnt have the talent or consistentcy to be a #1 in the NFL. Sad to say because he seemed to have so much potential coming into the league. I dont doubt his work ethic at practice... but I highly doubt his offseason work ethic. All these little dings he gets when practices start is a sign of a guy who only worked out in the summer to maintain his level of play, not improve it.

Look at the guys around the league and on this team that have had publicized intense offseason regimens, how many of those guys are injured or have a history of injury when TC starts? Then compare that to Crabs who seemingly disappears to texas for "private" workouts. For f*cks sake he hurt his foot last year breaking in new shoes during his first alex-camp practice, how does that happen to a supposed professional. Neck, foot and now calf? Ill still root for him during the season, but he needs to start showing toughness and motivation when the cameras arent on him (offseason) and not just when he's expected to gut it out during the regular season.
Alex works 150% to get better during TC

It took Alex Smith 8 years to average more than 1 td a game in the regular season
He had a broken foot last year. Hard to run routes with that injury. Sorry about that.
Originally posted by susweel:
Is a good player just not worth the #10 pick.

this
Four straight training camps, I see a pattern. Pro Football isn't a game where you play it when the mood suits you. Is he lazy? I don't know. I would question his desire though. Since he started playing with the Niners I never witnessed any separation speed. If Moss pans out Crabtree will see fewer throws. Trade him to Dallas.
Lazy AND overrated. He can change both labels whenever (or if ever) he decides to. The question is, will HarBaalke lose patience before Crabs decides to get serious about his NFL career.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Alex works 150% to get better during TC

It took Alex Smith 8 years to average more than 1 td a game in the regular season

what do you expect from Nolan and Sing and the fact we had 0 WR's and a s**tty OL....and he hasn't played 8 years worth of ball
Overrated, overpaid, over & out.

What a difference a year makes. Go Crabtree!
best hands ive ever seen
dude has put work in, that's obvious.
I guess it helps not running with a bad wheel!
Neither
Share 49ersWebzone