LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We weren't ready to win, it was obvious when we tried that double reverse and almost fumbled, that it was going to be a long day. Or how it took 2 whole quarters to adjust the coverage on Cruz? really? that was singletary slow.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I refuse to watch ESPN or listen to it. It's even hard listening to KNBR or 95.7 TheGame. The only thing that can calm me down right now is

(1) Bringing back the defense intact
(2) Commitment to adding more WRs who can catch
(3) Adding more ST returners who have good hands
(4) Making sure the QB position is earned and not given

That's all I want to hear. I want to know about off season workouts. I want to know the moment Crabtree doesn't show up so we can cut him. I just want it to be stressed to this group that every play matters. Every possession matters. If Harbaugh is an offensive coach, his team needs to become more efficient on 3rd down. I want the offense to just flat out be better.

this, my thoughts exactly. This year was cute and all with the "who's got it better than us?" next year better be all business and taking souls and blood. Just mean football from start to finish. That means bringing this offense up to par with the defense too. And a f**king return man that stays healthy
Enough of this east coast bias. I hate excuses. Who lost plain and simple. We had a fantastic year. Am I disapointed we lost the game? Yes but I am also so proud of this team and what they did this season with everything going against them. We lost its time to move on. But no we have to blame Harbaugh or this player or that player or the refs. Its so easy to criticize sitting at your computer. We went from 6-10 to 14-4 and the NFC championship. When we won people thought we were so great then we would lose a game so then people b***hed about harbaugh or smith or romans play calling or our DBs. To me that isnt a loyal fan, it is an opportunistic fan. It gets old. Be a Niner Faithful or find a new team to b***h about.
Im not bitter towards this season I am very proud of this season. And if u are a true Faithful you should be proud too.
Thank you 9ers for being the team u were this year. Thank you for giving us Faithful so,ethimg
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
I refuse to watch ESPN or listen to it. It's even hard listening to KNBR or 95.7 TheGame. The only thing that can calm me down right now is

That's all I want to hear. I want to know about off season workouts. I want to know the moment Crabtree doesn't show up so we can cut him. I just want it to be stressed to this group that every play matters. Every possession matters. If Harbaugh is an offensive coach, his team needs to become more efficient on 3rd down. I want the offense to just flat out be better.

this, my thoughts exactly. This year was cute and all with the "who's got it better than us?" next year better be all business and taking souls and blood. Just mean football from start to finish. That means bringing this offense up to par with the defense too. And a f**king return man that stays healthy

Agree 100%. It's time to send the league a message that any game with our 49ers will be a "stretcher" game. It's time to break some hearts just the Giants broke ours.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
went to the grocery store earlier, butcher goes, "9ers............man!" I threw my jumbo size box of tampons at his head.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Instead of wallowing in the "woah is me", why not look at what a great season it was. 8-win improvement over 2010...first playoffs in 9 seasons. Finally a head coach who "gets it". 9 players in the Pro Bowl...5 All Pros. Came within a whisker of going to the Super Bowl. All in all, I'd say it was pretty remarkable.

I'm feeling this way completely. As soon as the 9ers beat the Saints I relaxed...a little...and felt the rest would be gravy. This is a young team in many ways and they played well above expectation and Harbaugh managed them to many wins that were just magic. Looking forward we know that this team will be better next year and more playoff ready. The next five to ten years are in good hands and I look forward to this turn of events. I have always believed in supporting teams win/lose/or draw, so have never quit supporting the 9ers, but this is so great!
It's rough.. I have giants fans all around me at work..... To get a home game for the championship is REALLY tough...and to hand it over to the other team......can't listen to nfl radio on how great eli is....can' t watch espn.... Need about a month to go by and get into free agency/draft mode and next year BEAT EVERY DAMM TEAM!
Stop the depression guys we were laughingstocks the last 9 years and this yr we came "forward progress" away from Super Bowl 46 we will only continue to improve:

Stanford:
2007 Harbaugh 4–8 3–6 T-7th
2008 Harbaugh 5–7 4–5 T-6th
2009 Harbaugh 8–5 6–3 T-2nd L 27–31 Sun
2010 Harbaugh 12–1 8–1 2nd W 40–12 Orange

San Francisco:
2011 Harbaugh 13-3 2 seed in playoffs, L 17-20 NFC Championship
2012 Harbaugh ???
2013 Harbaugh ???
2014 Harbaugh Super Bowl 49 World Champs!!!
2015 Harbaugh Super Bowl 50 World Champs!!! Harbaugh rides off into the sunset!

Training Camp is only 6 months away lets trust our Award Winning GM and continue this ish in July! LOVE ME SOME 49ERS!!!
[ Edited by AirJordanXI on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM ]
Originally posted by richierich:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
this year was just a lil preview of what we're gonna see from here on out. <<<<<<<< that makes me feel better

You mean like the 90's? All those heart breaking losses in the playoffs?

no, I mean like 2 decades later in the 2000 teens
I'm happy that we ended up better than most expected, I'm pissed because the season ended too early thanks to Kyle Williams...

Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
I'm happy that we ended up better than most expected, I'm pissed because the season ended too early thanks to Kyle Williams...

this sums up my feelings

I think Harbaugh amplified what our team already was. Our good defense improved immensely, our mistake prone offense improved its efficiency, and we can debate the QB/WR thing, but we all agree we need to make some changes on offense to move this thing forward.
Efficiency is nice, but putting the ball in the end-zone is nice too.

You're right, Harbaugh is an offensive coach, and next year we are going to expect more than just efficiency from that group.
Great Run. Far better than even my highest hopes at the beginning of the season. My team played well enough to win the NFC championship, didn't work out but Cant ask for much more than that coming off 9 years of .500 or worse teams.
I will be bummed till kick off next season..no question..oh that game was a stinger! It sucks to feel defeated!
What I keep wondering is what in the hell was going through Kyle's mind on every PR opportunity he had?

Did his mindset change after the first mistake? The second?

As a football player, you've got to know the circumstances of not only playing in OT in the Playoffs, but in the NFC Title game, and what your role is as a Return man. Which is quite simple to me, either catch the ball and hold it with two hands then get any yards you can, or stick to the fundamentals and Fair Catch.

I will keep thinking about this same exact thing over and over again until draft day.
Share 49ersWebzone