LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My dad, who is a giants fan, sent me this dumb ass email saying he is disappointed in me cause I said I wasn't watching the game. It was this long ass email to which I wanted to reply 'didn't read'.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah the NFC has the Packers, Saints, Giants and 49ers. That's a tough conference.

The AFC has only the Patriots. The Ravens don't have much offense. The Jets have really dropped off. The Colts dropped off the earth. Honestly the Patriots could do it like 3 years in a row. There is NOBODY to challenge them in the AFC.

Exactly. And don't forget the Lions who are definitely on the ups, or the NFC south which will be solid for a long time with ATL and Cam Newton. Even our division seems likely to improve, as the Cards and Hawks came on late last year (easy schedules, but still) and the lowly Rams hired a competent coach for once.

f**k this. This was our year. I enjoyed this season more than any other I can remember, but emotionally I'd rather we just sucked like we had for the past 10 years than go out the way we did in the NFCC.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
You only get one shot....it's not like the old days....the stars really have to align in your favor. People should also keep in mind the NFC is deeper than the AFC right now, much harder road to toe. We won't be back for at least 2 - 3 years.

Yeah the NFC has the Packers, Saints, Giants and 49ers. That's a tough conference.

The AFC has only the Patriots. The Ravens don't have much offense. The Jets have really dropped off. The Colts dropped off the earth. Honestly the Patriots could do it like 3 years in a row. There is NOBODY to challenge them in the AFC.

too tough to predict, things change every year, nfc is deeper right now, but there are variables that change things every year, part of the reason i never buy into the strength of schedule thing where they use the records from a previous season.
I want to know why anybody would really be depressed though. I can understand the heartbreaking game but overall if somebody said the 49ers would be 13-3 they would be telling a bald face lie. They over achieved and if they don't do again next season, really can't be too upset. I think the should definitely make the playoffs, but they definitely exceeded expectations.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
I want to know why anybody would really be depressed though. I can understand the heartbreaking game but overall if somebody said the 49ers would be 13-3 they would be telling a bald face lie. They over achieved and if they don't do again next season, really can't be too upset. I think the should definitely make the playoffs, but they definitely exceeded expectations.

Who cares that we didn't expect them to make it as far as they did. The fact is they did and we blew it.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
we were so close
In 10 years I'm going to look back on this and it's going sting just as bad. Home game. Perfect night in SF by our standards and for our team. Defense is playing lights out. Game is definitely looking like its in our hands...and then...

This loss was exponentially worse than the NFC Championship game losses to the Cowboys and Packers because at least then we were beat by great teams who were better than us.

I think that's what hurts the most...the better team lost.

Can you guys imagine if it were US playing in the SUPER BOWL today??!?!?!
Too much Pain!
You only get one shot....it's not like the old days....the stars really have to align in your favor. People should also keep in mind the NFC is deeper than the AFC right now, much harder road to toe. We won't be back for at least 2 - 3 years.

Disagree.

The Pats are good, but the Ravens & Steelers can hang with them on any day of the week. You'll remember the Steelers beat the Pats in 2011.

As for everyone else... well if the Chargers can pull their heads out of their asses, then maybe they can compete again the AFC Playoffs. The Bills beat the Patriots this year... had Fred Jackson stayed healthy, it's possible they wouldn't have stalled out (though their failings in 2011 has more to do that just Jackson, obviously). The Texans seem to finally be building something special, especially on defense.

Really, all it takes is one injury. If Gronk or Hernandez or Welker go down, suddenly the Patriots are pretty human.

Also, New England didn't beat a team with a winning record during the regular season in 2011... true story bro.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Feb 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Disagree.

The Pats are good, but the Ravens & Steelers can hang with them on any day of the week. You'll remember the Steelers beat the Pats in 2011.

As for everyone else... well if the Chargers can pull their heads out of their asses, then maybe they can compete again the AFC Playoffs. The Bills beat the Patriots this year... had Fred Jackson stayed healthy, it's possible they wouldn't have stalled out (though their failings in 2011 has more to do that just Jackson, obviously). The Texans seem to finally be building something special, especially on defense.

Really, all it takes is one injury. If Gronk or Hernandez or Welker go down, suddenly the Patriots are pretty human.

Also, New England didn't beat a team with a winning record during the regular season in 2011... true story bro.

The Chargers will never do that. Every year they play down the the loser level they are.

Originally posted by NickSh49:

Disagree.

The Chargers will never do that. Every year they play down the the loser level they are.

Figured I'd throw it out there.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
My dad, who is a giants fan, sent me this dumb ass email saying he is disappointed in me cause I said I wasn't watching the game. It was this long ass email to which I wanted to reply 'didn't read'.

should've
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Your prediction is based on what? i guess we should hide under the bed for the next two to three years?after the season we had, the lack of faith is amazing from some people.it just seems like some people could not wait to run to the forum and say, this past year was a fluke, we will never do this again. why?
Disappointing ending to the season of course but damn it sure was a fun ride. I mean we WON a playoff game with a first year head coach. We realize that we do need a legit #1 receiver in the offseason but that shouldn't be difficult since there will be plenty that are free agents. I can't wait till next season cause this team is gonna be real motivated.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Your prediction is based on what? i guess we should hide under the bed for the next two to three years?after the season we had, the lack of faith is amazing from some people.it just seems like some people could not wait to run to the forum and say, this past year was a fluke, we will never do this again. why?

+1
Share 49ersWebzone