LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
Just b
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree with crabman and niner nation. Its been a week, you guys gotta get over it for gods sake, i will hope to think this thread will die naturally after today
Just because some fans remain bitter and are avoiding all sport outlets is not extreme, no one is depressed here, I'm still going clubbing, getting my work out in, looking forward to several travel plans this year..... Ppl with this get a life crap are morons... Plenty of ppl on the zone have a nice healthy fun life, just with some bitterness anything FOOTBALL related ...
when you are clubbing, if you see casey anthony punch her in the face for me , you young whippersnappers can go clubbing, i will just set at the bar , drink and hope the bar maid has a low cut blouse on when she bends over to wash the glassess
Bummed for sure. Depresssion though , come on? Depression is a state of mind with reserved parking for only the soft, meek , weak & meager! Do not park there bro. Get it in gear and move forward!
Originally posted by crabman82:
havent read the first 13 pages, just chiming in with my thoughts, i'm finding this loss very easy to get over, its 10 times better than being 6-10, worse feeling ever is being 4-8 and already previewing the next draft even though the current season wasnt done yet. live by the sword and die by it, won so many games on TO margin, stands to reason we'd lose one by it aswell.

This.

So much easier to deal with losses knowing that our team should be competitive for the next several years.

So much harder to deal with the never-ending losses for years on end, wondering when/if the 49ers would ever return to glory.
i dont see how any1 can be depressed

bummed? yes depressed no

depressed was last year r year before when we expected to go to playoffs but then go 6-10
Originally posted by 5280High:
Cause shutting down Brady, Gronk, Welker and Hernandez is such a given....

If anyone is still really that depressed they need more hobbies. If we were the Packers... then fine, but this team far exceeded anyones expectations. Beginning of the season all anyone talked about is whether we were bad enough to get Andrew Luck, now this team leads the league in probowlers, won coach of the year, GM of the year and possibly both DROY and Defensive MVP of the league.

Yeah it sucks they wont be playing in two weeks, but holy crap the future is glaringly bright for the first time since 2003.
wouldn't have shut them down but would have done enough to win i think...but i agree the future is looking great!

can't wait for the draft and next season!
  • Apone
  • Veteran
No. It was a great season. Our 49ers were involved in two of the best post season games ever. Talented players on both sides. Great coaching. Good front office that's evolving. I am excited!
The super bowl is making me sick.

Can't stand seeing the giants logo in my face.
No problem at all.

I lost my mom to canncer and my dad to heart disease. This is nothing but a bump in the road.
Originally posted by mayo49:
The football gods didn't want it to happen. That's how I look at it.

Totally agree.... It takes a certain amount of good fortune to get to the SB... The Giants had it in that game and the Niners didn't...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No problem at all.

I lost my mom to canncer and my dad to heart disease. This is nothing but a bump in the road.

So sorry to hear about your losses. But the "real life" sh!t (as I so often refer to it as) is what puts the 49ers and the game of football into perspective.

Throughout the whole Giants game, I reminded myself that:

I have my health
I have a great job
An awesome girlfriend
A great apartment in a fun town
Friends and Family

Those are the things that really matter and they're there regardless of what a football game's outcome is.

This is coming from a guy that is officially obsessed with the Niners too (go out to SF just about every year on a tight ass budget to see a game). But in the end, it's just a huge hobby of mine and nothing more.

The Niners had a dumbfounding, shocking, awe-inspiring season and I'm thankful that they're not complete incompetents anymore. I'm glad that the 49ers have put the league on notice that they're back.

That's all I really ever wanted over the past 9 years anyways, just competence and a playoff appearance. We got a hell of a lot more than just competence and a playoff appearance this year.

We got a playoff victory and promise to a very bright future for the red and gold.

i gotta say i am going on w my life and finding the fun in all other things. but i really dont want to watch the superbowl or listen to sirius nfl radio or be on twitter and i've even barely visted the zone. in a way its good to feel so hurt/devastated again cause that means we are back. hell its much better then feeling disappointed that we didnt win cause cody pickett cant complete a pass or cedric wilson didnt know to go down so we can call a time out or that mike singletary needs to review the film to figure out he's a f*&^ing idiot. all in all i'm thankful for a lot of things but bitterly disappointed that we are in playing this weekend. i'm just not ready yet for sports. thats just how i feel. god bless to the rest of you.
Yeah still bummed. Havent figured out if I am gonna watch the superbowl or not. Wanted our team there not the Giants.
Boy, I hate to break the gloom, but here are a few things for you guys that are down, and still licking your wounds.

6-10, again, in 2010. We were then in the tank and going nowhere for the 9th straight yr. Bingo, new college coach comes with terrific resume and runs smack dab into a lockout.
We had to wait, we got blown out in PS by saints, then worse by Texans, and those of us hoping for improvement just have to wait.

We start off okay, no great shakes, and it looks like we have an OL that will take about 10 games to get to know one another and play as a team. We actually seem to have turned the corner on OL and then run into the Ravens, who once again makes it look like 10 games to get the OL on line.

Coaching has been very conservative on O, but alex's INTs are down, and slowly, quietly we pass the 6 W mark, and amazingly lock up the hapless W conference with 6 games to go.

D has started to meld, and this unheralded #1 pick is taken as a surprise and disappointment to most. By midseason, he is looking interesting, tho still figuring it out at times. Fast forward to 14 sacks, and ALL DONE is now a nationally recognized force to avoid. He is not only incredibly fast , but with great moves and for the sacks he didn't get, he decked QBs and had a large # of hits, and always hurries. End of yr he is looking to be very close to DeMarcus ware and I believe will end up even better, maybe way even better than DeMarcus..now there's a thot for the off season.

Less heralded, is the DL which took about 4-5 games to get in the groove, and Justin Smith now becomes the best DL we have had, maybe ever. His bullrush, knocking an OT on his butt, while reaching over him and grabbing Eli in season and again Brees, were something rarely seen . He crushes opposing OTs, and even doubled, wreaks havoc. Fortunately, Big Mac came around as did Soap, with some spectacular stunts and crazy moves near season's end, becoming best front 7 in football.

Not forgotten are the LBs and by midseason, it is acknowledged that p-52 altho injured , when he returns, he and Bowman are acknowledged best two ILBs in football.
Grant in a relief roll plays terrific and best front 7 is now on everybody's mind. Going into season, our weakness was definitely the DBs, and that was very apparent first 4 or 5 games. By midseason, there had been a sea change, and now Goldson, Culliver, Brown, et al are no longer a weak spot, but a huge nasty D backfield to contend with.
HUge hits are laid on WRs, RBs, and TEs, and there is a genuine reluctance for anyone to go across the middle, because they knew they were going to get rocked, and in many cases put out of game. Because of ALL DONE, JUSTIN, and DBs, we lead the league in causing fumbles, drops, and loss of possession.

ON STs, we have a terrible triumvirate of Akers (thank you Philly), Lee, and Ginn. Our ST is best in league, and without Ginns injury we beat NYG and Pats in SB. That is just a fact, not a guess. We have huge advantage in field position, 15-20 yrds with every change in possession. The football field has become 30 yrds shorter for alex, and we set record for best starting positon on field after change of possession. Also Lee booms punts that are fair caught or downed inside the 20 on a pace not seen anywhere in yrs. From deep inside our end of field, Lee routinely booms punts 60+ yrds.

On Offense, quietly, and I mean very quietly , alex is throwing for only 175 to 230 yrds/game, but has 17 Tds vs only 9 INTs all yr. He has developed a neat trick of throwing ball into turf when guys are covered, which was case virtually all yr. Last 5 yrs those were all INTs, but this yr alex has taken Harbaugh to heart and not thrown INTs. Our big glaring deficit is WR, with Morgan gone most of yr, craps turns into a circus catch player sometimes, but usually just doesn't show up. His days here are numbered on a team without #1, #2 and #3 WRs. I strongly suspect Coach H is looking to send him packing for equal value, but he has become a problem and is not doing team or himself any favors. Kyle williams and morgan are it, sometimes ginn, but I can tell you for certain, whoever we draft, acquire or bring back from the dead, we are going to see WRs that not only know how to fake, juke, or whatever, but are going to use those fakes from here on out to help get open... and will hold onto the ball. Maybe no standout, but we will field wRs who can get open and catch. Yes our wRs are not that good, but they alone, of all our positions are the ones poorly coached . Coincidentally the only coach we lost was a WR coach, and bet on a better WR coach being recruited. Wouldn't surprise if it is a coach JH has coached with before. Regardless of who we end up with , count on Coach to have them running crisp routes, with one or two fakes thrown in, and they will catch the ball. We will be vastly improved at WR this yr, so look for alex's numbers to get better, with more TDs and yds.

RBs were a positive, thanks in large part to a rejuvenated OL, with frank well , being frank, and more importantly, the emergence of Hunter, a great addition.

Our TEs have saved our bacon all yr, and Vernon has finally ended up where he should have been. Delanie was doing well until injured. We may end up with a TE functioning as a WR after the draft but I feel certain, we will also land Bowe (i hope) or vincent jackson, DEFINITELY not Desean Jackson, maybe Colston, maybe williams from Pitts. We will get one WR to fill in the #1-3, but may have another TE who plays TE but runs WR routes. Hopefully Kyle comes around and makes it as WR, a # 2 or #3, but no more PR.

Coaching: Last but most important is coaching, with the most remarkable turnaround in NFL hx ever, if not tied for 1st. Coach Harbaugh brought this team around with the basics, that somehow noln, BM, never taught, and that is tackling, ball handling. and thinking. Our positive turnover ration attests to this, with dozens of balls hitting the turf and we got most of 'em. I look for this to get better yet next yr as our D got even better as seaon wore on. Of major consequence is a winning team attitude, not with a team that is beat before the first snap, but a team that KNOWS it is going to win. Everyone (except for a rare one, ie craps) plays his heart out, makes maximal physical effort, and then there is the NFL top Defender of the yr, Justin Smith. All these guys have been coached up as never before, at the hands of a real coach, who eats, breathes, and sleeps, football, and has instilled same in his team. He is a lock for COY.

GM: 150% improved, with a draft that looks to become our best since the 81-82 walsh draft, with Aldon surprising us all, Bowman coming along from last yr, and all draft picks (eg costanzo) definitely adding to the team. Our owner altho young is taking over, and getting out of the way, getting the stadium going, giving a great coaching staff everything they want. Guys, if you are disheartened, hopefully this will cheer you up. No hyperbole here, just facts, and knowledge that we will be even better this coming yr. We have the best coach, ILB tandem , best DL in Justin, best passrusher in ALLDONE, one of best Dbackfields, overall best DL(with soap and BigMac),
best TE, best ST IN THE LEAGUE. In addition our QB, in hibernation waiting for a real coach has shown us what lies ahead, RBs look solid...wow, what is to be despondent about. Top it off with new stadium finally going, and we have an awful lot of BEST in the LEAGUES going for us.

My gosh guys, I can't wait for next season. Can you?
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
Still not any better all these days later. LOL. What a devastating loss. I really can't stand the way we lost. It's one thing to get beat. It's another thing to hand the other team the game at home in the NFC Championship game. After a decade of losing no less. We had a really legitimate shot to go the Super Bowl. I honestly don't know if I have ever taken a loss harder than this one. I'd say this is the hardest loss of all time as a 49er fan. At least in the past 15 years anyway. Easily. Nothing else compares.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it'll get better once the superbowl passes.
Share 49ersWebzone