LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

We love naming catches( I, II, III ) do we name the fumble?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
is kyle williams cutt yet?
In a nearby thread, rather than blaming Kyle for the loss, I noted the need for a well trained PR(ie he fielded many punts and was instructed in when to fair catch, when to let it go into End Zone, when to field it and run , etc). and then to also have a back up who has been similarly instructed and has fielded equal # of punts as our #1 PR. It is not the kind of thing I had ever thot about in times past, but then again, Coach Walsh never considered STs very important. His one flaw, if he had any at all. But in retrospect, had Kyle been given a lot of instruction in fielding punts, PLUS the practice doing so, we might well be headed for SB today rather than pointing fingers. Coach H was proud of his STs and they were an extremely important part of our team. How ironic, one of our real strengths ended up doing us in, mainly due to bad luck and injury.

I wonder if Coach will have a 2nd PR this yr who gets equal PR instruction and teaching, and also fields as many punts as #1 Ginn?.
The Knee is the best one so far, lol

The Wedgie
The b-slap
The Superowned
The 'are you kidding me!'

well enough from me
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
In a nearby thread, rather than blaming Kyle for the loss, I noted the need for a well trained PR(ie he fielded many punts and was instructed in when to fair catch, when to let it go into End Zone, when to field it and run , etc). and then to also have a back up who has been similarly instructed and has fielded equal # of punts as our #1 PR. It is not the kind of thing I had ever thot about in times past, but then again, Coach Walsh never considered STs very important. His one flaw, if he had any at all. But in retrospect, had Kyle been given a lot of instruction in fielding punts, PLUS the practice doing so, we might well be headed for SB today rather than pointing fingers. Coach H was proud of his STs and they were an extremely important part of our team. How ironic, one of our real strengths ended up doing us in, mainly due to bad luck and injury.

I wonder if Coach will have a 2nd PR this yr who gets equal PR instruction and teaching, and also fields as many punts as #1 Ginn?.

how much more experience do you want for a backup returner, he returned kicks his whole college career and this wasn't his first game returning kicks in the NFL
For the record, there is only the catch, why you may ask...well go ahead ask...There is only the catch because the second and third catches did not lead to a Super Bowl title period end of catch two and three, they were great moments, but utterly unimportant, only championships matter over the long haul, that is why children there can be only one "The Catch" As for KW choke job, I would rather not name it I would rather forget it and move on!
"The Kyle"

It may sound like a sexual position, but considering his fumbles fcked the team, I found it very fitting.
I say no. Naming anything to do with KW's fumble(s) feels so, so Cleveland Browns to me. I'm gonna take the Brent Jones approach to this and just shake my head whenever it may be mentioned...

Niners tight end Brent Jones grew up in the Bay Area and played his entire career in San Francisco (1987-97), and he watched and then participated in the 49ers-Giants rivalry. He still considers that 1990 NFC title-game defeat the most painful of his life, and has trouble even speaking of Craig's late-game fumble that turned the tide and sparked New York's game-winning drive and 42-yard Matt Bahr field goal as time expired. Twice during our conversation, Jones merely made rather opaque reference to "the ball sitting on the ground,'' never mentioning either Craig's name or the word "fumble.''

"To this day, I don't know if there was a more intense game than that one,'' Jones said. "That was a tough one. It was ugly. I still have not watched that game. It's painful. It's frustrating. It still bothers me, because I felt like we were going to win three [Super Bowls] in a row. I can just remember being so bitter because we lost, and bitter because it was the Giants. The rivalry had already been on by the time I got there, but for them to come out on top in a game that we felt was in the bag really hurt.''
The chick repellant
The Willie
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for BubbaParisMVP.
Seeing as we have no names for Rice's fumble against the Giants, nor Craig's fumble against the Giants, I see no reason to name the play.

Children, there's no need to attach a name to everything. Now get the hell off my lawn.

Edit: You can congratulate me all you like, just stay the hell off of my lawn! Little b*st*rds.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM ]

Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
The Kyle Williams game

Done.
the roger craig II? LOL
Oh no..uh oh..:p
#10 special
The F Dub
Kyle Colapse
Jumbled fumble
The return
The not the catch
The it didnt touch my knee
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The Vernon Post just lost some of its meaning.

+1, unfortunately

++2 Without the #6 trophy to go with it will be a highlight throw and catch for Niner fans, and fade out of memory in time..just like Ownes catch..
Share 49ersWebzone