There are 255 users in the forums

How are you guys doing today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by fly15:
cut kyle williams

Personally I'd rather keep Williams over Crabtree. At least Williams has speed and has shown he can be an up and coming receiver.

Crabtree doesn't even make an appearance in big games then complains and sneak disses to the media the next day

but you cant say we lost cause of crabtree yesterday, they can cut both I dont care, we lost thanks to williams
cut kyle williams

Personally I'd rather keep Williams over Crabtree. At least Williams has speed and has shown he can be an up and coming receiver.

Crabtree doesn't even make an appearance in big games then complains and sneak disses to the media the next day

Keep Crabtree at least he doesn't cough up the ball like Williams does
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Horrible....I cried like a little b***h last night. The NFL is not like the old days...you only get one shot and we blew it. Much harder schedule next year, I doubt we even make the playoffs.

While I think we can win the west again next season. I do agree your window of opportunity can close so fast in the NFL especially without an elite QB. Which makes this loss sting even more because it could be years before we get back to the NFC championship game, let alone host another one.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM ]
Its 1:30pm and I STILL haven't done anything productive at work. Just been sitting here on the zone or sitting thinking what could it been. I'm about to go home early, watch some comedies or something. This really does feel worse than getting dumped. At least when you get dumped you can go on a rampage and sleep with as many willing candidates as you can and feel better.
Originally posted by JDM_DC4:
Its 1:30pm and I STILL haven't done anything productive at work. Just been sitting here on the zone or sitting thinking what could it been. I'm about to go home early, watch some comedies or something. This really does feel worse than getting dumped. At least when you get dumped you can go on a rampage and sleep with as many willing candidates as you can and feel better.

lol, couldn't have said it any better. This is exactly how i feel
Today f**king sucks.
Not happy, but better than I expected to be doing.

The future is bright and this team will be in the mix next year. We are going to lose some pieces, but I expect better offense in '12 and a worse defense.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Not happy, but better than I expected to be doing.

The future is bright and this team will be in the mix next year. We are going to lose some pieces, but I expect better offense in '12 and a worse defense.

i agree in general. but knowing how hard it is to get to that point, how hard it is to avoid major injuries, to maintain a high level of play, to keep a talented roster together, to keep a solid coaching staff together, etc, makes it hard to swallow. we lost a golden chance. yes, the future is bright, and we'll compete--but its not hard to imagine that yesterday was our best shot at a super bowl for who knows how long. this season had a certain magic to it that will never be repeated or recaptured.

that's pessimistic and that's how i feel today, but i'm also pretty sure that its the truth.
It all sucks and I got very little sleep last night, but when all is said and done, I am extremely proud of this 49er team. I have forgiven Kyle Williams, the moment just got too big for him, and nobody feels worse about it than him. It's scary to think that we got this far considering all the circumstances this offseason and all the untimely injuries we sustained (Morgan, Walker, Ginn). I have no doubt in my mind that this team will come back strong next year. Here's to hoping we can keep this defense together and add a top-flight wide receiver and maybe a Guard to get this offense going. I would love to keep the Tony Montana squad together cause they are just pure awesomeness!! It was a great year and now I'm ready for a great offseason. Thank you Niners for giving us a wonderful ride this season, it was unexpected, but man it was GREAT!! Go Niners!!!
I'm doing awful. I haven't visited any 49er sites until now since after the game. Had to have my wife pick up all the s**t I threw and put away my 9er jerseys for now. It's hard sitting in my man cave which is all sports and about 60% niner stuff all around.

A lot of ppl are saying they are happy w/the season and I get that from the perspective we had in the offseason. but man by what week 10 weren't we all thinking we could have more? once we beat the Saints and the Packers lost it just felt like it was in the cards for us to win #6

our defense gave up 10 real points, those other 10 were all on Kyle Williams. I understand the offense didn't do much other than the 2 bombs to VD.

who would have thought an injury to Ted Ginn Jr would have ruined our f'n season guys. I wish it was Kendall Hunter back there on that 2nd one, especially if the coaching staff knew he had this shoulder injury his dumba$$ father claims he had.

Man, we went from the highest highs to the lowest of lows in a week span lol.

We've experienced both "The Catch III (or "The Grab") AND "The fumble II" & "The fumble III".

What a season. I blame Brett Swain.
cut kyle williams

but you cant say we lost cause of crabtree yesterday, they can cut both I dont care, we lost thanks to williams

Hey I agree that we can bring in a brand new receiving core for all I care.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Horrible....I cried like a little b***h last night. The NFL is not like the old days...you only get one shot and we blew it. Much harder schedule next year, I doubt we even make the playoffs.

This, can be another decade before we get to feel this again
Yeah...
MAD as heck.....but we've got to be strong....it's better than what most people thought we would do...we just really lack WRs and DBs, especially after Goldson knocked TB out.....and almost did the same for Whitner.....

For next season, I don't believe we will go 13-3 again but WILL make the playoffs and show everyone why we deserve it.....Great performance Niners and thanks for a great season....

MOCK DRAFT:

1. WR
2. CB
3. OG
[ Edited by kingkong916 on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM ]
fine, I feel bad about loss but it wont affect me. the bright side is ill get to see them in the probowl now
Share 49ersWebzone