LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

The Blame Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Deviating from what was working...NOT RUNNING THE BALL MORE cost us the game.

we played right into the giants hands by letting them sit in nickle to cover walker and davis and not running it against their nickle coverage.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i wanted more Frank. that's all i can realy complain about game plan wise.....

oh ya double reverse with wet ball....

other than that. no purpose for this thread.

Tell em Shane, I'm trying so hard not pop off on some of these posters posting some of the most insane b******t. Fuuuuuuuuu
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Injuries played a big part even before the game started; Josh Morgan, Braylon Edwards, Ted Ginn. Alex is throwing to practice squad players and is one hamstring pull away from throeing to a safety converted wide receiver, Colin Jones.

C'mon man. Alex didn't win the game. He sure as hell didn't lose it

You...are correct, sir...
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
The only play the refs screwed us on was the giants td when harbaugh called a timeout and they ignored it.

Um, did you not see the horse s*** forward progress stopped call that cost us a fumble recovery deep in Giants territory late in the game?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Champions overcome injuries.

It is true....and that is why the Niners' season ended... They simply didn't have quite enough in the tank to overcome injuries...and unfortunate turnovers.

After the smoke has cleared somewhat, I think it is simply clear the Niners just don't have quite enough talent on offense...yet...to go the Super Bowl. Now...that defense is another story. That is definitely a championship caliber defense.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Injuries play a part in every sport. Having injuries at the wrong time of the season is the killer blow!

This is the entire point of the thread... Well expressed.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
It was Kyle Williams fault. I know the offense didn't play great but we were getting the ball back with a four point lead and about 10 mind to go. We were running the ball very well against them. Williams sucks.
Originally posted by dankmeistr:
If Alex Smith did not stay with the 49ers this year, we don't have a 13-3 season, and then beat the Saints in the playoffs. Step back for a minute and think about everything Alex Smith had to deal with this year (not to mention the 6 years before this season) and you will find that he has done an amazing job quarterbacking this team.

The entire team had everything going against it this year, and yet they still managed to have a great year. The 2011 49ers had very low expectations, especially from the national media, and all they did this year was go out and win. They had some really great games and won in the clutch when they had to. How many 4th quarter comebacks did Alex Smith have this season, four or five? I'm not sure exactly, but he played his heart out for this team and Coach Harbaugh when he could have just walked away.

Your opinion is wholly misinformed and misguided if you put this loss squarely on Alex Smith. Open your eyes and look at the facts. You are allowing your emotions to influence you, and that only makes you look foolish.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC

I believe the answer is six.
Originally posted by Montana:
Alex is not a good QB..sorry, but he's just not. Never has been. No animosity..he just isn't good. Sorry, but his time has been up for a while. Not the popular opinion..but it's JMHO.

He's not a franchise QB but if you surround him with more talent, then he's good. He's like a top 15-20 quarterback

I am still trying to recover from that loss...

I actually feel bad for K. Williams. OK, he made two very costly mistakes, but come on, death threats ? That is insane.

If we look at the broader picture, you can find many reasons for the loss. What about D. Goldson hitting T. Brown during a clear interception process ?

The main reason, however, is the lack of offense the team had to deal with all season long. It is actually pretty remarkanle to make it to the NFC Championship game with so little offense. No WRs, a pretty average QB (let's face it, A. Smith is not the type of QB that brings a team to the Superbowl) and an aging F. Gore. Considering that J. Harbaugh is an offensive minded coach, it is amazing to see that the offense was so poor compared to our exceptional defense this year. There are big holes to fill in the offseason, if the team wants to go one step further.

Next season will not a surprise season, like this year. Every team will want to knock the team off. The road schedule is brutal. The opportunity that was missed this year may not present itself again soon, contrary to what everybody says. Rebuilding the offense is a priority and that may have to include the QB. It is now J. Harbaugh's responsibility to make sure that next year's offense can bring the team a long way.

Go Niners !
after josh morgan went down , everybody got piss mentioning t.o. resigning now we where a receiver away from the superbowl , don't get me wrong k . williams played a part in the loss in yesterday games but i blame our gm , seriously we had ample time to sign a proven wide receiver veteran and we bring in swain .
[ Edited by 15crabtree on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM ]
Coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching coaching

When the Giants lost Baas, did we ever try to overload the center? As soon as Brown went down, the Giants went right after Brock. 3 and outs all day long, 2 fumbles by Williams, (never mind all his drops last week and his reckless approach to fielding punts) and they still let him on the field.

Anthony Dixon running the ball when we have Gore and Hunter, absolutely inexcusable.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
It was a team loss, it always is a team loss. But if Williams holds onto the ball, we would have won.
I blame you and your choice of names.

Lock this b***h
Share 49ersWebzone