LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Giants' Rolle: 49ers' V.Davis asks for trouble

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Not really... the physical play caused those fumbles. All those big hits. They didn't just "happen." This defense is physical. You'll see on Sunday.

The Packers were off. Everyone knows that. Also, the Giants played a great game which results in the relatively easy win.

We already saw you in week 10. Nothing special. Manningham dropped the game tying td with a minute left. And we were missing 8 players..

Funny you say the same thing Falcons and Packers fans have been saying.

You had a nice run and Alex Smith was a great story, but it ends this Sunday.

And Ginn gave away points too. Big deal. Better not shoot yoursleves in the foot by turning the ball over this weekend because everybody knows the New York Giants have no problems with shooting themselves

LOL!!!

You had a nice run NY, its over!!!

Go 9ers!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
You beat us.. s**t happens..

This is the NFC Championship game. Giants have NEVER lost one 4-0..

You had 5 turnovers last week and won last minute, we had 4 and won easily..

You guys played well I give you that, but you can also argue that the Packers had a bad game. How often do you see the Packers drop passes? Hardly ever. It wasn't as close as people thought it would be. Now I'm not taking the win away from you. Now yes we got 5 turnovers and our offense sputtered in the 2nd and 3rd quarter but they stepped up in the 4th when it mattered. Had we converted on all those 5 turnovers, it would have been a blowout but we didn't. We didn't stop the high-powered Saints offense but we limited their points enough for us to win, something we've done well all season. Everyone right now is putting the Giants on an island because their hot, but the Niners this season have beaten those hot teams (Detroit, Cincy, Philly, Giants), and 3 out of the 4 were on the road.

Not saying we are going to win, not saying you are going to win. This game is going to come down to who's defense creates the turnovers and who can run the ball. Last I checked, the niners top the league in getting turnovers and running the ball. Its going to be wet and raining on Sunday so you can probably say the passing game for both teams will be limited.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
how do you explain rolling in here hot and then going on such a losing streak you nearly ousted yourself out of playoff contention? Every team has injuries. You didn't run the ball all season. A couple of games you literally got your asses handed to you. Now you're running the ball a little more in the playoffs against two teams that didn't even bother to show up and you're saying our run is gonna end?

Deep down you know the Giants are done. We are not going to lay down like ATL and GB did. And you won't get 50 yds rushing. Sorry.

Honeslty man, I and many others feel San Fran is just another stop till INDY.

Its going to be a hard game, but the Giants are the best all around team left in this tournament..

Define "best around team." Here, let me help you with some statistics that you can't argue:

Defense - No contest - 49ers are better
Special Teams - No contest - 49ers are better
Offense - close call, but sorry, still giving it to the 49ers
Coaching - please, no contest - 49ers

And your point? Oh yeah, I posted somewhere that 49ers will be playing at home. The giants homer replied "so, giants win away." The fool couldn't realize that any team would rather play at home than away.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
LOL!!!

You had a nice run NY, its over!!!

Go 9ers!!!

NINER EMPIRE TAKING OVER
Didnt the Saints beat theirselves with INTs and Fumbles?

Oh let me guess,the 49ers forced those..

But the Giants didnt force the Packers turnovers..

You have somewhat of a point, but is there anything about that game to suggest that the Packers were really "on" for that game? Not making excuses, but they never seemed to be really in it and didn't put up much of a fight.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Define "best around team." Here, let me help you with some statistics that you can't argue:

And your point? Oh yeah, I posted somewhere that 49ers will be playing at home. The giants homer replied "so, giants win away." The fool couldn't realize that any team would rather play at home than away.

Your defense this year was better. At the moment I would take our defense, but I can understand your side of the argument.
Special teams you guys are better.
Offense we are better are Qb, Receiver, and O Line (Your line let up the most sacks in the NFL) 450 pass attempts 40+ sacks, ELI 580+ passes 25 sacks. Huge difference.
And to say your coaching is ahead of a coaching staff that (Coughlin, Gilbride) that has won a superbowl, is idiotic.

Your defense this year was better. At the moment I would take our defense, but I can understand your side of the argument.
Offense we are better are Qb, Receiver, and O Line (Your line let up the most sacks in the NFL) 450 pass attempts 40+ sacks, ELI 580+ passes 25 sacks. Huge difference.
And to say your coaching is ahead of a coaching staff that (Coughlin, Gilbride) that has won a superbowl, is idiotic.

Can't be that idiotic especially considering we beat another superbowl staff in the Saints..
Originally posted by samoan49er:

Can't be that idiotic especially considering we beat another superbowl staff in the Saints..

and beat NYG earlier this year...to argue about players hurt..that's why you have 2nd string.
players

Look at it from an outside perspective.

1st year coach (1st NFC championship game) going vs a coach who is going to his 3rd championship game (2nd with Giants)...

Its IMPOSSIBLE to try and say the 49ers have a better staff.

Look at it from an outside perspective.

1st year coach (1st NFC championship game) going vs a coach who is going to his 3rd championship game (2nd with Giants)...

Its IMPOSSIBLE to try and say the 49ers have a better staff.

Our ST coach has many rings as your franchise does !

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol now we are bring ST coaches into the argument.

Yall are reaching.

Your COACH did a great job this year, but hes NOT a better coach that Coughlin. Maybe with in years he will be.

Look at Rex Ryan year 1 and year 3.. Big drop off..
He can take it all personal if he wants, but anyone in their right mind would rather a home game against the Giants than a road game against the Packers.

We beat them before, we can do it again.

Nobody is giving us a chance. theres so many biased, cocky Giants fans right now already talking about a re-match SB with the Pats. As expected, the national opinion looked right on past the 49ers beating the Saints, who everyone WAS crowing the SB favorite, and has moved right on to "holy crap the Giants beat the Packers in GB!! theyre the favorites to win it all!"

I hope we stay the underdog the rest of the way. weve gotten NO respect for a 13-3 season, no respect coming into the Saints game, no respect coming into the Giants game, and even if we win this one, going into the SB we wont be given a chance. keep the doubts coming, we'll just keep winning.

Yall are reaching.

Your COACH did a great job this year, but hes NOT a better coach that Coughlin. Maybe with in years he will be.

I was just making it sound as bad as you were
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]

Yall are reaching.

we have the best special teams in the league. ST will help determine the outcome of this game. We're a complete team and understand the value of ST.

Coughlin is a good coach. But he's only one 13 or more games once, in 1999.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
While I agree your offense has the edge. We beat you soundly in every other area. If you don't think our defense is better, than you haven't watch us play. I've watched plenty of Giants games this year and there's no comparison. I know you believe you're a hot team right now, but we've been doing it all year. We are just physically better, and if you want to test that theory, YOU. WILL. LOSE. EVERY. TIME.

As for coaching, I wouldn't trade our staff for any other in the league. Can you say the same? Harbaugh and our staff has done things no other coaching staff could do. He's the all around package. He's smart, loyal, game experienced, his players would do anything for him (I don't know if Giants players feel the same about Coughlin), and he's surrounded himself with some of the best position coaches and coordinators in the game.

What have they done that no other coaching staff has done?
Share 49ersWebzone