There are 198 users in the forums

Regardless of what happens sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kidash98:
Regardless of what happens this Sunday, this has been one of the best season for this franchise after so long...

This
This season has changed the whole organization into a winning one.

They beat the eagle,steelers,giants,saints,

They won most of their games on the east coast

They have done all the things we would not have dreamed of in the last 9 seasons.

Let's add one more to the list and finish this season with a 6th trophy!!!
To me, each win is extra gravy. The team hadn't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade, so winning the division was sublime. Getting to host a playoff game, what a thrill for young kids who never experienced the Montana/Young years. Finally, winning against a really good team and advancing to the NFC Championship is a monumental achievement. It has been a great ride.

Unfortunately, I think the Giants end the party. Along with the Pats, they look like the team to beat.

If it is the end, I hope fans are not mortified if the Niners lose to the Giants, compared to losing at Green Bay. The Giants seem to have that freaky invincibility to them right now. That is why they play the game.
If we had JJ Watt, do you think we could beat them?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
To me, each win is extra gravy. The team hadn't been to the playoffs in nearly a decade, so winning the division was sublime. Getting to host a playoff game, what a thrill for young kids who never experienced the Montana/Young years. Finally, winning against a really good team and advancing to the NFC Championship is a monumental achievement. It has been a great ride.

Unfortunately, I think the Giants end the party. Along with the Pats, they look like the team to beat.

If it is the end, I hope fans are not mortified if the Niners lose to the Giants, compared to losing at Green Bay. The Giants seem to have that freaky invincibility to them right now. That is why they play the game.

the Pats won't beat the Ravens. hanging 45 points on one of the worst playoff teams in history isn't impressive to me.

the Giants are a tough team but we're tougher and better.

whether we win by a little or a lot, we're going to win on Sunday.
F*CK LOSING! WE'RE PLAYING TO WIN IT ALL!!!
God, get some backbone fellas...sheesh...you all sound like a bunch of pansies. "I wanna win so bad..."damn......it's gonna be a dragged out slap in the mouth fight, and the better team, the one who wants it the most will win. Personally I think Harbaugh is a jerk for slapping Schwartz on the back and walking away from him like he was the better person.
Originally posted by bklyn1028:
God, get some backbone fellas...sheesh...you all sound like a bunch of pansies. "I wanna win so bad..."damn......it's gonna be a dragged out slap in the mouth fight, and the better team, the one who wants it the most will win. Personally I think Harbaugh is a jerk for slapping Schwartz on the back and walking away from him like he was the better person.

Don't underestimate our "feel good" story as a sign of weakness, brah. You know your team will lose this Sunday, right? We know you guys are playing well but we're gonna beat you guys.

Originally posted by bklyn1028:

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If we had JJ Watt, do you think we could beat them?

If he intercepts a ball and runs it into the end zone, like against the Bengals, or posts a 12 tackle, 2.5 sack, 3 tackle for loss game, like against the Ravens...maybe.

The NFL is witchcraft. I think the Giants have that freaky run in them that the Packers had last year, and I'm not sure anyone can stop them.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I just hope we can capitalize and finish. I think we will be back but sometimes chances like this only come around once. The NFCW is getting better and we have a pretty tough schedule next year, especially on the road. A whole offseason should help but teams will know us and we have to get better especially offensively. I am sure we will reload talent but I'd like to get a SB before guys like Frank and Justin retire. Plus we have a lot of free agents and I think we should get a discount but some might go elsewhere for more money. Things look promising but no guarantee that we are going to be back year after year for the next 5 years or whatever. It's been a successful season but I don't want to be that team that gets to the NFCCG this year then next year gets knocked out after a round or two and then spends the next how many seasons trying to get back to the NFCCG. I just hope we capitalize.

I agree with the above. Our conference will be much more difficult next year.

For this game against the Giants, even if we lose, the most important thing that we need to happen is for ASmith to remain steady and productive. We CAN'T have him thow a bunch of INTs and fumbles to "cost us the game." That would derail our progress into next year by raising all the doubts again about his place starting. Our success requires we have some stability and progress at the QB position -- and OC.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the Pats won't beat the Ravens. hanging 45 points on one of the worst playoff teams in history isn't impressive to me.

We see things differently. The Ravens had a huge turnover advantage against the Texans, and still almost lost playing at home.
AND
Posting 45 points against the Broncos defense is not bad.
Regardless of what happens Sunday, it's been a helluva year where expectations were surpassed by light years! I had hopes of us winning the West and getting into the playoffs, but being in the Championship game with a chance to go back the to the Super Bowl...dang...still waiting for someone to pinch me. People I know around Green Bay say I must be pretty happy, and I am, but I just keep telling everyone, "2 more wins"!!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

We see things differently. The Ravens had a huge turnover advantage against the Texans, and still almost lost playing at home.
AND
Posting 45 points against the Broncos defense is not bad.

i don't like the Ravens much, but their defense is good enough to corral that offense, and the Pats defense is so bad that even Flacco will be effective against it.

The Broncos had one of the worst pass defenses in playoff history. If Tom Brady threw fewer than 6 TD's it would have been more surprising than throwing 6.
Losing this game would be disappointing. however whatever happens I am extremely proud of this team and extremely proud to be a 49rs fan
Share 49ersWebzone