LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Watching a game at candlestick in the rain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I will be heading out to candlestick and have never watched a game in the rain. Any tips from the veterans?

Do they handout those ponchos at the game or can they purchased?

Really excited bout the game but a bit disappointed that it will be raining for 5 straight days
Originally posted by Supr9er:
I will be heading out to candlestick and have never watched a game in the rain. Any tips from the veterans?

Do they handout those ponchos at the game or can they purchased?

Really excited bout the game but a bit disappointed that it will be raining for 5 straight days

They have guys that will sell you cheap plastic panchos for 5-15, but its just street vendors.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
bring an umbrella and sharpen the tip of it so you can use it as a weapon and stick one of the Giant fans with it if we happen to lose!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
go buy a good rain poncho from walmart for $5 so you arent stuck with one as thick as a cheap trash bag that costs $8

Also whoever sits in front of me better not bring an umbrella cause i will flip out if that s**t is blocking my view.
Originally posted by Chico:
bring an umbrella and sharpen the tip of it so you can use it as a weapon and stick one of the Giant fans with it if we happen to lose!

Umbrellas are for p***ys. Go shirtless, don't want a wet shirt.
Do you have any fishermen or hunters in your family? If so, they're certain to have some decent rain gear you can borrow.

LOL, 25 people we're arrested at the last game. How about lets make it an even 100 for this game.:)
I'll use Michael Tolcher's quote and say playin' in the rain is worth catchin' a cold. Give it all ya got.... I remember the Chiefs MNF game to start the season a few years back against SD who were the heavy favorites. Arrowhead is always loud but with the down poring rain people just seemed to forget it and let it all out. It was amazing. At one point I thought it would be good for the casual SF fans because they would stop worrying about eating or looking pretty and just cheer. Although, the way they have brought it since we started winning it's not needed.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Umbrellas are for p***ys. Go shirtless, don't want a wet shirt.

im with you brotha...im goin shirtless cuz my adrenaline is going to be off the roof!!!!
Get there early and avoid the outer dirt lots that turn into muddy lakes. Cheer your ass off!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The rain might keep the ticket prices a bit lower.
Originally posted by susweel:

& Giants fan from spending big bucks traveling to Cali to sit in the rain?

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

LOL, 25 people we're arrested at the last game. How about lets make it an even 100 for this game.:)

I am REALLY hoping that statement was tongue in cheek ....... Remember Bryan Stow!

If everyone was a fan of the same team, it wouldn't be much fun. Treat people with respect, but have fun with opposing fans!
If it rains, I'm not going......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by susweel:

& Giants fan from spending big bucks traveling to Cali to sit in the rain?

I don't see that being a problem, the percentage of Saints fans was very low.
Share 49ersWebzone