There are 227 users in the forums

The 49ers second touchdown drive at the end was unnecessary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ou812:
I'm with sincalfaithful ... wow, I can't belive I'm actually posting on this forum, just happened to see this referred to on the espn board ... been niner and football fan since i was 8 years old living in SF at the corner of bush and leavenworth in '79 and every time I see a statement like this I think how 0.001 percent of people here actually played football at college level or higher and large majority never played at all ... you never assume anything as a player unless given direct command from the head coach (unless your coach is Schottenheimer ... okay a cheap shot) ... indeed for many other reasons "this thread is f**king stupid as hell"

you're a smart man
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Well you see...

nevermind

• Pick6
  • Veteran
f**k! I just read through this entire thread thinking there HAD to be something useful in it... that's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back.
Originally posted by Pick6:
f**k! I just read through this entire thread thinking there HAD to be something useful in it... that's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

just reading the title I kmew it was gonna be pointless
I don't like any of this second-guessing s**t, I think what the 49ers should have done is had a better play in mind for the 2 point conversion, make that and Graham's touchdown is basically meaningless and the pressure is off to make a touchdown.
Originally posted by Pick6:
There was something useful. It helped me deal with the itch.on my head and balls(not in that order)
Originally posted by Youngb:
I couldn't have asked for this game to end any other way. Everything that transpired happened for a reason. This season is even more special just because of that game and the last 4 minutes.

++ You are correct my man!
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
This thread is unnecessary. Fans can be so fickle, we WON the game! And in much more dramatic and awesome fashion than just kicking a FG.

So much more dramatic...Plus this has got to permanently get Smith over his 6+ year hump....Screw a FG in this instance..Giants going down! How many sack on Manning? I hope thy put that smart a$$ sucker right out of the game in the 1st quarter..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't like any of this second-guessing s**t, I think what the 49ers should have done is had a better play in mind for the 2 point conversion, make that and Graham's touchdown is basically meaningless and the pressure is off to make a touchdown.

Smith audibled out of the play JH/Roman had called. A quick shot of JH after the failed conversion shows him pissed...He got over it thou....
A slide is technically the right call. The odds of them scoring a TD in 2:11 with 2 timeouts (including 2 min warning) remaining are greater than the odds of them getting in the range of, and making, a field goal in 30 seconds with no timeouts. It technically did not give us the best chance to win. Thankfully we wound up winning, but the slide would have been the statistically logical move.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
1. maybe Alex remembered Ackers' performance in the Eagles playoff game last year.
2. maybe Alex's football insticts tell him to score a TD no matter what. not a bad thing.
3. maybe this thread is unnecessary because of the actual outcome of the game.

i'm going with #3
Share 49ersWebzone